Thread: The perfect job ? Get applications in :)

The perfect job ? Get applications in :)

http://www.repairacar.co.uk/delivery-driver

Seriously

Repairacar – based in Newcastle-under-Lyme – are looking for a Delivery Driver (Supercar Class) to pick up and return customer’s cars all over Europe.

Yes, that means that you’ll be paid a five-figure sum to fly all over Europe, pick up the cream of the world’s metal, and drive to and from the company's Staffordshire home.

OK, some experience is required: a minimum of ten years driving high performance vehicles in Europe, no less.
    Already been suggested at the site that as it involves corners, American's needn't apply
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i would be very tempted to stop doing my job properly and just drive off with one of the cars
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

How do you back up having driven high performance cars in Europe for the last 10 years? Also I read somewhere that you would have to drive carefully, so how does high performance experience matter, if you are never going to experience that high performance?

They say, as well, that you'll have to take public transport for the job. That's a no go from the start for me...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Question- why couldn't they trailer the cars? As an owner, the only miles I want on the car are the ones I put on the car.

Already have the closest thing to this job I can get. Muhaha.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Question- why couldn't they trailer the cars? As an owner, the only miles I want on the car are the ones I put on the car.
    Yeah, as if there weren't already enough exotics crashed by mechanics and other guys who just got the keys from the owners to had the headlight fixed, or something like that.

That's how half of WreckedExotics' entries happened. The other half were reckless drivers doing inexplicable high speeds in easily explicable wrong situations.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    http://www.repairacar.co.uk/delivery-driver
    Already been suggested at the site that as it involves corners, American's needn't apply
    ^No need for stereotypes sir. Contrary to what you might think......

OK, some experience is required: a minimum of ten years driving high performance vehicles in Europe
    So you pretty much have to be a racing driver/instructor or test driver I assume? Which is actually understandable, considering many of the clients probably have short fuses, so an accident with their cars would most certainly not go down well.
    Last edited by LHamilton_w; 04-13-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Was ONLY citing what others had said LH But truth can hurt !!!

Experience isn't for RACING or speed, it's for delivery. The requirement for performance experince is so they dont get some dick who thinks he/she is a god in driving and wont welly the throttle coming out of corners too soon !! Met a guy in Birmingham at classic car show who stored 8 cars at his farm and woudl drive them to all over Europe. He said often it was to pick a car jsut bought at an auction and drive it to storage and then a year or so later go pick it up and drive it to an auction !!

ANd re why not trailer ... driving is a fraction of cost of a trailer and gives the car the exercise it needs to prevent long term issues.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Why don't they call up Ben Collins? He's probably doing nothing at the moment.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Ben's blown that one. If there's one thing I was told about these personal deliveries is they are often kept VERY quiet

Could you imagine trying to keep a straight face and saying to Collin's "dont tell anyone" ?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Why don't they call up Ben Collins? He's probably doing nothing at the moment.
    Ben Collins is working for Fifth Gear.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

fighter pilots dont make good airliner pilots

similarly, this is a driving job where cornering skill isnt a positive

for me personally , the Stig has one of the best jobs ever in motoring

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    fighter pilots dont make good airliner pilots

similarly, this is a driving job where cornering skill isnt a positive

for me personally , the Stig has one of the best jobs ever in motoring
    Why, because they do barrel rolls when they feel like it?

You don't?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Not a bad job, driving awesome cars with none of the drawbacks of ownership, like maintenance costs, gas prices, insurance, etc. Good work, if you can get it!

Thread Information