Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Golf and Acura 3.2 TL Fiset Test + Bonus Plymouth Voyager Fiz Test

City Golf and Acura 3.2 TL Fiset Test + Bonus Plymouth Voyager Fiz Test

Well seeing as how this is the in thing to do, I shall do it and it may well be funny. Props to Fiz/Top Gear for this ingenious review format. Up first, my main whip, me Mommy's 2007 City Golf. (Yes, neither of the cars are really mine).

Is it practical?

Hells ya. It can easily fit my 6'4" buddy in the front seat with the front seat all the way back. It's also a hatchback so you can easily put shit in the back. The rear seats fold down but not to the extent of a Fit so that sucks a bit. It is hella practical in summary.

Is it economical?

Hells sorta. 9.5L/100km, or 24.5 mpg isn't great, but considering how I drive it (even though it is often highway driven) this isn't that bad. I suspect if solely my Mom drove it for a gas tank there would be better numbers here.

Is it fun to drive?

Hells no. It is a boring ass car and there is nothing redeeming about the way this car drives. The only fun thing about this car is that it is in fact a car and can drive me to places where I will have fun. Other than that, stay clear.

Will it break down all the time?

Hells I dunno. It has not given us any troubles yet.

Is it easy to park?

Hells yes. It has solid visibility and is not that large. Parallel parking is easy in this whip.

What if I go to a Shopping Centre and get chased by baddies in a Corvette?

Oh hells no. That's some very bad shit happening right there. I suspect the baddies would rapidly catch me as this car is not fast and then they'd have their way with me. Look elsewhere if you want a car to escape form baddies in a Corvette in a shopping centre.

Is it green?

I dunno.

Can I afford it?

It cost $14,900 base Canadian dollars so that would make it one of the cheaper cars on sale in this country - barring Kia and Hyundai.

What If I'm asked to take part in a beach assault with the Royal Marines?

This would be bad. I suspect that you'd be shot as sadly the glass is not bulletproof. I also suspect that the water would have an adverse affect on the car - best to steer clear of this situation.

So now, me Daddy's 2001 TL.

Is it practical?

Sure. It fits 5 people pretty good, the trunk is a bit small for what it is but that's ok. It is comfortable enough and has luxury dealies to make shit easier so that's nice.

Is it economical?

Not really. It takes premium gas and yet only has 225 hp which is pretty weak. I dunno how good it is on gas really.

Is it fun to drive?

Meh. It is fast compared to the Golf and old van and has tiptronic, which while lame is as close as our cars get to manual.

Yes. There was a transmission recall as randomly on the highway, the car would downshift and cause epic disasters. There may have been a class action about this - I forget. Other than this epic flaw, the rest has been relatively simple.

Is it easy to park?

It is just fine to park - it's not as easy as the Golf but I can park fine so it presents no challenge.

This shit has VTEC so those bastards would eat my dust.

Is it green?

Not really. It's a luxury car - what do you expect? It's champagne coloured if you wanted to know.

Can I afford it?

It is cheap for it's segment which is part of why my parent's bought it - probably a large part as my Dad is really damn cheap. No less, it new was 40 grand Canadian and that's probably more than the average UCP user could afford seeing as how many of us are young.

VTEC would kick in and then you'd be racing up the beach and smoking everyone easily. Awesome.

And now, the bonus test, the old 1993 Plymouth Voyager.

Is it practical?

Oh yes. It was a min van! It could fit 7 people in it! If you took out both sets of rear seats you could fit several endangered tigers in back.

Is it economical?

Oh yeah baby.

Is it fun to drive?

Oh yeah baby. Doing doughnuts in the snow with this van was epic. Nearly flipping it on a hill on a farm was epic. Going all out on on ramps, feeling the epic body roll, the massive thrill of speed, was epic. 5 stars.

No. Only the air conditioning was busted but that just gave it more character. 5 star reliability.

Is it easy to park?

Yes, the visibility was so excellent.

You would smoke them. You could just ram them with the van and they'd probably die or something.

Is it green?

