Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The best Le Mans car ever

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    thats what i thought too but that would be a good way to tell if it was a faker or not
    It is rumoured that this car has been built up from original spare parts, I don't think they would fit another engine, certainly when scrutineering is very strict as was done at Coys.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well after the collapse of appendix J in our coutnry which allowed many freedoms...the rules stated they could use technology that has been used on the cars which saw mechanical fuel injection used ont eh falcons ala Super Falcon and alloy big blocks in the camros....Holdens wernt overtly popular untill the new catigory came about which posed many restrictions on the rest of the field....Now days they are alloud any manifold used on the car in raceing....must use a carbi...no injection...restrictions on cams...head must be stock(porting aloud stopped the use of dove and edelbrock heads)...30thou overbore and only things like that....we still use them to good effect with themost powerful cars in their field (ford mostly...i know i might sound like a fanboy but the termial speed the falcons and mustangs get speak for them selves)reaching 700 hp....But all of them rules go right out the window if you car was a genuine racer...Norm Beechys championship winning mustang still races to this day and has fatter wheels then everyone else in their feild and also totes mechanical injection system....

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Shelby Daytona coupe...
    Does anyone have any pics/ info on the AC Coupe that AC built for Le Mans?
    It looked different too the Daytona coupe, and I saw one a few years ago, but didn't take any pictures.
    Now I can't find anything about it.
    IIRC it was the car that did 180 mph on the M1, resulting in the speed limit.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information