Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
Well, plans work a bit differently over here, and are generally too expensive. Free wireless connectivity doesn't exist, so you need a plan even just for that, I think it's no less than 25€. Then you have to add text and phone calls, which generally aren't covered by plans.

There are some relatively good offers, like 40 € with say 8 gb of data, 10 hours of calls and 200 messages a month, but iirc this particularly offer required to activate it on two different phones, or something.

So basically over here the wireless connectivity of the Ipod is barely useless.
It's surely cheaper than an Iphone (8gb, 200 e for the Ipod, 540 for the Iphone, excluding plans), but it still costs more than twice another mp3 player with similar functionalities, except for the wireless thing.
The wireless is just WIFI. I have a wireless router, so if I need to look something up real quick I can do that. Although that might be different in Europe and other places, I'm pretty sure you guys get charged by the gigabyte. Pretty much we get charged by speed, but we're allowed to use as much as we want, for the time being.