Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which GT car is better? Ferrari Fiorano 599 or Aston Martin DBS?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    First of all, it is ugly.
    Too many electronics nowadays. It removes the fun of driving a Ferrari.
    And it is way too heavy to be called a good Ferrari.
    It's almost like a status symbol Ferrari, you only buy it for the exclusivity.
    Ok, looks are debatable for some.

About electronics, 599's manettino does have "off" button.

Weight issue, DBS is heavier than 599 yet it doesn't bother you.

And when was the last time when top-of-the-line Ferrari wasn't a status symbol?

So the main issues for you are looks and "street-credit". You don't seem to have any complaints about technical bits and pieces or performance or driving comfort or any other qualities that define a Grand Tourer.

Too bad, I was hoping we could have an interestng discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    In the looks and style department, I would say the DBS. The 599 has never impressed me with the looks, although I find the 550/575 predecessor to be one most beautiful modern Ferrari's. To be honest I feel Ferrari's more recent styling has gone downhill compared with 90's and early 00's era styling.
    But to be fair, lots of car company's looks have gone downhill.

Look at BMW, Honda (Acura, really), Ferrari, etc. The list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Look at BMW, Honda (Acura, really), Ferrari, etc. The list goes on.
    I never though I'd say this, but I actually quite like Hondas. At least European ones.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I never though I'd say this, but I actually quite like Hondas. At least European ones.
    Yeah, the European and JDM ones are really nice looking. Something happens when they cross the ocean.

You haven't seen any Acuras probably. They're really ugly because of their stupid grills. Since Acura is under Honda, I listed it as Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    personal taste is the only gap between the two.
    Probably the DBS, I wouldn't mind the 599, definitely both.
    I can't see the problem of saying they are both as good as you (BH) think. putting everything into a chart form doesn't give something more to the winner, neither asking to someone else to decide.

ok, I've been harsh.

here is why to choose the 599 GTB, just some random reasons:
    - better performance from every point of view
    - better technology
    - it's a Ferrari
    - in certain colors it's damn sexy
    - sophisticated aero
    - inspired by one of the best cars ever made (365 GTB)

some reasons to buy a DBS
    - more exclusive
    - it's damn sexy period
    - awesome sound
    - british style a la 007
    - better interiors
    - the designer (Marek Reichman) knows every inch of the car and why it is that way, something rare these times

so, it's up to your taste, really.
    each of these points raised can be argued.
    if we were discussing the mechanical, something more objective could have been found, but from a general point of view, it's only a personal issue.
    This.
    </thread>

EDIT: BTW, BH, it´s "Martin"
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Don't know

Based on having driven the 599 and speaking to people that have driven the DBS, the DB9 is a better GT car, the 599 is a better car.

The 599's precise steering and sensitive throttle make it, to me, feel like more of a sports car than GT; a lot of fun on Saturday afternoon, but not something in which you would want to actually touring the Continent. I've been told the steering and throttle on the DBS are less sensitive and are such that you really get the feeling you could drive it all day.

The 599 is a better car; better built, faster, better handling, more reliable. The 599 also has a fantastic ass, but the DBS is stunning from all angles. The DBS might even win the charisma award.

While it's not particularly impressive in the looks department, I'd still take the 612 Scaglietti as a GT car or a 430 Scuderia over all.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    While it's not particularly impressive in the looks department, I'd still take the 612 Scaglietti as a GT car or a 430 Scuderia over all.
    Interestingly, the 599 is the only current Ferrari i'd consider buying, but still wouldn't be my £200k choice, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Interestingly, the 599 is the only current Ferrari i'd consider buying, but still wouldn't be my £200k choice, probably.
    What would be then?

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    Concerning Ferraris I have to agree with the first part of the statement.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Indeed.
    When is truly the last time Ferrari made an excellent car? One that isn't excellent because of the Prancing Horse badge on the front.
    tbh, the 599 has been recognized a good car regardless of the badge.

it seems to me that a lot of people like Ferraris just for the badges, while enthusiasts dislike them for the same reason.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    tbh, the 599 has been recognized a good car regardless of the badge.

it seems to me that a lot of people like Ferraris just for the badges, while enthusiasts dislike them for the same reason.
    Very common. Cars, wines, guitar, watches - connoisseur despise the ubiquitous even if it is the best of what they're interested in. For example a guitar collector who refuses to play a Fender Stratocaster.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

The probem I think doesn't lie in the badge itself, but rather in what has Ferrai come to mean these days.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't think this is true honestly, but the 599 is better. frankly, the DBS is just a riced DB9, it doesn't make it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The probem I think doesn't lie in the badge itself, but rather in what has Ferrai come to mean these days.
    What many people aknowledge is that Ferrari is the center of the of the automotive world. The old cars command the highest prices and the new cars have the longest waiting lists and the best resale value. By the way, this isn't by accident either; Ferrari the man as well as the people whom he hired and the people who work at Ferrari today have had, since the 1930s, the deepest commitment to building a quality product. Quality in both race and road cars, and quality in terms of performance, styling, reliability and even safety. The result is that a lot of people attempt to use the image of the brand to identify themselves as wealthy, passionate and part of a 'winning team.' However, I still believe many people love the cars and the company solely because they just love great cars.

Thread Information