Thread: Lamborghini sesto elemento

Lamborghini sesto elemento

http://www.insideline.com/lamborghin...auto-show.html

I am not a fan of Lamborghini in general. I think they are ugly, overly flashy, and sort of tacky. However, this is a car I think i can really like.

I think its hideously ugly still. But i love the idea behind it. Obviously, everyone is trying to "go green" nowadays with hybrid technology in various iterations. This includes ferrari and porsche. I'm not a huge fan, but that seems to be where the market is going.

I really like the way this lambo is going about doing it. Obviously this car is not "going green" intentionally, it seems like they are just trying to make an amazing sports car. But one of the side effects of them loosing weight will be that the car will get much better gas mileage than the normal gallardo and most, if not all of the cars with comparable performance numbers.

I like they they kept what is already an amazing engine and just made the car much lighter. I wish other manufacturers would go down this road as opposed to hybridizing everything!

Whats your take?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Race cars are light, they still get horrible mileage....even if you just grand mother it around everywhere. Fat tires, wings, 4 wheel drive...etc, they don't help the "green" aspect of this thing.

Of course the direction is right, but the intent is grossly different....of course "adding lightness" should be something all "green conscious" future car should consider, or else a conventionally engined, non-hybird car would've won automotive X-prize....

Taking this for what it is though, a light weight, super high performance version of Gallardo, it is pretty cool looking....

Not a fan of the 10 holes though...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I agree it will get horrible mileage. But it will get better mileage than a standard gallardo. For me, personally, the key is to get as good mileage as possible while still not loosing the soul/fun/speed of a sports car.

If you can make a car a little greener without making it "worse" then I am all for it.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I agree it will get horrible mileage. But it will get better mileage than a standard gallardo. For me, personally, the key is to get as good mileage as possible while still not loosing the soul/fun/speed of a sports car.

If you can make a car a little greener without making it "worse" then I am all for it.
    The car will not actually be produced (at least according to the article). Rather, the concept demonstrates Lambo's new approach towards their future cars.

I like the idea, as radical as it may be. The mileage may improve maybe 10-15% at most, but that is not the point
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

That engine cover is awful.

i do not like the look of the car but its quick

0-60 2.5
    562hp
    5.2 v10
    999kg
    562 hp per ton
    200mph +

Hideous engine cover. Just aweful. Though I love the approach. Add lightness is a brilliant philosophy. It goes hand-in-hand with add power and increase efficiency. because, if you do basic things like lighten the rotating mass, increase compression, ad grind ports, for the same fuel, you get more power. I really don't see why Lamborghini hasn't made that V10 get 600HP....
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Thread Information