Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    driver of the green porsche banned for life? This could have ended very nasty with the bridge so close by.
    If he's going to be banned, then i know a couple of 458 drivers who need that penalty too!
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Thing is though if it were a conventional LMP with a wide front track and (especially IMO) weights nearly twice as much as the DW, it wouldn't have been near as bad an accident. The DW's light weight made it easy to punt out of control--we saw that at LM this year.

Doesn't excuse the poorly timed move by the Porsche driver, though, just like with Perrazi and Davidson at LM this year.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernaudi View Post
    Thing is though if it were a conventional LMP with a wide front track and (especially IMO) weights nearly twice as much as the DW, it wouldn't have been near as bad an accident. The DW's light weight made it easy to punt out of control--we saw that at LM this year.

Doesn't excuse the poorly timed move by the Porsche driver, though, just like with Perrazi and Davidson at LM this year.
    A bit like saying that you cannot have Fiat 500s in the US because of the presence of Escalades and Navigators?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

another win for the Toyota TS030, as clear cut as you can get it. No bad luck with the audis, no penalties, just the pure pace of the Toyota brought the win. And they even used 7 instead of 6 stops for the Audis.

And hurrah for racecontrol for not bringing out the safety car in the final 10 minutes when Prost got stuck on the start finish straight, well off the racing line. I know countries where this would have been dealt with in a different way...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

another win for the Toyota TS030, as clear cut as you can get it. No bad luck with the audis, no penalties, just the pure pace of the Toyota brought the win. And they even used 7 instead of 6 stops for the Audis.

And hurrah for racecontrol for not bringing out the safety car in the final 10 minutes when Prost got stuck on the start finish straight, well off the racing line. I know countries where this would have been dealt with in a different way...
    But no hurrah for Prost for not helping the marshals!

A very nice race for Toyota indeed, and what an excellent battle we will get next year!
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

So uh, where are the complaints for diesel still being faster....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Henri is bankrupt...again

Some still believe that Audi has hold back to ensure Toyota feeling the success and therefor want to stay after 2013, and no hollow Toyota's arguments over the BoP of Diesels and Petrols.
    Henri is bankrupt...again
    For good
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Brix View Post
    Some still believe that Audi has hold back to ensure Toyota feeling the success and therefor want to stay after 2013, and no hollow Toyota's arguments over the BoP of Diesels and Petrols.
    Everyone loves a good conspiracy.....I supposed there are merits, as Audi already sewed up the championships...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Everyone loves a good conspiracy.....I supposed there are merits, as Audi already sewed up the championships...
    bu then again I think they would have very much liked to win the last race of the season, just to give Toyota something to chew on. Alternatively they may indeed have sandbagged to give Toyota the idea that they are already there, which might perhaps influence the level of their development work, and come next season , the panzers return with a vengeance.

Michael Fuller of Mulsanne's has spread a word that Mr.Baretzky hinted on probable participation of both Audi and Porsche in 2014 - Audi on diesel and Porsche on petrol. Hope that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Michael Fuller of Mulsanne's has spread a word that Mr.Baretzky hinted on probable participation of both Audi and Porsche in 2014 - Audi on diesel and Porsche on petrol. Hope that's true.
    There's no hinting or secrets in that .
    Audi and Porsche racing against each other in 2014 is almost a year old news now.
    And the Audi Diesel, and Porsche Petrol is pretty much a given (70% of Audi's sale is Diesel, and Porsche is a sportscar manufacture so therefor Petrol)

BTW, i know who the Mike's, source is
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Audi and Porsche racing against each other in 2014 is almost a year old news now.
    And the Audi Diesel, and Porsche Petrol is pretty much a given (70% of Audi's sale is Diesel, and Porsche is a sportscar manufacture so therefor Petrol)

porsche sales are very positively influenced by the cayenne and paranoia diesels...

porsche sales are very positively influenced by the cayenne and paranoia diesels...
    Indeed, but it's not something which people wants to connect with the Porsche brand. In the same way you would want to connect diesel engines with the Audi brand.
    If Porsche where to brand the diesel engines, it would ultimately hurt the backbone of Porsche, which is the 911.
    Although it's not the highest seller of the Porsche family, it's the model which creates the magic and the "I want" effect for all the other cars. It's the same reason why there has never, or will never be a better performing "standard" sportscar than the 911 (by standard i'm counting out the 959 and Carrera GT)

And we both know a diesel 911 would never happen, so why market one .
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Sure, I was hearing such speculations for a very long time indeed, but that was nothing more, at least to me, as people have just been supposing they would race against each other. During the Le Mans week itself, however, the most popular belief was that Porsche was to replace Audi and all Audi employees and infrastructure was to be used by Porsche from 2014 on. So here's what I consider a final confirmation of both makes' participation in the series.

And if GT3 will finally make its way to LM24, we're going to see speculations about Bentley return coming true...
    Last edited by faksta; 10-29-2012 at 03:37 AM.

Thread Information