Thread: VXR Monaro ups the ante for performance coupes

VXR Monaro ups the ante for performance coupes

Looking and feeling every inch the high performance car, Vauxhall's Monaro VXR is a rare and beautiful creature. Powered by a massively torquey and powerful V8 engine, and boasting supreme drivability, looks and desirability, there really is no other car like it anywhere in the UK today. Following on from the massive success Monaro V8 has enjoyed in the UK already - just one month after its on sale date 45 per cent of the year's quota had been sold - the highly awaited Monaro VXR offers everything the V8 does… and a whole lot more besides. Monaro VXR boasts a 5.7 litre V8 alloy engine which pumps out a massive 382 bhp of power and 376 lb ft of torque, which equates to a zero to 60 mph sprint of 5.4 seconds and a top speed of 170 mph.

- Massive, 382 bhp, 5.7 litre, V8 engine
    - Superb dynamics, excellent driving experience
    - Muscular body kit and 19 inch alloys as standard

To complement such immense power, Monaro VXR features uprated disc brakes all round - 330 mm at the front and 315 mm at the rear - with massive stopping potential and tremendous feel.

In the driving seat things not only feel different, thanks to the new VXR black leather and Alcantara sport seats, but they look different as well. A subtle but important improvement is the inclusion of extra engine indicators - oil pressure and voltage indicator - in the specially designed VXR instrument binnacle.

Externally, Monaro VXR has been upgraded with a unique front air dam, rear spoiler and side body skirts, all sympathetically sculpted to enhance Monaro's already dynamic and stylish exterior. These improvements also play an important part in the car's aerodynamics, helping to create an even sleeker side silhouette… a side silhouette which is given immense presence by the imposing 19 inch alloy wheels, shod with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso 245/35R19 tyres.

And all of this is in addition to Monaro's exhaustive list of standard equipment which includes: cruise control; power mirrors, sun roof and windows; 'intelligent' wipers; rear park assist; automatic head lamps; trip computer; 10-speaker, six CD sound system; eight-way, electrically adjustable front seats; electric front seat slide for rear access; dual zone climate control; alloy pedals; and metal finish dash, door handles and sill plates; driver and passenger airbags; driver and passenger side impact airbags; seat belt pre-tensioners; anti-submarining ramps; child restraint anchor points; quick response LED centre brake light; low fuel, high engine temperature and rear light failure warnings; steering wheel-mounted sound system controls; and active front head restraints and seat backs.

With such stylish looks, impressive power and high standard specification any Monaro VXR owner will want to show it off to as many friends as they can and with Monaro VXR they can do just that. Monaro is a real-world four-seater offering room for four adults to sit in comfort without squashing their knees up to their chins, which means the driver can take up to three mates out with them to experience the thrill of Vauxhall's fastest-ever sports coupe.

With all this on offer you'd expect a price as big as the car's charisma, but you'd be disappointed… Monaro VXR costs just £35,595 when it goes on sale on 25 May.
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

looks good on paper
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

thats the same model as the HSV GTO we produce here, bodykit and all
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    yea i thought it looked familiar, my unkie has a 2003 HSV GTO and my step dad has a 2000 HSV clubsport
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

Stylish looks my ass! It looks like a total brute, not stylish! Stylish is Mini and Beetle!

very good i really like the Monaro and this makes it even better
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Thats cos it is mate.Its been rebadged from factory.
    Wait until you see the VZ Bonnet.Now thats lush.
    Sant0
    www.sant0.com

umm i knew that, thats what i was saying.

you wouldnt happen to have any pictures of the VZ bonnet would you
    I am the Stig

I don't understand the "muscular body" comment, the GTO looks like a Pontiac Grand Am without the plastic cladding.

that comments refering to the Vauxhall Monaro VXR/HSV GTO Coupe, not the Pontiac GTO
    I am the Stig

I do have pictures but no way am i putting them on the net.
    I value my job.

Sorry
    Sant0
    www.sant0.com

what job exactly would that be? i think internet privacy would let you get away with enough to keep us doubters silent
    I am the Stig

Silent.hmmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by Sant0; 06-05-2004 at 08:25 PM.
    Sant0
    www.sant0.com

here is a rushed pic from the motor showat the NEC in bIRMINGHAM,

PS. I WAS still walking while i was taking this pic

STUPID cap slock
    Last edited by Mustang; 11-28-2005 at 02:29 PM.
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information