Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Citroën DS3 Concept 2009

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I hate to disappoint you but a Citroen can be a ridiculously normal car for ridiculously normal people.....
    you should have a more intriguing view of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I agree with the sentiment of what Ferrer says, but the fact remains that Big premium Citroens aren't renowned for being high sellers, and in the current market Citroen has almost placed themselves as somewhat of a bargain car dealer - getting you the most equipment and cheapest car for your money.
    that isn't entirely correct.
    When my father bought the Lancia Phedra, even using exactly the same components, engines, interiors and so on, the Lancia was 5.000 € cheaper than a Citroen C8, and plus the Lancia had Alcantara interiors, sat nav, power seats and something else.
    funny thing the Phedra was assembled and designed by PSA, so I would've thought the opposite for as regards the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You see I diasgree partly with that. Yes they may have done the 2CV or ZX, Xsara and many others, but on the other hand they have done TA the DS and the CX and even some of their cheaper cars did have outstanding features and/or design.

So it definitely would be difficult, but not impossible.
    I would include the XM in that list. It was a really impressive car but:

they did have outstanding features, but were never considered premium. But yes, there were favourite cars for independent thinkers and more creative people, by its very definition a minority.....
    it stands for what Pieter said, individuality, personality, being creative and indipendent, and it's something the market is slowly getting rid of since quite some time.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it stands for what Pieter said, individuality, personality, being creative and indipendent, and it's something the market is slowly getting rid of since quite some time.
    Still in my view, all this atributes are part (in a way) of a premium brand.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Still in my view, all this atributes are part (in a way) of a premium brand.
    premium for me is the snob appeal of being able to pay a higher price for a car. Citroens were never terribly expensive, just different, and appealing to those who appreciated those differences.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

premium for me is the snob appeal of being able to pay a higher price for a car. Citroens were never terribly expensive, just different, and appealing to those who appreciated those differences.
    But the cars that now command higher prices cemented their image, and therefore the ability to charge a higher price, on attributes that made them different from other cars in the market. Which is exactly what Citroën used to have/has.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

But the cars that now command higher prices cemented their image, and therefore the ability to charge a higher price, on attributes that made them different from other cars in the market. Which is exactly what Citroën used to have/has.
    just to show that people live by the folly of the day and wake up too late....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

just to show that people live by the folly of the day and wake up too late....
    pic befitting your Pompeian style quotage ?

( .. must .. reach .. the .. DS .. )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    pic befitting your Pompeian style quotage ?

( .. must .. reach .. the .. DS .. )
    yes, one can be really in need.....
    btw, did you see the prices for the DS Cabrios at Retromobile?

yes, one can be really in need.....
    btw, did you see the prices for the DS Cabrios at Retromobile?
    Yes thanks and I guess its a good example of supply vs demand

But have to say I am gobsmacked by what both that red ID19 and the Safari realised - hereabouts I'm pretty sure they would struggle to achieve even half those values .. if that! People here just aren't prepared to pay that kind of money for these types of cars. Respectively their prices equate to a topline C5, and (too) close to a C6, and I know which I'd prefer...

Btw I'm a big fan of vintage bonnet mascots, and absolutely love some of those listed items

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Yes thanks and I guess its a good example of supply vs demand

But have to say I am gobsmacked by what both that red ID19 and the Safari realised - hereabouts I'm pretty sure they would struggle to achieve even half those values .. if that! People here just aren't prepared to pay that kind of money for these types of cars. Respectively their prices equate to a topline C5, and (too) close to a C6, and I know which I'd prefer...

Btw I'm a big fan of vintage bonnet mascots, and absolutely love some of those listed items
    I'll keep that in mind for future photo shoots...

Thread Information