Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever been in a car accident?

Ever been in a car accident?

Have you ever been in a car accident?

I was in a very big one last summer

It was on the autobahn near kassel, and one of the tracks were closed and we were only allowed to go 70 km/h or something. Then suddenly a car came out of a lay-by where he was supposed to stop and wait till he could get out, but he didnt. He drove in in front a autocamper that made an emergensy brake and made the truck behind it stop too, so we had to brake too (We were driving our Toyota Avensis Stationcar with a caravan) and we did stop about 2 metres behind the truck in front of us, but the truck in the back didnt stop, so he hit our caravan and pushed the chasis into the trunk of the car and the backseats were pushed into a V-form (i hope you can imagine) and i was sitting on one of the backseats! The car was pushed up against the truck in front of us, so the bonnet was ripped of the car.
    When the accident happend i was reading CAR magasine (august issue ) and i had to leave it in the car, because we had to get out fast, because of the danger of a gas bottle exploding (We had one in the caravan and it was made of some kind of plastic mixture)
    My father went to see if the truck-driver was ok (my father is the second commander of the rescue and fireman company, Falck, which is one of the biggest in the world) and luckily he was!

Luckily everybody was ok, and that was the most important thing!

Have you experienced anything like that?? please post it here...
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

few years ago....lorry went in to the back of my mums car.....nothing serious!
    slight whiplash...but lots of compensation!

I have been in accidents, but not as bad as yours. Ill tell about two of them.

1) My dad and I had went to the beach in our citroen saxo(4 years ago). On the way back , we came across a group of bikers coming towards us.It all went fine, till of the guys fell, and another one avoided him, but he crashed into our car.He fell over the bonnet, and through the window. I sat in the front seat, so i saw lots of glass coming towards me, anyway. My dad braked really hard , so hard even that I had a broken rib caused by the seatbelt . The biker was unscaved, but his bike was really messed up.He had a helmet on , otherwise he would have been in a far more serious condition.

2) I was gping to school on my bike(6 kilometers). I drove on a straight road, with some houses. Suddenly a motha****er in his BMW, came out of his garage onto the road. Right where i was biking!!!!I dont now whether he braked, but he hit me very fast!!!I fell over the bonnet, through the window, and partially on the roof. This guy came out of the ar unscaved, and looked at his car , and became really mad at me damaging his car, before even asking "are you ok??".He pulled me off the car( i was a bit groggy), and drove away!!!!!!! Luckely i had remembered his license plate . I called my dad , and he took me to the hospital. They found out there i had a broken arm, finger, leg, and a nasty headwound. We went to the police, and they tracked the guy. He had to pay up, for my bike(ruined) and as compensation.He was also taken his license for 3 months i think.

Been in two:

Was driving through a shopping center parking lot and was T-boned in the side by an older lady in a Chrysler Sebring. It was her third wreck in 2 WEEKS!!(she should be taken off the road in my oppinion). The silver lining to this particular cloud though was that I got home sooner then I would have and got my car in the garage before the largest hail storm in over thirty years.

In the other particular incident I was driving to town for a cross-country event and the roads were wet. I drove into a turn too steeply and fishtailed into a ditch. What pisses me off about that one(other than the fact this was my fault meaning I had to pay) is that I'd taken that turn much faster before under the same road conditions and my car never hinted at slipping. Oh well, luck of the draw I guess.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Been in several, some minor some NOT SO MINOR!!

I'll post it once I can find pictures of my car after the accident because if not you all are going say I'm lying
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

I have many pics of my accident too, but unfortunately they are not taken with a digital camera
    "Power, Beauty, Soul" - Aston Martin

I dunno if you could an accident but me and my friend were driving around my yard and he drove off a stone wall into my drive way. here's a little diagram.

yard we went this way--->
    ___________________ \
    | \
    | \
    |______________driveway
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

arg, that didn't come out the way i wanted it to.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

only been in one, actually. i was young, and sitting in the backseat of our old honda. when my mom was taking a riskily tight yielding left turn at a stop light, the car coming in the opposite direction never slowed up, and drilled our car in the door right next to me. i was fine.