If green is Rosso Corsa red, then yes, it's green.

Can I afford it?

Oh yeah. A 1993 Voyager would probably be like 500 bucks.

You could fit 7 Marines in the van and be a mobile death dealing machine. Massive victory.

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed these reviews, now I recommend all of you go buy 1993 Rosso Corsa Plymouth Voyagers and experience the joy that I have experienced.

What sort of engine does the Golf have? 4 speed auto?

9,5l/100km sound high for such a car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

The Golf has the 2L I4 and a 4 speed auto, yes. It is quite high but as I said I drive it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

Technically this car is from the last century.

Kitdy, this thread is in dire need of some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Kitdy, this thread is in dire need of some pics.
    Yes... I may or may not get on that.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Hondas are rarely green, they're usually silver or white.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Cool. My dad has a 1995 TL, first gen. No real issues.

mini van was the best review yet of this current crop. cheers cameron.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thanks for the reviwes, this format seems to be working quite well
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Ah. So I was driving along today for work, and I was thinking to myself - man this is rather enjoyable There was sick music (Selling England by the Pound by Genesis), it was sunny, the AC was frigid - it was good. Don't get me wrong - the car is a piece of shit though. However, it was recently in the shop for a week or two after an accent. Absence made my heart grow fonder. Damn did I ever miss it (her?).

Also, I like this car I will have to say. No, not to drive. I like it because it's familiar. Kinda like a girl you've been dating for a while that isn't very fun or interesting (decent looking - a bit fat in the back end though), but you know what buttons to push when (uh... it must be said, I frequently flip the radio - yes the radio, I don't have an iPod dealie - and whenever I drive another car, like my bosses 4Runner, I despise the damn radio/HVAC controls. A seemingly minor nitpick, but when you are on the controls so often it matters), you know how she will react when you do something bad to her, you are comfortable with her, she doesn't cause a lot of trouble when go out with your friends, she's OK if you take other women along with you, she's never in a bad mood, shes comfortable to be in, she's rarely too hot or too cold, she gets warmed up fast...

Really, a decent situation. This is the same reason I loved the van, except the van was basically a mobile party with it full of 7 people - a party that had lots of body roll on offramps, and a shitty but loud sound system.

Even when I drive my Dad's Acura, I don't really like it. That thing is so dead - and though I am familiar with it, it isn't the City (Shitti as hellcat would say) Golf. The only thing that's good about that car (I don't care for the leather, the interior looks really dated, the sound system is not very good) is that it is moderately fast and can accelerate decently. However, I don't really cane it anymore when I drive it. It's not that sensible. The extra power is nice in certain situations, and I wouldn't pass it up, but I honestly don't know what I'd prefer to drive if I had the opportunity to own either one.

Anyways, that's my 3 cents on why you shouldn't buy either of these cars - I wasn't really going in this direction, but I figure that's a fair conclusion. Unless you already own one of them, and become familiar with their features and get attached to them, neither really makes sense.

Which car were you referring to anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Which car were you referring to anyway?
    The City Golf - I kinda mentioned that.

Shoudla been more clear.

Your cars suck.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    The City Golf - I kinda mentioned that.

Shoudla been more clear.
    Can't you just call it like, say, what everyone else calls it?

That's okay, I've been stuck with the TL and the Accord and the Forester for a while. I like the TL and the Accord, just not the Forester. It makes a good workhorse vehicle and that's about it. Seats are hard, handling is pretty bad. It has really loud tires. Not a nice place to be in for a really long time. And my father insists on taking it to Canada in a week or two. That should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Can't you just call it like, say, what everyone else calls it?

That's okay, I've been stuck with the TL and the Accord and the Forester for a while. I like the TL and the Accord, just not the Forester. It makes a good workhorse vehicle and that's about it. Seats are hard, handling is pretty bad. It has really loud tires. Not a nice place to be in for a really long time. And my father insists on taking it to Canada in a week or two. That should be fun.
    Ah, Canada. A barren wasteland where the Forrester will be put to good use.

Where are you going?

Thread Information