Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Neglegted forum ???

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    try living in Edmonton were it can get close to -50 in the winter. thats why i don't like it here. i hate winter.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I dont know, Cold is nice, Compared to 47 Degree Celcius heat in the summer where I live. (recorded with a bought thermomiter in the shade.)

(click to enlarge)

study3 002.jpg

study3 006.jpg
    Last edited by whiteballz; 07-01-2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    try living in Edmonton were it can get close to -50 in the winter. thats why i don't like it here. i hate winter.
    I nearly ended up in Edmonton !
    But being told there are only 2 days in the year you can comfrotably go outside ended those plans. Freezing in winter and mosquitoes in summer, only safe time outdoors was in between

Craziest mall on the planet tho' -- more submarines than the Canadian navy !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    But being told there are only 2 days in the year you can comfrotably go outside ended those plans. Freezing in winter and mosquitoes in summer, only safe time outdoors was in between

Craziest mall on the planet tho' -- more submarines than the Canadian navy !!!!!
    Submarines...?

Explain.

The West Edmonton Mall is formerly the world's largest and has like 3 submarines inside of it.

I suppose our navy has only 2 or so and they are old busted British non-nukes.

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The West Edmonton Mall is formerly the world's largest and has like 3 submarines inside of it.

Pathetic.
    Buy American; it was in the stimulus bill.
    Ohio and LA classes ftmfw.
    It's a shame the next gen. subs will have bow-mounted hydroplanes, I prefer the old way. So.... yeah, buy them while you can, or something.
    Maybe you could invade Quebec with them.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

Pathetic.
    Matra et Alpine, if you ever went in the Wal-Mart that i go in, there are sooooooooooo many fat people in there. and im one of 'em. or curvacious.
    and yes Kitdy, our mall pawns every mall ever built. but i would love to go to Toronto to go to the underground mall that they have there. or the really cool stores! where do you exactly live Matra et Alpine and Kitdy? has anybody on here been to WEM.?
    PINGAS!!!!

Pathetic.
    Ah, I see. I dunno, there's something odd about malls. I don't seem to like them all too much. The submarines are cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Buy American; it was in the stimulus bill.
    Ohio and LA classes ftmfw.
    It's a shame the next gen. subs will have bow-mounted hydroplanes, I prefer the old way. So.... yeah, buy them while you can, or something.
    Maybe you could invade Quebec with them.
    Haha, nice.

Back on topic, sort of.
    The url when you hit "New Posts" says:
    "http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=_______" and just now, that number at the end passed 2,000,000. I don't exactly know what that means, but it is a big number regardless.

NSX-R: Supposedly malls are dying because of the economic situation (I hate how everything today is explained by that). I saw some article that looked to be getting overly hysterical about the affect malls had on suburbia, and what would happen without them. Unfortunately, I got bored and all I had actually read was a brief history of the mall's genesis in the '50s. Long story short: You shall be weirded out no more! (maybe)
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

NSX-R: Supposedly malls are dying because of the economic situation (I hate how everything today is explained by that). I saw some article that looked to be getting overly hysterical about the affect malls had on suburbia, and what would happen without them. Unfortunately, I got bored and all I had actually read was a brief history of the mall's genesis in the '50s. Long story short: You shall be weirded out no more! (maybe)
    If you took a 10 minute drive around where I live you would be greeted by 5+ megamalls in a 5 sq mile area. Paramus, NJ is the king of the mall.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Back on topic, sort of.
    The url when you hit "New Posts" says:
    "http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=_______" and just now, that number at the end passed 2,000,000. I don't exactly know what that means, but it is a big number regardless.

Yes, that's exactly where I'm going. It's a lot of earth and land for a place to shop- not to mention, a lot of malls don't even utilize the roof. Come on, stick a garden up there or something. A lot of places flood because all that rain water has to go somewhere. Urban planning- you do realize we are eventually going to run out of space, right?

It's a waste of room, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    If you took a 10 minute drive around where I live you would be greeted by 5+ megamalls in a 5 sq mile area. Paramus, NJ is the king of the mall.
    Well, yeah. NJ in general somehow has a lot of malls- maybe the lower sales tax. Elizabeth and Linden are both very close to where I am, and they both have a crapload of malls.

And I love how far off topic we are now.

Thanks a lot, Matra!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I dont know, Cold is nice, Compared to 47 Degree Celcius heat in the summer where I live. (recorded with a bought thermomiter in the shade.)

(click to enlarge)

study3 002.jpg

study3 006.jpg
    o rly. you wanna come over to Edmonton NOW? when it gets like this, im depressed and i stay in the house as much as possible. just the feeling of Edmonton winter is terrible. i abhor it.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    o rly. you wanna come over to Edmonton NOW? when it gets like this, im depressed and i stay in the house as much as possible. just the feeling of Edmonton winter is terrible. i abhor it.
    It's colder here actually, I just compared average temps for Edmonton and QC, and I live through winter rather well. Just find something that you like to pass the time, I play ice hockey. I will try snowboard too in the near future. Handbrake shenanigans on snowy and/or icy parking lots do help too.

The only problem I've got with winter is that it is too long, at the end of February the lack of sunlight does hit my happiness a bit, but nothing a solar lamp can't cure. Otherwise I ain't too depressed.

I remember once I had to walk at -46C to school and back, that's about an 1 km walk, and the wind was so strong it made my eyes dry and cry, and my tears froze halfway on my cheeks. I hadn't listened to the radio that morning which issued warnings no to go outside and that all schools were closed.

Also, total snowfall in QC in 2008 was 558 cm, or 18 feet. A record high, no need to mention. Still very impressive. Phuck shoveling.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    It's colder here actually, I just compared average temps for Edmonton and QC, and I live through winter rather well. Just find something that you like to pass the time, I play ice hockey. I will try snowboard too in the near future. Handbrake shenanigans on snowy and/or icy parking lots do help too.

The only problem I've got with winter is that it is too long, at the end of February the lack of sunlight does hit my happiness a bit, but nothing a solar lamp can't cure. Otherwise I ain't too depressed.

I remember once I had to walk at -46C to school and back, that's about an 1 km walk, and the wind was so strong it made my eyes dry and cry, and my tears froze halfway on my cheeks. I hadn't listened to the radio that morning which issued warnings no to go outside and that all schools were closed.

Also, total snowfall in QC in 2008 was 558 cm, or 18 feet. A record high, no need to mention. Still very impressive. Phuck shoveling.
    I always figured there's a lot more to do in the winters than in the summers, but I wear a T-shirt and shorts until it gets well below freezing. Plus I sunburn pretty easily so I like to be wrapped up if it's sunny. I think people here (seattle area) ran out of things to do during the snows this year; I went to the mall to see a movie today and literally half the women there were about 6 months pregnant.

One of the things I love about moscow is the number of people that put an ATV or snowmobile in the back of their trucks for traction on ice, then just take off on them to have fun whenever they feel like it. I was driving to school once doing about 60mph and got passed by a guy in the field next to the road on his snowmobile.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post

-46?!?!?!?!?!?! oh crap thats flippin cold!!! anything with tempratures with a minus is something i abhor. and the heck with shoveling!! i had to wait for the bus in frigid tempratures. ugh, i hated that. and i see no point in shoveling when there is a light to heavy snow fall as its just going to eventually pile up anyways. i find i can do more in warm weather, like bike riding or something.
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information