Thread: Ferrari California at Christchurch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ferrari California at Christchurch

November 28, 2009

The opening of the Ferrari Service at Euromarque and the launch of the California in Christchurch, New Zealand

My first impression of the California was that it wasn't as pretty as the Aston or as the '57 250 California, but how wrong was I. On Saturday when I was at the official launch, I was shocked and impressed at the unbelievable beauty of the California. Before Saturday I wasn't a huge fan of the looks, now I love it.

The interior is a thing of great beauty as well. The cream in the Azzuro California car was one of the best interiors I had ever seen. And it smelt great too. If richness and expensive had a scent, it would smell like the interior of the California. The rear seats, as expected, were tiny. I don't see how a child seat would fit in the back. But nonetheless, the interior looks, feels and smell great.

I was unable to take it for a test drive but I was able to hear other people test drive it and I have to say the California sounds biblical. Doesn't have the crackle of the F430, the California is a lower and more restrained which suits it's character. But it was just as epic. Loud too.

The actual event was first class. Champagne, about a dozen or so perspective buyers (most arrived in Maseratis with some in Mercedes-AMGs, Porsche 911s and Cayennes and the odd 550 Maranello) and a lot of the admiring public. Euromarque (Christchurch dealership) brought in 1 Ferrari F430, 2 GranTurismos, 1 GT S Automatic and 1 Quattroporte S for the even while Continental Car Serives brought in the 2 Californias and 1 extra F430.

The pictures of the California don't do it justice. It really is a gorgeous car and I think I may love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vulgar, Ghastly and Ostentatious

Thread Information