Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Camaro ZL1 and Charger SRT8 from Chicago and F1 round-up ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm sorry but the Challenger makes the Mustang look obvious and the Camaro flaccid.

And I don't care if it doesn't handle or gets 20... GPM...
    Ever seen a Challenger in person? They look fat and way too slab-sided.

Camaro and Mustang both have a much better presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Ever seen a Challenger in person? They look fat and way too slab-sided.

Camaro and Mustang both have a much better presence.
    I think your comments on the Challenger are particularly applicable to the first generation car of around 1970. I think the new one looks conspicuously like a Camaro. (I have seen them all in the flesh, but I am now judgung from various pictures from my archive)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I said it to (sor of) defend Chryslers. I like Chryslers. I shouldn't but I just do.

The Charger is fine too, but this facelift is a bit ugly...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think your comments on the Challenger are particularly applicable to the first generation car of around 1970. I think the new one looks conspicuously like a Camaro. (I have seen them all in the flesh, but I am now judgung from various pictures from my archive)
    The new Challenger really is a fat beast, and I would argue that the original 1970s car is the leaner more attractive of the two, which they should have strived to get closer to. I'm hoping that if and when the next one comes out they shed some of that bulk in favor for a leaner design. That said, overall the car still does look fantastic and is the best at being retro next to the Camaro and Stang.

The original Challenger was somewhat slab-sided but not nearly as thick from the bottom of the door sill to the top of the door as the new one.

Original car is actually sleek, new one is a brick.

The Challenger is just absolutely huge. You can't help but see the 4-door sedan underneath the seemingly overgrown 2-door coupe body. It's painstakingly obvious when you see one rolling down the street, and especially if you happen to catch it from the back. They just seem so tall.

A good car for a cross-country road trip, but dangit if it ain't bloated, and with a bland interior. The new Challenger is to the '71 Challenger, what these are to this.

That said, I saw the new Charger on the Interstate the other day, and it definitely looks good. Much better than the Challenger.

..and the ZL1 is just bad ass.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think the Dodge Challenger is a 2-door, but the Charger has four. It is unclear though why the Challenger has entered the discussion in the first place. Perhaps Ferrer wanted to make a general statement?
    My bad.
    The Challenger looks cool. Im a slut for any big bad two door rear wheel drive V8.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I saw a shipment of new Chargers on a truck the other day. They were alright.

I'm still not sure why the designers over at Chrysler would want to channel the Evo X styling language into their new top dog Charger. Color me confused.

The ZL-1 looks like it'll be a legitmate competitor for the Shelby GT500, but I do have concerns about the curb weight and pricing.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Massive gaping maws are very in. Very urban-edgy, they really speak to those who are street.

Or something.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Massive gaping maws are very in. Very urban-edgy, they really speak to those who are street.

Or something.
    I haven't understood anything you've just said.

We are still speaking about car, aren't we?
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I haven't understood anything you've just said.

We are still speaking about car, aren't we?
    I'm talking about adjusting product portfolios to bring them more synergy with the sort of paradigms currently shifted by the cutting edge of fashion vis a vis the youth demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I'm talking about adjusting product portfolios to bring them more synergy with the sort of paradigms currently shifted by the cutting edge of fashion vis a vis the youth demographic.
    that explains it.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Indeed. Much more clear now. Thanks pimento.
    Visca Catalunya!

Any time.

Thread Information