Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm on a diet...

I'm gonna miss chicken wings... 39cent wings on Tuesdays at Crabby Joe's ....
    Previously know as "Rotary.freak"

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    I have been half-heartedly trying to lose weight, but will make more of an effort when I go back to school (regular excersize and not as much good food around makes it easier there ).

I am hardly overweight (135lb) but I have a stocky build, so extra weight shows up a little too easily for my liking. And besides being lighter being useful for martial arts, I already have to worry about diabetes potentially in my future. Many a good reason to stay in shape
    Wait wait wait, 135 pounds and you're stocky? How tall are you, 4'8"? I'm 205 and would probably be considered slender.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

5'3.75" It is more that I have a naturally "wide" build in a sense

Not to say I look "weighty", but even at my height my shoulders are so wide I have to get suit-jackets a size above what I am and have everything tailored down but the shoulders (or else I might just tear one of the arms off when I wear it)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Wide shoulders and a narrow waist is a good shape to have. Be thankful. Now just fill up the frame with muscle.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.S View Post
    I think I'm the worlds biggest hater of diets. Sorry to sound boring, but i cant, and never will, see how a diet can last any longer then the time your on it. I'm a big fan of smart eating, eating normal for the rest of your life, whilst still enjoying good food and never starving. A routine that is long term, not short term like a diet. When you make a smart plan and stick to it, 2 things happen. 1st is you loose weight. But most importantly you wake up your metabolism. But any weight loss needs exercise, and you need to work out what best suits your body. But never starve and miss a meal. Find some light snacks fruit bars rice crackers eat in between meals, instead of snacking on bad foods. But always make sure you have them 3 solid meals per day. Breakfast, Lunch, Tea.

But well done on your weight loss, any weight loss can never be undermined, terrific effort.
    im one of those people who doesn't believe in pills, programs, books, or modified food. its a bunch of crap. the only way that sounds appealing and normal is what Type 17 is doing. good 'ol fashioned excercise and a balanced diet.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    You say this now, wait until you have a six-pack. It's intoxicating.
    Six-pack < keg. Kegs are in fact more intoxicating.

Congrats. My dad has been working on that for a couple years and he's hoping to get back to around 250 (what he weighed when he got out of the military 40 years ago.) Lost about 80 pounds so far, and getting close. Given that he's got less muscle now he's probably going to end up well under by the time he's done, but it's made a huge difference already in everything he does.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Best of luck dude. Congrats on your progress.

I am sort of on a diet too but it was just because I work out after work and I had no energy left after work so I ate huge dinners after working out, rendering it useless.

So now I eat 5 times a day.

Still I used to be super overweight, tipping the scales at about 90kg (I´m 1.72m tall)
    and i weigh around 73kg now.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Good luck! stick to it!

I've started properly eating healthy about four months ago, Not really excersizing every day - but a 5kay loop every sat and sun.

Before I started I had given myself a weight limit, If I ever hit 130kg's (286 pounds)
    I'd pull my fat head in and get serious about dropping the weight.

So far I've dropped 10 kilos (22 pounds), and feel 10x better for it every day. My goal will be to get to about 95kg's (209pounds), which for my 6'3/6'4ish frame should be technically abit under my "ideal" weight, But I'll see how it goes.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i used to weigh 176lbs, until i had to take medication for my anxiety ( yeah, im crazy ). i gained 30lbs unfortunatley as it caused bad food cravings.
    PINGAS!!!!

Yeah, I had a friend who gained pretty much an identicle weight to you after going on anxiety pills. She decided she hated the weight too much - stopped the pills and became bulemic

Whatever you do - do NOT go down that path..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

My 2 cents if anybody's on the ground looking for change:

1. Try to cut the crap out of your diet. Sodas, candy, fast food, etc. It's fine to eat it once in a while but if you wash down a few cheeseburgers with a 20 oz soda 3 times a week you'll notice a couple pounds start to build up.

2. Make sure you eat balanced: proteins, fats, carbs, calories, vitamins, sugars and all that jazz. It's not very smart to eat only chicken breasts all day, you need you're meals to be well-rounded.

3. Join a gym. Do some light work outs especially for your core. Even if it's 30 min a day 3 times a week it's a huge difference if you couple that with some cardio. Start off with light free weights and get in the flow of a routine. Like someone said, it's smart to pair muscle groups and create a schedule out of that. For example, I do back/biceps/abs on monday and thursday; chest, triceps, upper legs on tuesday and fri, and shoulders, abs, lower legs on wed and sat. I try to run every time I go to the gym, even if it's for a half mile. If you're new to running and cardio it's always smart to start out by walking for about 20 to 30 min for a few days/weeks until you feel comfortable enough to get into a jog/run. Intervals are always good, so you can run for say 10 min, then walk for 5, sprint for 2 min, jog for another 15, etc.

4. Walk instead of driving. Just going to a friends house or to get lunch could be an extra 2 miles of 'exercise' by skipping out on driving. Biking is good too if you have the effort and equipment to clock off 5+ miles.

5. Most importantly, do not get high. You'll be really hungry and there isn't much you can do about it.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    My 2 cents if anybody's on the ground looking for change:

1. Try to cut the crap out of your diet. Sodas, candy, fast food, etc. It's fine to eat it once in a while but if you wash down a few cheeseburgers with a 20 oz soda 3 times a week you'll notice a couple pounds start to build up.

2. Make sure you eat balanced: proteins, fats, carbs, calories, vitamins, sugars and all that jazz. It's not very smart to eat only chicken breasts all day, you need you're meals to be well-rounded.

3. Join a gym. Do some light work outs especially for your core. Even if it's 30 min a day 3 times a week it's a huge difference if you couple that with some cardio. Start off with light free weights and get in the flow of a routine. Like someone said, it's smart to pair muscle groups and create a schedule out of that. For example, I do back/biceps/abs on monday and thursday; chest, triceps, upper legs on tuesday and fri, and shoulders, abs, lower legs on wed and sat. I try to run every time I go to the gym, even if it's for a half mile. If you're new to running and cardio it's always smart to start out by walking for about 20 to 30 min for a few days/weeks until you feel comfortable enough to get into a jog/run. Intervals are always good, so you can run for say 10 min, then walk for 5, sprint for 2 min, jog for another 15, etc.

4. Walk instead of driving. Just going to a friends house or to get lunch could be an extra 2 miles of 'exercise' by skipping out on driving. Biking is good too if you have the effort and equipment to clock off 5+ miles.

5. Most importantly, do not get high. You'll be really hungry and there isn't much you can do about it.

Good advice, I used to bike alot - But I moved any my current area would see me run over if I tried to ride anywhere.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    Yeah, I had a friend who gained pretty much an identicle weight to you after going on anxiety pills. She decided she hated the weight too much - stopped the pills and became bulemic

Whatever you do - do NOT go down that path..
    my mom thinks i need them. i think i know i need them because when im off of them, im extremely depressed, my temper is worse than normal, and im anxious over the stupidest things.
    thats quite something for your friend to go through though. its sad to see someone close to you amount to something such as that. i know what it feels like ( pet wise that is ).
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Talking from experience I see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

i love to bike. its a great way to let off some steam too!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thread Information