Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Australian Grand Prix (March 26 - 28)

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Kubica was probably the driver of the race, having a magical start and then keeping his head down and retaining second.
    Kubica or Alonso I'd say - Alonso came form the back which was impressive, and Kubica did well with the Renault which isn't really up to the spec of the top 4 teams. Hamilton did well too, as of course did Button.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I was sleeping the whole of the race. I understand it was raining part of the race. Perhaps the best way to create exciting races is to fit each track with a sprinkler installation, that produces water on a regular basis, (preferable random) to increase the excitement.
    I'm not sure whether to account the excitement of the race to rain - in fact, I'd guess it didn't. The rain was very limited - a light sprinkling it appeared and they were on intermediates. It probably added a bit but I would say that woulda been a good one with rain or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I'm not sure whether to account the excitement of the race to rain - in fact, I'd guess it didn't. The rain was very limited - a light sprinkling it appeared and they were on intermediates. It probably added a bit but I would say that woulda been a good one with rain or not.
    It would certainly have added to the excitement if the Bahrain F1 the track would have been flooded about halfway the race....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

The rain did effect it simply because it tosses the field around for a bit. People are in the wrong spot and makes driving off-line more trecherous....If it was dry I think it could've been every bit as processional as Bahrain....

We'll see Malaysia, but that's known to rain too....

Hamilton is being a brat right now....if he is still blaming the team for strategy....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    The rain did effect it simply because it tosses the field around for a bit. People are in the wrong spot and makes driving off-line more trecherous....If it was dry I think it could've been every bit as processional as Bahrain....

We'll see Malaysia, but that's known to rain too....

Hamilton is being a brat right now....if he is still blaming the team for strategy....
    Hamilton should learn how to drive more smoothly....Button was faster and used only one set of tyres...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

he is blaming the team for the tire call....which really should be driver's to make...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    he is blaming the team for the tire call....which really should be driver's to make...
    I heard that, but it was more of a general remark...

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

a thorough analysis of the tyrewear used by Hamilton and Button could provide some answers...

a great race to be sure. more than made up for the procession that was bahrain. but what have we learned? i think there needs to be less control put over tires. with the interesting dynamic of whether to be gentle and preserve, or go hard and use up the tires, it made me think that maybe they need to give more flexibility when it comes to tire choice (2 or 3 stints of just softs, or1-2 of hard).

but who would have thought that button would get a win before hammy?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Hamilton's not one to throw the team under the bus but he seemed pretty ticked at the end of the race there, maybe he's jealous Button won before he did this season.

Hamilton is basically being a baby. Getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar spinning his tires, pouting, insulting Webber, qualifying badly, making mistakes, having bad luck, pouting, getting angry at the team etc...
    Usually I don't mind him, but he's not been maintaining himself well this week.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

best part of the GP?

the historics racing, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 03-28-2010 at 07:46 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    You managed to sound like a prick to the whole US. Wes was just asking a question for his job, no need to brush him off like that.
    What occurred?

HI GUY'S
    didn't see much of the f1 to busy looking after a porche 997 in the gt pits witch brings me to a faver to ask has anyone got photo's of car 99 damien flack from the gt challenge race?
    kev
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

how did the ascari go?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information