Thread: Amphicar

Amphicar

Amphicar:

The Amphicar was built in Germany from 1961 to 1968. Total production was 3,878 vehicles. The Amphicar is the only civilian amphibious passenger automobile ever to be mass produced. 3,046 Amphicars were imported into the United States between 1961 and 1967. The Amphicar is rear engined and uses a 4 cylinder British-built Triumph Herald motor producing 43hp. All Amphicars are convertibles, and the civilian models were originally offered in only 4 colors, Beach White, Regatta Red, Lagoon Blue and Fjord Green (Aqua).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lfb666; 05-13-2004 at 08:22 PM.
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Amphicar #1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Heh I actually saw one of those once at a car show. I seem to recall reading that they did 0-60 in something like 28 seconds.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

It to be quite frank was a terrible car...it had hoorendous stearing was very underpowerd and was even worse on the water...its top speedwas 7.5 knotson the water and for a car that was supposed to go on water had 2 very bad problems...sleaing problems and it had a tendancy to rust....there where a few peoplewho tryed to fix its underpowerd problem by installinga triumph Vitesse 6 cylender engine also lead to the car sinking! I still think its funny and was a good diea on paper but rearely do some good ideas translate into sucsess....

Thats still prettysweet though. Id like to see a 911 turbo version....

Thread Information