Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Grand Prix

Australian Grand Prix

This thread is for info, scores, anything about the Australian Grand Prix. Personally I hope Mark Webber gets a good result being my favourite F1 driver.

uh oh! ive found a cotterik clone :P

EDIT: Yeah! Williams have announced they will be off to a slow start due to problems with the fw27 aerodynamic design, so they say it is almost certain they wont be challenging for victory this weekend. Personally i think Renault are going to be EXTREMELY quick this year, that car of theirs is awesome, and mclaren have possibly the best driver line-up, and one of the best cars, if they get it right they could tip off ferrari.
    Last edited by CoTTerik; 03-02-2005 at 12:12 PM.

okay for british viewers (or anyone else who gets ITV)

After months of waiting finally it's here, the 2005 Australian Grand Prix, and you can catch it live on ITV1.

This weekend sees the opening grand prix of the season in Melbourne and, as usual, you can expect comprehensive coverage from beginning to end from the ITV-F1 crew in Australia.

Get your first glimpse of the 2005 all-new line-up early on Saturday morning (01:20) with ITV-F1's live show from the opening Australian Grand Prix qualifying session, presented by the ITV-F1 team of Jim Rosenthal, James Allen and Martin Brundle.

As well as the live action, ITV-F1 will give you an extensive preview of the season, with in-depth analysis on who's gone where, who's doing what and an explanation on those sweeping new regulation changes for 2005.

As well as all this, ITV-F1's Louise Goodman visits the multi-million pound McLaren Technology Centre for a Tag Heuer photoshoot with Juan Pablo Montoya.

From there, Louise jets over to the Sydney Harbour Bridge with Australian cricket legend Steve Waugh, as Williams star Mark Webber takes the ultimate joyride across one of down under's most famous landmarks in an F1 car.

David Coulthard treats you to a special video diary as he settled into testing at Jerez with his new team Red Bull Racing.

And as if that wasn't enough ITV-F1 pitlane reporter Ted Kravitz visits Moscow to get the low-down on Midland Jordan's entry into F1 with a launch in Red Square.

But if it's the live racing action you want, then get the full grand prix broadcast as it happens on ITV1 from 01.55 on Sunday morning.

Australian Grand Prix TV times:

Qualifying LIVE – Saturday March 5 – 01:20-03:20

Qualifying - Saturday March 5 - 12.55-14.45

Race LIVE - Sunday March 6 - 01.55-05.10

Race repeat - Sunday March 6 - 15.00-17.30

Highlights - Sunday March 6 - 00.05-01.10

Highlights on ITV2 - Monday March 7 - 01.00-01.50

do you have a time table like that for Germany?
    Last edited by lukeh; 03-02-2005 at 12:13 PM.

yep, im supporting him this year. I DID follow ralf, but since he left williams I chose to support Webber from now on, because he's got great promise, great character and a true f1 racer, remember when he finished 5th for minardi!!!?. Plus he's australian, australians are cool!!

EDIT: ok lukehow DID ask me if i liked mark webber but then changed his post so this post is a reply to THAT

No ITV dont schudule their coverage until the week before

I hope that Speed Channel will cover the race. Anyone got any info?

Ray Lore

Speed Chanel Has the Full Race Covered.
    GOOD LUCK MICHAEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think sauber will surprise a few.
    Renault will do as is expected from them. very well that is.
    ferrari will certainly win this one agin....
    if not then mclaren will. they have the car and the lineup to challenge ferrari untill the F2005 commes out.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

We're getting 3 of the 4 days covered on Channel 10 here, starting from 1pm on Friday and luckily i get off school 1:30 tomorrow

There'll be the full practise, qualifying and race coverage of the F1, 3 V8 Supercar support events, celebrity challenge and speed challenge
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    We're getting 3 of the 4 days covered on Channel 10 here, starting from 1pm on Friday and luckily i get off school 1:30 tomorrow

There'll be the full practise, qualifying and race coverage of the F1, 3 V8 Supercar support events, celebrity challenge and speed challenge
    did you see mark webber cross the Harbour Bridge?

Only on the late night news, i was asleep still when he actually done it
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Only on the late night news, i was asleep still when he actually done it
    Bugger!

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    i'm so excited to watch the race on sunday, i cant wait!

Webber is a pretty good... it should be interesting to see how he's going to race in his new car. The Mclaren drivers are not to be taken lightly, it seems like everyone forget about these two... Ferrari claims that their F2005 is their Best Car Ever, that actually scares me but no worries, the car wont be raced until the spain GP.

I've heard all the rumours about the new renault car... and how they designed a really good aerodynamic system on the car. But is there any proof that the car is actually that good? i've seen a few lap times (back in testing season) in Jerez but i havent seen the R25 being on top of "fastest lap time" list.... is it just promises that these renault guys making or what?

I have no idea how this season is going to be like... new cars, new drivers, and the new rules... every team is very confident about their new cars and their drivers....oh man... i'm so excited!
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Quote Originally Posted by lukehow
    did you see mark webber cross the Harbour Bridge?
    he was only allowed to go 90kmh, i think it was partially cause of the government, and BMWWilliams where also shooting an ad
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Some nice clipos from the Melbourne press conference from Shell ( so it'a ll abotu Shell and Ferrari )

Michael on retiring "not yet" "I'm only 36" sounds as if he plans on being around for a while

Rubens on Michael winning "I'm sick of losing" hmm intersting things afoot ??

See http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...68&postcount=1
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information