Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful roadcar ever made - entries

Unless I've been reading through this too quickly, you have missed one of the all-time great beauties: the Lotus Elite, the original late 50's gem. Such utter purity of line, undecorated, simple, graceful.

Quote Originally Posted by fairlyoldguy View Post
    Unless I've been reading through this too quickly, you have missed one of the all-time great beauties: the Lotus Elite, the original late 50's gem. Such utter purity of line, undecorated, simple, graceful.
    added a shot of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

We most not forget the Stratos
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

And what is the Stratos, a racing car or a road car...?

EDIT I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bugattis. Or Voisins. French cars are lacking. Someone should mend that.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

EDIT I'm surprised no one has mentioned Bugattis. Or Voisins. French cars are lacking. Someone should mend that.
    Well, it's road legal, so it does qualify

Well, we do have the DS21, C6 and 504 cabrio
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

the problem with many of the french cars is that the exclusive and beautiful ones are mostly one-offs, and many of those have also disappeared. In fact those cars were a bit of what concept cars or design studies are today. So should they be included? I think the Pebble winning Delage from last year is a beautiful car, but it is unique and do we want that to beincluded here?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I was under the impression the subject was production cars, so haven't mentioned anything with less than say, at least several hundred built over a reasonable period of time. Otherwise, any iteration of the 700 or so Bugatti 57 would make the cut.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    I was under the impression the subject was production cars, so haven't mentioned anything with less than say, at least several hundred built over a reasonable period of time. Otherwise, any iteration of the 700 or so Bugatti 57 would make the cut.
    But then many of the cars mentioned would be out, and it would make the nominations far more difficult.

Aurelia B20 GT, Spider Duetto, Ghibli, Series II XJC, Continental R-Type, Silvia, 280 SE 3.5 Coupé, Avanti, 300B?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i thought the A110 deserves a mention

and whatever roadgoing version of this

maybe maserati mistral?

these i'm not sure if they're just good looking rather than 'beautiful'. might be a bit aggressive

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I think the A110, E12/24 6ers and certainly Datsun's Z qualify, but there were only 6 Cobra Daytonas built, strictly for racing.

1964 - 1965 AC Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    I think the A110, E12/24 6ers and certainly Datsun's Z qualify, but there were only 6 Cobra Daytonas built, strictly for racing.

1964 - 1965 AC Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - Images, Specifications and Information
    yes but you can currently get a Brock Coupe with modern running gear.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Sure, but can they be considered "production" cars? They're beautiful but in the same boat with several other nominees.

I would consider all replicas (Superformance, Brock, etc) to be tuner cars so i don't think they should qualify. Oh and since i'm posting i might as well add another:

Maserati A6GCS/53 Frua Spider
    Attached Images Attached Images

Favourites come and go over the years but the 250 SWB still does it for me.

there are a lot of cars here with very few examples, the delahaye I posted is 1 of 1, but there are more Brock coupes than actual Daytonas, so whatever that's worth. but i am inclined to agree with cobrafan in calling an exemption.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information