Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Mosley To Step Aside As FIA President

My thoughts exactly.
    By the time re-election comes around there will be many countries who will support him as they've benefitted from his efforts.
    The FIA is not just about Formula One, there are many many MANY more classes of motorposrt competition.

Jeez, I don't follow F1 and even I'm happy he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    let's drop some names of potential candidates: Jean Todt....
    Ron Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The FIA is not just about Formula One, there are many many MANY more classes of motorposrt competition.
    With the recent WRC-WTCC standard engine, maybe he should be looking for more than the F1 teams over his shoulder.

As for Mosleys successor, IMO Ron Dennis and Jean Todt should be at the bottom of the list (together with Alan Donnelly). As well as having some impartial running the sport, both those 2 figureheads stepping back from Ferrari and McLaren respectively is largely responsible for some of the peace between F1 teams of late.
    Last edited by fpv_gtho; 06-25-2009 at 06:12 AM.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    With the recent WRC-WTCC standard engine, maybe he should be looking for more than the F1 teams over his shoulder.

As for Mosleys successor, IMO Ron Dennis and Jean Todt should be at the bottom of the list (together with Alan Donnelly). As well as having some impartial running the sport, both those 2 figureheads stepping back from Ferrari and McLaren respectively is largely responsible for some of the peace between F1 teams of late.
    I was about to propose a joint presidency: JT-RD....Alan Donnelly is actually a nice bloke, I worked with him once, when he was still a Euro MP.....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

He might just be without Mosley to answer to.
    I am the Stig

University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Max, seriously, get the f**k out of here, now.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Turning into even more a battle of egos.

Well it does need saying as so many don't know the operation of the FIA, WSC and MSA.
    Sounds typical Briattore manipulation fo what HE thinks was said in a meeting with FOTA then becoming what FOTA and others said. I trust Flavio less than I did ROn Dennis ... OR Bernie or Max

in other news, FOTA is back:

Quote Originally Posted by worldcarfans
    Far from peace in our time, furious Max Mosley on Friday suggested FOTA's plans for a breakaway series may be back on.

On Wednesday in Paris, FOTA chairman Luca di Montezemolo sat with the FIA president as well as Bernie Ecclestone as they announced an agreement had been reached to move on after weeks and months of bitter feuding.

But Mosley interpreted the subsequent media coverage of the agreement as manipulated by Montezemolo and the eight rebel teams, keen to portray the deal as a successful coup that had resulted in victory as well as his head.

The 69-year-old wrote a letter to Ferrari's Montezemolo demanding a retraction and apology, but on Thursday the Italian instead issued a backhanded compliment by thanking Mosley "for his decision to leave the FIA in October".

Mosley, now openly rethinking his retirement, is reportedly also furious at FOTA vice-chairman John Howett's appeal to the World Motor Sport Council that it elect an "independent" president to succeed the incumbent.

He has now written another letter to the FIA member clubs, in which Mosley alludes to Howett's comments that "concern me greatly" and to Montezemolo who "did not keep his part of the bargain".

"We must continue to defend the independence of the FIA, even if this leads to difficulties in the sport," Mosley wrote.

He said the aftermath of the agreement had become "intolerable" and warns that, despite this week's declaration of peace, formula one now faces another "difficult period".

"This may well result in short-term problems in formula one," added Mosley. "It is possible FOTA will set up an independent series. The championship has had difficult times in the past, and no doubt will again in the future."

He accuses FOTA as being a body with "no sporting ethics" and "under the control" of the car manufacturing industry "we have constantly to monitor".

Even more provocatively, Mosley revealed that one manufacturer team lobbied him to ignore the processes of the Court of Appeal and simply declare 'double diffusers' illegal earlier this year.

He also said that when the FIA championed the road car safety standards system Euro NCAP, "one of the major manufacturers threatened to quit formula one" in protest.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Maybe when the FIA senate gets tired of Max and Bernie enough and kicks them out of the sport, maybe the FISA needs to be brought back from the dead as a semi-autonomous body of the FIA that only runs auto racing, and the FIA concentrates on the road car stuff. Because, how I see it, nothing the FIA does benefits me or most of the world at large-they have nothing to do with American racing, and they have little to do with road car legislation.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernaudi View Post
    Maybe when the FIA senate gets tired of Max and Bernie enough and kicks them out of the sport, maybe the FISA needs to be brought back from the dead as a semi-autonomous body of the FIA that only runs auto racing, and the FIA concentrates on the road car stuff.
    Were you aroudn when the horrible FISA v FOCA wars were underway ?
    They were genocide compared to Max and Bernie's current antics
    Because, how I see it, nothing the FIA does benefits me or most of the world at large-they have nothing to do with American racing, and they have little to do with road car legislation.

"Consistent with the International Sporting Code of the FIA, the basic IMSA CODE, is the national code under which series sanctioned by IMSA are organized."
    So they DO have to do with American racing as tey follow the spirit of the codes and standards developed there.

Well, only one guy was responsible for the FIA/FISA-FOCA war-Jean-Marie Balestre. FOCA isn't really around anymore(it's now FOM/FOA), the FISA was desolved when Balestre left/Mosley was promoted to FIA president, and remember, Max had access to the FIA presidency because of the FISA.

And, of course, maybe former IMSA COO Tim Mayer being the head of the ACCUS(the main North American FIA support body) has something to do with that-I never hear any mention of the FIA being directly involved with Indy Car racing, Drag Racing, and for sure NASCAR racing, except maybe in the broadest of terms.

Maybe one should consider what the world would be like without the FIA-I doubt that much would change.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    let's drop some names of potential candidates: Jean Todt....
    This is what I said on June 24th.
    Today Mosley announced he will support JT....
    Max, if you would care to make a donation I'll give you my bank account number.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information