Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super car poll

Originally posted by piledriver
    my choices are:
    1- Porsche GT2
    2- McLaren F1
    the rest... is just the rest...
    Porsche RULEZ!!!!
    I largely agree with you, but I'm curious why you posted a picture of a Porsche Racing 911 GT3

Stupid Poll wont let me vote for both GT40s... if your american how can you not like the car that destroyed the ferraris in Le Mans 1,2,3 american power with european styling i love it

I'm gonna get flamed for saying this. But I'll do it anyway. The McLaren F1 is the most overrated car. Ever.

Originally posted by Quiggs
    I'm gonna get flamed for saying this. But I'll do it anyway. The McLaren F1 is the most overrated car. Ever.
    Well, I'll do the exact opposite of what you expected.........I totally agree with you. All it's good for is straight line speed/acceleration. 0.89 g on the skidpad, how SHI**Y is that for car claiming to be the world's best? If it was racing against a Porsche 911 GT2, I'd put all my money on the GT2 not only because I love it, but because it's a car you drive to the racetrack, race it, then drive it home without any problems. The GT2 is a supercar you can use everyday! Sure, magazines say the Enzo is civil, but how do we know if it really is or not? Also, look at the gas mileage! The GT2 has an EPA estimate of 15 MPG in the city. The Enzo couldn't even do that on the highway! GT2 for me!!! I switched cars, haha, but you all get the idea.
    "Spiritually, we never stray too far from the racetrack." -Porsche

The F1 was good to 60 and 100. And people think it was "so awesome" because it did 241mph. Well yea, it did. But it also took 7 miles to get there. Not impressed.

hmmmmmmmm

........... good question but I like all of them even though I voted for the McLaren F1. There are also some other good supercars: Bugatti EB110, Viper GTS/R, Porsche GT1, Porsche 962, Ferrari F40 LM, Ferrari F50 GT etc.
    I luv cheesecake TG

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    I largely agree with you, but I'm curious why you posted a picture of a Porsche Racing 911 GT3
    ´cos that car is the racing official porsche...
    GT2 is a road car...
    and I took that pic in a race this year in my city...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

My favorite supercar is the Ferrari Enzo. I agree with you all about the McLaren F1, it was a straight line car. Another supercar i like that you all may not of heard of is the Evan series 4. It has a LS6 engine with a porsche rear-end and a full Carbon fiber/Kevlar body.
    Last edited by MP4/4Fan; 08-17-2003 at 02:28 PM.

i could only pick 10 and i picked the ones i thought of at the time

Originally posted by piledriver
    ´cos that car is the racing official porsche...
    GT2 is a road car...
    and I took that pic in a race this year in my city...
    Great photo, and I know that the GT2 is a road car... Sorry, I just found it slightly odd that you said GT2 and then posted a picture of a different car. Anyway, sweet photo. Do you have any more? And by the way, yeah. Porsche rules.

Quiggs: I don't think you'll get flamed, but I will refer you to all of the arguments that I posted in this thread:

Will the McLaren F1 ever be dethroned?

I encourage you to post in that threat. I liked that one

i'm a bit annoyed

the reason i'm annoyed is because you left out two very important british cars: the xj220 and the TVR Cerbera Speed 12, which can take out the enzo in 0-60 and is lighter than it. also you put 60's supercars in with 90's and current supercars.
    anyway, i chose the mclearen f1 because of it's straigt line performance and it's reliability. and also it's awseme driving position

Originally posted by motorhead
    plymouth hemi CUDA
    Hi everyone.

I just joined this message board. I have been a car fan for about 25 years and have lots of old car magazines (mainly Motor Trend, Car Life, Car & Driver) from the '50s, '60s and '70s. I also subscribe to Motor Trend, just to keep up with the latest.
    I like '60s/early '70s U.S. muscle cars (Mopar is my favorite brand, but I enjoy all of them) and '50s/'60s/'70s Cadillacs (and other full-sized U.S. cars, like Lincoln, Olds 98, etc).

To answer the question on this thread, like motorhead among my favorite super cars is the '70/'71 Plymouth Hemicuda. Others would be '69 Plymouth Road Runner/Dodge Super Bee 440-6 pack, 4.10 gears (these ran low 13's/high 12's 1/4 miles off the showroom floor), '68/'69 Hemi Charger and '68 Hemi Dart/Hemi Barracuda (an actual production car- about 55 of each sold). One more favorite super car... '70 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 (LS6) 450 horsepower, 500 lbs./ft. torque.

See you later...

Im not annoyed but I think the Speed 12 is my favorite. Mostly because of where I read someone who drove it was terrified. Also the fact that you have to meet the company owner before they will sell you one. I think they have taken automotive madness to a new level. And its British? Unfknblvbl! considering the other cars they produce.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I knew I'd forget one...
    Included in my list (favorite super cars)... 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, 426-Hemi (also it's near-twin- 1970 Plymouth Superbird).
    Attached Images Attached Images

In order of my preference i would have to say
    1. McLaren F1
    2. Saleen S7
    and then i am not sure .
    mclaren f1 because of a quote from Andy Wallace just after he pushed it to its limits of 391 kph "i still say this is the best car ever built ever and will probably never be beaten"
    just before saying this he remarks that the feul light is on and the gaerbox temp reached 150 degrees but everything else is fine.

you can check out the video at http://www.mclarencars.com/content/s...ainfr/gall.htm
    you can barely see i but it is still good

Thread Information