Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The UCP member "automotive heaven/hell" game.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I can't remember either the DS or the SM having ever been fitted with a diesel engine....
    I'm sure that in your mind they are a little wrong because they aren't diesels.

Especially the SM which, since it has an engine made by italians who can't grasp the meaning of reliable, never works, revs far too much (is that a six in the rev counter I see?), makes far too much noise and uses fuel at an alarming rate.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm sure that in your mind they are a little wrong because they aren't diesels.

Especially the SM which, since it has an engine made by italians who can't grasp the meaning of reliable, never works, revs far too much (is that a six in the rev counter I see?), makes far too much noise and uses fuel at an alarming rate.
    Heaven is only temporary anyway, otherwise it becomes boring.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

My Heaven: A car that not only has excellent luxury, performance, reliability, aesthetics, etc., but exemplifies you and where you believe you stand in your conscience. In other words, you're trying to prove a point to yourself and not others by acquiring a car that challenges your own "average" assumption of yourself (assuming that you're just an average guy who has a typical desk job). All of this while trying not be a douche-hole, of course. Also, it has to be a car that you can fully realize having. I don't mean dream, I mean realize driving one day...
    Ex. BMW 3 or 5 Series (the 5 series is where I might be pushing my average possibilities a bit), Nissan GT-R or Aston Martin Rapide. DBS or DB9, just for the "meh"...
    My Hell: A car that is the complete opposite and more. Maybe any Honda. I don't really care if they're reliable and cost-effective. Hondas and Toyotas are just boring to me. Also, most trucks and SUVs
    "Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows." -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Kitdy's heaven: A Honda Fit, talk about low standards... Or an old Dodge Caravan.
    Kitdy's hell: Probably something awesome like a 930 or a Clio V6. Kitdy is composed purely of oatmeal, so anything that stands out even a little is a no go.
    Woooo!

You have me pegged.

i'm gonna call out NSX Type-R on this one! his heaven would be an NSX Type-R (although i can't see him driving it the way it deserves to be driven) his hell would be a dodge viper!
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    What would I consider heaven? Well outright speed or handling are not huge things for me. enjoyable, certainly, but not deal breakers. What I prefer is an Individualistic choice that expresses how I would like to be viewed - considered, unique, and offputting.

with that in mind probably a Nissan Cube might be the go?
    hah holy shit i called it last night.

however we figured your hell was more difficult to determine - you like wierd shit so hell for most people doesn't qualify - we settled on an R33 skyline, RB20de, auto, with bodykit (unpainted), massive GT wing, broken 5" drain pipe exhaust/cannon, flame decals up the side, monster tacho on the dash, mismatched woodrain panelling trim.
    and also, just for the OCD.. fake carbon fibre vinyl wrap on the bonnet. but the pattern is slightly glitched so it just doesn't match up and stay consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    i'm gonna call out NSX Type-R on this one! his heaven would be an NSX Type-R (although i can't see him driving it the way it deserves to be driven) his hell would be a dodge viper!
    x2
    heaven: NSX
    hell: something inefficient and american and old (a honda owners kryptonite is inefficiency)

edit: haha F6 has kitdy pegged. awesome!
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 06-30-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Imma go with Ferrer.

His heaven I know to be an old Lancia - I think it's an Aurelia B20.

His hell... Hmm. Must be bland, boring, and characterless, and have no passion, and/or an affront to a brand with a storied heritage.

A diesel Cayenne? A modern Toyota Corolla? The Ferrari California? A Ford Explorer?

Maybe I don't have the exact car, but something like that.

Or if you start considering mods, then well... That makes things more complicated.

Seeing as it's almost Canada Day, I will add a few models to Kitdy's list.

Heaven: Ford Frontenac, Dodge Regent, GM Acadian, & Acura CSX.
    Canadian cars for Canada! Despite none having Canadian parent companies, for that see below.

Hell: Manic GT & Locus Plethore; made by evil seperatists
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

You forgot the Bricklin! I love that shit on Canada Day!

Also exclusively Canadian made cars, the Camaro, the Challenger, the 300, the Charger.

Wooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    His hell... Hmm. Must be bland, boring, and characterless, and have no passion, and/or an affront to a brand with a storied heritage.
    this is as far as i got for ferrer, going off his audi resentment:
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post

Ferrer:
    automotive hell: forced to drive a 4cyl, FWD, automatic/tiptronic audi TT convertible. first generation. converted to diesel.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

this is as far as i got for ferrer, going off his audi resentment:
    Yeah missed that - how the shit could I forget Audi!?

A3 is up there - tarted up useless Golf.

You forgot the Bricklin! I love that shit on Canada Day!

Also exclusively Canadian made cars, the Camaro, the Challenger, the 300, the Charger.

Wooooo!
    CDM, y0!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

His heaven I know to be an old Lancia - I think it's an Aurelia B20.
    Aurelia B20. Purrfect!

And since we've gone there. IIRC your heaven would be something like Murcielago or an M3 E46, cars you said despite being modern you liked them (there were other but I can remember them).

Hell, pretty much everything else that contemporary. Like the 8C. How could that be anyone's hell is a mystery to me.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Aurelia B20. Purrfect!

And since we've gone there. IIRC your heaven would be something like Murcielago or an M3 E46, cars you said despite being modern you liked them (there were other but I can remember them).

Hell, pretty much everything else that contemporary. Like the 8C. How could that be anyone's hell is a mystery to me.
    Nah that's not true. The 8C is cool. I like modern cars. The early new millennium was a good time I feel.

To be perfectly honest, I am not entirely sure what my exact heaven and hell is.

I think the F355 is my most desired car though.

hah holy shit i called it last night.

however we figured your hell was more difficult to determine - you like wierd shit so hell for most people doesn't qualify - we settled on an R33 skyline, RB20de, auto, with bodykit (unpainted), massive GT wing, broken 5" drain pipe exhaust/cannon, flame decals up the side, monster tacho on the dash, mismatched woodrain panelling trim.
    and also, just for the OCD.. fake carbon fibre vinyl wrap on the bonnet. but the pattern is slightly glitched so it just doesn't match up and stay consistent.
    I genuinely twitched at that last comment.

Like, full blown, twitched. What you have described is truly the most rage inducing hell I could have imagined. The only thing that could have been worse is a crease or bubble in the wrap that keeps popping up...

Although Flame decals are pretty tough...
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information