Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
I agree for most of that. Acura and Lexus stick out to me. Are they American or Japanese? Is a Ford Euro Focus American?
I would agree with you that Jaguar is British and Saab is Swedish, but many on this site would not.
Lexus and Acura are Americans in my mind. besides being owned and developed by Japaneses, the aim is to sell the car to the American market, mainly. that said, the Japanese soul is more evident in Lexus, I never met an Acura in the flesh, but I find it similar to Infiniti, and it seems to me quite American, more than Lexus at least, still less than Cadillac, that's American.
I think the market identifies a car quite strongly.
even considering Ford of the States, how many Japanese designers work in it? that could bias the nationality of the brand.
I go like this: the nationality of a brand is where it started, and as long as Jaguar is keeping on that british style of thinking, it's British to me.
Ford EU is...it's just european, even if, mainly based in German, but the distance from the mother land is evident, and I couldn't baptize Ford as German or others.
what about Seat? it's Spanish, but it doesn't really exists anymore as a company, rather as the name of a group of offices and plants. still they try to infuse a sort of spanish sauce in their cars, so they are still Spanish cars.
the list is long.