hopefully no more! (knock on wood)

my dad was in one yesterday, some old grandma was "thinking of her trip to colorado" and "didn't see my dads truck stopped in front of her. His bumper was destroyed, but thankfully the grandma's car was way worse. Not to major but still significant. I think old people should have to take the license test again at a certain age
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    2) I was gping to school on my bike(6 kilometers). I drove on a straight road, with some houses. Suddenly a motha****er in his BMW, came out of his garage onto the road. Right where i was biking!!!!I dont now whether he braked, but he hit me very fast!!!I fell over the bonnet, through the window, and partially on the roof. This guy came out of the ar unscaved, and looked at his car , and became really mad at me damaging his car, before even asking "are you ok??".He pulled me off the car( i was a bit groggy), and drove away!!!!!!! Luckely i had remembered his license plate . I called my dad , and he took me to the hospital. They found out there i had a broken arm, finger, leg, and a nasty headwound. We went to the police, and they tracked the guy. He had to pay up, for my bike(ruined) and as compensation.He was also taken his license for 3 months i think.
    Typical BMW driver. Luckily, I've never been in an accident in my life.

Me and a few friends rammed an SUV in the side and crumbled it with a van.

On the highway offramp going about 40km/h.

Driver got whiplash and ****ed up his spine, I was sitting shotgun and got shaken up a bit.
    Two words: Dodge Viper

ah well, here goes my reputation

15 - first rally. Mis-directed driver ( my brother ) and we ended up going sideways across a triangle and endin up in the ditch. Lucky escape !!

16 - not really IN it. Moving new cars in garage I was working in. Parked one under the trailer of parts truck delivering. Went to move another car to see the truck engine start up and start to pull away. The trailer went right over the front of the car ! A mess. One week later it was back out on the forecourt as 'new' car.

18 - Dad's car. Competition bits added to Avenger. Out "practising" on a road I knew 100 times over. Powering out of corner when I hit the whole where a drain cover USED to be. Car was catapulted up into the air, cleared the armco barrier and buried into a lampost on the OTHER side of the road. Hospitalised with chest injuries and torn muscles in arms and groin. [ Funny story. Doctor in A&E was about 25 and georgous and is pushing all round my groin asking if it hurts. My excuse was "I was 17". "Well that's not damaged then" she said ] Near write-off.

18 - Uncles car. Recce'ing a country lane for rally. Mud on road from tractors on downhill section. Sideways and sliding stopped by concrete bollard.

19 - Dad's car. Following RAC rally. Over brow of hill, could see road 100m ahead, unfortunately, it went left then right to meet up with it. Ended up in mid air and then in the burn. 4 other cars there for company !! Towed out by service crew another lucky escape.

Calmed down and kept it for tracks and rallies.
    Nothing major happened for 20 years.
    Lots of "gravel traps" but nothing serious

39 - MAJOR off at Brands Hatch. 100+mph into gravel and tyres. Everyone OK and drove back to Scotland - pics on UCP somewhere

40 - low-sided bike on Isle of Man. Buggared wrist. Major scrapes on bike - now covered with stickers ( makes bike go faster too )

42 - HIGH-sided bike on Isle of Man. Lucky to get off with bad bruising. Bike not so lucky. Fortunately the guys in the TT pits helped get it back on the road within 2 days.

43 - Hit by white van "didn't see me" and knocked off bike. No major damage, but got 400 quid cash to not claim on insurance. Bouht me lots of faster bits for bike ( don't need the stickers now )

44 - A610 hit by white camper van. Knock for knock. "your car is so low I didn't see it" made me hope the insurance would pay it all. Nothing but my pride ( and 2 grands worth of plastic ) damaged

Bet everyone's now ratcheting down opinion of my driving now
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

wow Matra, you sound reckless....Awesome

hey at least your having fun, i did a nice powerslide at school today(they are remodeling the driveway to our school and the pavement was gone and mud was everywhere, plus i was in a hurry
    you should've seen the construction workers faces when i slid right in front of them
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    wow Matra, you sound reckless....Awesome
    Well you'll notice the youthful enthusiasm and little skill
    Roads back then were a LOT quieter, I'd not advocate doing today what I did then. Though there are still SOME roads where I'll go. Helped arrange a 6-day tour of Scotland for European Alpine A110/310 and 610s that took in all the good ones .

Now it's organised rallies and trackdays.
    Keeping it where I can take it more to the limit, be safe - me and others - and not so expensive when it goes wrong ( Brands excepted )
    you should've seen the construction workers faces when i slid right in front of them
    Now picture there faces if you'd trashed the car into a dumpster or ditch.
    Maybe tomorrow you'll be more careful
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information