Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another one dead?

Probably because an Enzo engine produces way more heat than a 1.8T for example, and the excessive speed usually associated with an Enzo chopping in half probably doesn't help keep the super-hot parts away from one another during a crash...BOOM!
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    Thanks for posting the link to that video, Barneyboy. That's some pretty intense stuff. The photo from the paper did not do the incident the same justice.

Too bad it wasn't a cayenne .

So, why is it that supercars love to burn so much? There are plenty of car crashes year round, but I can't remember the last time I heard of one of those catching fire and burning completely to the ground. At least not in my area. Then the one time an Enzo is passing through on vacation, boom. Many high end exotics seem to have gone out in this fashion.
    or maybe because no one care about a Saturn Vue burning even in the middle o Time Square.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    or maybe because no one care about a Saturn Vue burning even in the middle o Time Square.
    Trust me, even the little things don't go unnoticed where I live. Just ask Henk4 . If candy is stolen from a baby, everyone knows about it. If a saturn vue is burning in the middle of the one roundabout that we have in our town, its headline news. We're not all metropolis people .

Were I live there are quite a few vehicles that catch fire. You may not see many in your area as it's small, but lots of average vehicles burn up.

Look at the problems Ford had awhile ago with cruise control switches and how many of their vehicles caught fire. They weren't even in accidents, but rather sitting in a garage etc. And caught fire.

Supercars are going to catch fire in accidents most of the time because of the speed at the time of the crash. Plus add in the hot engine, exhaust, and a fuel tank that will most likely rupture do to the crash. So it's no doubt these cars catch fire and pretty much decintigrate.

But the thing is, look at those crashes and how mangled the cars are. Then read as it says for everyone of those crashes that the driver walked away with no serious injuries. If those crashes were with normal vehicles, guaranteed the drivers/ passengers would not be walking away.

Supercars are not designed to be in crashes, then take them to the garage to get fixed up. They are designed to protect the people in them no matter what happens to the car.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Trust me, even the little things don't go unnoticed where I live. Just ask Henk4 . If candy is stolen from a baby, everyone knows about it. If a saturn vue is burning in the middle of the one roundabout that we have in our town, its headline news. We're not all metropolis people .
    Even at my place (not Modena obviously), but on the other hand there is just one Ferrari, a 360, and it's driven about one time every two months.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    according to Wrecked Exotics, there have been 14 totaled. Ferrari Enzo Pictures, Enzo Crashes, Enzo Wrecks, Photos
    I was about to recomend wreckedexotics.com, as sick as I think the site is.

For real though, people need to stop wrecking their hypercars!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    where they sure that the fuel tank could not go off anymore?
    There is really only one way to tell if the fuel tank is not going to go off. Either the fire is totally suppressed, or the car explodes.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I think this thread is depressing.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    exactly. there was a burning '03 Corolla that was burning on one of the high ways. apparently and unfortunatly, there was a woman who was murdered in the process. sad things happen more often these days. its pathetic how some people have no morals anymore.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

How did we all forget about this thread so fast?
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    hmmm, I must've overlooked it in my search. However, I did find other threads of crashed enzos.

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING View Post
    well. i wish that number would stop going down now.
    Nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    well. i wish that number would stop going down now.
    Maybe so, but not an actual Enzo owner. Each time someone screws up, their own cars are driven up in value .

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Maybe so, but not an actual Enzo owner. Each time someone screws up, their own cars are driven up in value .
    the Enzo isn't street legal is it? isn't it supposed to be for the track? people are stupid enough to go speeding and possibly kill themselves and or other people. i've seen an accident take place and it ain't pretty.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    the Enzo isn't street legal is it? isn't it supposed to be for the track? people are stupid enough to go speeding and possibly kill themselves and or other people. i've seen an accident take place and it ain't pretty.
    It is street legal. It's the FXX that isn't.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information