This is a column from the senior columnist at the paper I work at (And when I say "senior" I mean the guy has worked here 55+ years and is 84 or so) His most recent column is called "Lost in a forest of look-alike cars" and it's about how he believes modern cars all look too similar and boring.

An excerpt:
It’s that too many cars look alike. It’s getting so I cannot tell a Honda from a Lexus unless I take a close look.
Searching reports, I have never found a full explanation for why so many cars look alike. One claim is that comfort and performance — not distinctive looks — are more important to car owners.
Too bad, because I have a hankering to return to exciting days when one car looked a lot different than the other.
Full Article

Now I just want to say, in my opinion, this guy's columns all follow a similar trend. He reminds me of the stereotype of the old man who longs for the days of his youth. His columns tend to follow a trend of "When I was younger things were different but now they've changed and I don't like it"

That being said however, I think he has a little bit of a point but I wanted your guys' opinions. I think certain car segments look alike but I don't think there is an overall trend. I have no problem finding my car, but then again my car goes against the grain so much. I think it's really just certain cars are very common (Civics, Camrys, Corollas, etc).

Thoughts?