Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4th Gen.

WinMo7? Android?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

If winmob7 is as good as the windows 7 desktop, i'm in. But word has been android is much easier long term with ease of access through google to use. And that's why it will become number 1.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

Android is really easy to use.. as long as you use Google. A mate tried to sync it with his Outlook... he sold the phone last week. Android is very much tied to google services.

Exactly Pimento - You have to be willing to commit yourself entirely to the ecosystem - which is why iPhones are so beloved by their users, they're indoctrinated from the most basic element of using the handset.

Android is fantastic at being open but it's still very much working through it's kinks. the Skins are what make it great and at the moment the fragmentation of the software (1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1) make it a bit confusing - waiting for 2.2 will hopefully align much of that.

WinMo7 is a very promising development but from what I've seen of the Kin interface it might be all show with little go. WinMo has traditionally been a bit tricky to use and the clean sheet approach they are taking could yield great success or glaring failure. by 2011 you should be able to make a much more informed decision about it.

What do I like? probably Android for the next 2 years, while it hits it's stride and iPhone users migrate to something new, but WinMo has serious potential for greatness and anti-iPhone success.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Kin does not equal WinMo7, Kin isn't a smartphone platform. WinMo7 should have much more going for it. All signs point to the new UI design being a vast improvement on the old one at any rate. Not that that would be too hard.

If someone was to buy a phone in the next month it's still be hard to recommend anything other than an iphone 4, but it's definately worth checking out Android if you can. Problem with that is the custom UI skins. 2.2 is good enough natively now that the skins don't give an advantage.. but make things worse in that phones can only be updated after the manufacturers release an update with the custom stuff on it. Also some just make things slower. Different moats for different boats...

pwecisely.

iPhone 4 will be pretty decent out of the box, but these days it's hardware is behind the times.

Likewise the software on some Androids are behind the times, but the Hardware is highly advanced.

The Kin platform I hope is not a reflection on WinMo7, but I'm pretty concerned they're going to forget some pretty important stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post

iPhone 4 will be pretty decent out of the box, but these days it's hardware is behind the times.
    So you're saying it's like the Aston martin V8 Vantage. It looks Aston hot, it sounds Aston hot, it just doesn't go very fast.
    IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A SUZUKI KIZASHI SPORT FAN-BOY.

what stops me from buying this over a XR6 SV6 ?. drive-train. place a little wrx evo magic under the bonnet and i'm sold!.

The easiest way to describe it is a Ferrari design and features with Fiat materials and tyres.

But judging from reviews this is meant to be a pretty nifty device, but of course they will say things like "it makes other phones look old", which is rich considering the basic interface is older than time itself.

I'm not sure we know the hardware specs yet. Last rumour I hears it that it may have 512 meggles of RAMs. Not sure we know the proc speed either.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I'm not sure we know the hardware specs yet. Last rumour I hears it that it may have 512 meggles of RAMs. Not sure we know the proc speed either.
    512 MB of RAM? Confirmed.
    Specs revealed: iPhone 4 has 512MB of RAM | Circuit Breaker - CNET News
    Processing speed is ~1GHz (don't know the exact number). I came to this number as the iPhone 4 has the same A4 chip as the iPad. Also, word has spread throughout the interwebz that it might process a bit slower than the iPad, which performs at 1GHz. All of this for the sake of battery life.
    I'm guessing more than 600 MHz since it is said to be faster than the 3GS.
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Uh-Oh. It seems like some of the people who got theirs early have yellow-screen issues; just like the original and 3G. Apple always shipping out their lemons first...
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE&feature=channel]YouTube - iPhone 4 Drops Calls when Left Corner is Touched[/ame]

Oh dear oh Dear. Don't worry though, for $29 they'll sell you a solution!

Or not.

It all depends what you want a smart phone for. I use mine (BlackBerry 8530) mainly for business. BlackBerry for me has the best e-mail client I have seen on a smart phone. You can have all your e-mail accounts (well up to 10) in one folder or you can separate them into individual folders (which I prefer).

The other apps all more than enough for what I need. I have GPS, Facebook, MSN, Yahoo and Google talk messengers...plus BlackBerry Messenger which has come in handy with my business contacs, since over half of them hava a BlackBerry. I´m looking to download Skype on it, and see how that works.

The music app syncs with no problem to iTunes, so no problem there. The web browser that comes with it is good enough for what I need. I just can´t get used to reading web pages on a small screen. The new track pad is way better than the old track ball. And it plays YouTube videos no problem. I´m considering upgrading to the Storm for it´s bigger screen.

The new iPhone and the Palm Pre are also tempting. But the BlackBerry does all I need. In the end as in everything else, it comes down to personal preference and what you use it for. But one thing is for sure. Once you have a smart phone, you´ll never go back to a ¨normal¨ cell phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

On a side note - Hello Taz! How's life?

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    On a side note - Hello Taz! How's life?
    Hi IB4R!! Diong a lot better thanks How about you??
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information