Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Focus Coupe Cabrio

Ford Focus Coupe Cabrio

2005 will be the arrival of the new Ford Focus. Which may seem a long way away but lets face it, that car sells like hot cakes so Ford arent gonna want to cut the production line too quickly. Auto Express has pictures of the top-selling fords future.
    The CC is set to take on Peugeots 307 cc and the Vauxhall Astra CC in 2006.
    Its clear from the shots that the drop-top focus will retain the standard versions all-new front end design, it takes inspiration from the Mondeo and the C-MAX. Aswel all the Mazda 3, which shares the Focus's platform.

The new car will offer the versitality of a coupe and the sun-seeking fun of a convertible. But the unique selling point will be the generous space available when the roof panels are stowed. In the 307 cc you have to roll up in a ball to fit in the back seats and there is no boot when the roof is down, in the focus CC however, the next gen focus is larger than the previous so the roof can be folded down without significantly compromising the rear storage. It will be a strict four seater.

The engine ranges from the five-door models engine which is from a 79bhp 1.4 litre to a 129 bhp 2.0 litre. While a hot ST version, using the 160bhp 2.3 litre four-cylinder engine from the Mazda 6, is also in the pipeline. Diesel Power will be available too.

Until 2005, expect Ford to be hard at work on the new stunner..watch this space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SO many cars have that roof now...Sc430, Sl500, Slk the list is endless..Looks good

The article said that was a Focus? Looks more like a Feista (SP AND CAR???) or something else, the grill doesn't look right.

As far as the new second generation focus goes, why isn't the SVT availible in the ZX3 (the 2 door hatchback). only the 4 door sedan gets it
    To Some, a rusted out 1989 GMC Suburban* is trash

But to Me, its home

i dont like it

that is all

In my opinion, it looks seriously dated. The roofline looks like it's off an old Mercedes, and sticking the lights from the fantastically dull Mondeo on the front doesn't help matters at all.

EDIT: Oops, didn't even look at the second pic.. like people have said below, it's just a current Focus saloon with a Mondeo nose slapped on.
    Last edited by ZerK; 06-03-2004 at 11:07 AM.
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

the best cc ever for me is 206cc - its quite cheap and is just nice, best character for that type of roof. for me focus just dont have the style to be cabrio or coupe

Quote Originally Posted by CoTTerik
    Some pictures
    Those are rubbish.

Someone has just put Mondeo lights on the existing Focus saloon.

I have it on good authority that the new Focus will be a looker, according to a certain editor in chief of a well known weekly automotive publication
    Thanks for all the fish

Looker?
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Those are rubbish.

Someone has just put Mondeo lights on the existing Focus saloon.

I have it on good authority that the new Focus will be a looker, according to a certain editor in chief of a well known weekly automotive publication
    yea i no, i was just quickly skimming the net for a pic of the new focus but thats obviously not the right one, the new focus will definitely be a looker thers no doubt about that. The new astra is darn nice aswel

Ive never liked the focus saloon, but you see them everywhere im america because they dont do 'hatchbacks' much, they all seem to prefer their cars with a boot, which is a shame because the saloon takes the whole edge out of the focus
    Last edited by CoTTerik; 06-03-2004 at 10:55 AM.

Got a decent pic

the pic of the focus Cotterick put up originally is a facelift for the focus (I believe). either way, Ford MUST come out with a better design than that. considerin u hafta see these buggers every day, they might as well look nice!
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Interestingly, the second pic in the first post is the new 2005 focus, but the American 2005 focus (which is a facelift), which is different to the new 2005 focus (which is a completely new car)

Confusing eh?

new focus
    Thanks for all the fish

glad to see convertibles are making a comeback. A few years back, there were only a few gasping for breath (sebring, mustang, viper, and corvette) now, in addition we have the PT cruiser convertible, plus lots in the works, such as this new ford. Others I'm looking forward to are: Mini Convertible, Chrysler 300 convertible, and maybe a Cobalt convertible?

also the Pontiac Solstice, and Dodge Razor
    Last edited by HemiCuda500; 06-10-2004 at 12:53 AM. Reason: oops, I forgot a couple of convertible-only models
    Life begins @ 200 MPH
    There's no replacement for displacement.

for my advice i dont like it but its a good cabriotlet
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Thread Information