Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
It's colder here actually, I just compared average temps for Edmonton and QC, and I live through winter rather well. Just find something that you like to pass the time, I play ice hockey. I will try snowboard too in the near future. Handbrake shenanigans on snowy and/or icy parking lots do help too.

The only problem I've got with winter is that it is too long, at the end of February the lack of sunlight does hit my happiness a bit, but nothing a solar lamp can't cure. Otherwise I ain't too depressed.

I remember once I had to walk at -46C to school and back, that's about an 1 km walk, and the wind was so strong it made my eyes dry and cry, and my tears froze halfway on my cheeks. I hadn't listened to the radio that morning which issued warnings no to go outside and that all schools were closed.

Also, total snowfall in QC in 2008 was 558 cm, or 18 feet. A record high, no need to mention. Still very impressive. Phuck shoveling.
Whoa. -46C? I was in Quebec for about 3 days- school trip. People don't bother shoveling at all.

That was the most amazing school trip, btw. Too bad this year, my high school went to France instead. Graduating ftl.