Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: are there any cars that can match up?

Gentle frickin Jesus, is this guy retarded?
    Ill own you point by point-
    The highest tested production street car was a 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R-.99g's on the skidpad.
    American cars have to use big engines to produce power?? The emissions in the US are horrible. Companies detune engines and lower HP claims to lower insurance rates and to pass emissions tests. Thats why the 350 Chevy and the 302 Ford are two of the most successful engines used in their respective communities. Huge aftermarkets. Dodge Neon SRT-4. Turbo I-4, 215 hp., mid 13's in 1/4 mile, not sure about skid pad, but surely in the high .8-low .9 range. The ZO6 doesnt use some kind of huge engine, it uses a 350. Thats a little under 350 CI. It handles .97 in the skid, a mid 12 sec 1/4 mile, and if Im not mistaken, outhanlded a Turbo 911 and a Lotus at Nurumburg. This year, Ford is introducting the new "GT". 500 hp, 500 lb.ft, and im sure a huge skidpad rating. It will wipe the floor in ALMS, Le Mans series, etc.

You are right, there are no American compeitiors in F1. But, there are also no foreign competitors in NASCAR. Altought there are rumors of both series integrating. Anything else???????

Porshce uses forced induction, BMW uses 12 cylinders, Mercedes uses 12 cylinders, American manufactures use a simple method:
    There is ABSOLUTLEY NO replacement for displacement.
    Last edited by FordMonster; 07-10-2003 at 07:37 PM.
    Give it hell.

no dude shame

dude who cares when america wins something international then talk

who cares what you can get out of a 7litre motor.

all technology is getting smaller only the american think bigger is better.

its the concept stupid

you give BMW six plus litre engine and they will make that car go so fats it will go back in time. and it will handle un like shitty stupid nascar that GO ROUND IN ****ING CIRCLES.

Re: no dude shame

Originally posted by guyt_x

its the concept stupid
    Of course technology is getting smaller. So, why are you against small, simple pushrod engines?
    But, to the real point, just because most computer equipment is becoming smaller, it doesn't mean that everyone is going to follow. If you had checked over the last few years, displacements in ALL cars (European, American, Japanese) have been INCREASING. Because they want to make MORE power. Yes, technology can allow you to maximize output for a certain displacement (how else to dragsters make 6000hp, or F1 cars get 19,000 redlines). No company is going to reduce their displacement to make the car more powerful. There's no advantage, chances are the block, heads, and just about everything else (minus stroke and cylinder bore) are the SAME. Why not take a few more cc's/ci's and get some added power. You AREN'T increasing weight, you AREN'T affecting the cars handling, you're just getting MORE from an engine that is capable of giving MORE.

And since someone will probably ask this question later on because of my first sentence... I don't think pushrods are the "superior" engine design. But, I see nothing wrong with any company using them if they feel they should. Likewise, I don't complain when a company uses a SOHC or DOHC engine. It's a rather pointless argument since both engines have their advantages and disadvantages, and in the end, they're both pretty close to begin equal.

you give BMW six plus litre engine and they will make that car go so fats it will go back in time. and it will handle un like shitty stupid nascar that GO ROUND IN ****ING CIRCLES.
    Separated from the above reply because I know you probably don't read stuff longer than a few sentences.

Is ALMS international?

BMW did make a 6.0L engine, it's in the McLaren F1, right? I'm pretty sure most of those are still in 2003.
    Let's not forget that just about any big company can produce a car of the F1's calibur, if they aren't particularly interersted in saving money or the fact that the market for it will be 0.00000000001% of all drivers.
    What does NASCAR have to do with this? Are you jealous of it or something, because you keep ripping on it and seem rather miffed.
    As for my opinion on racing, it's all pretty damn boring (WRC = exception), about the only racing I find interesting is the stuff I do in Gran Turismo 3.

Originally posted by FordMonster
    Gentle frickin Jesus, is this guy retarded?
    Ill own you point by point-
    The highest tested production street car was a 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R-.99g's on the skidpad.
    American cars have to use big engines to produce power?? The emissions in the US are horrible. Companies detune engines and lower HP claims to lower insurance rates and to pass emissions tests. Thats why the 350 Chevy and the 302 Ford are two of the most successful engines used in their respective communities. Huge aftermarkets. Dodge Neon SRT-4. Turbo I-4, 215 hp., mid 13's in 1/4 mile, not sure about skid pad, but surely in the high .8-low .9 range. The ZO6 doesnt use some kind of huge engine, it uses a 350. Thats a little under 350 CI. It handles .97 in the skid, a mid 12 sec 1/4 mile, and if Im not mistaken, outhanlded a Turbo 911 and a Lotus at Nurumburg. This year, Ford is introducting the new "GT". 500 hp, 500 lb.ft, and im sure a huge skidpad rating. It will wipe the floor in ALMS, Le Mans series, etc.

You are right, there are no American compeitiors in F1. But, there are also no foreign competitors in NASCAR. Altought there are rumors of both series integrating. Anything else???????

Porshce uses forced induction, BMW uses 12 cylinders, Mercedes uses 12 cylinders, American manufactures use a simple method:
    There is ABSOLUTLEY NO replacement for displacement.
    Not a chance in hell a Mustang Cobra outhandles a Z06... not a chance in hell.
    Jay 13.3 @ 109 stock.

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    Not a chance in hell a Mustang Cobra outhandles a Z06... not a chance in hell.
    A Cobra R.

Do you not know what a Cobra R is????
    Give it hell.

its the concept stupid

They go around in circle, right. 200 miles an hour in a Ford Tarus/Chevy Monte Carlo/Dodge Intrepid.

Anyone can build a open wheel car and make it go 7000000 mph, but not many people can take a V8 and a stock car body and make it run 200 mph thru a turn.

C5R? GTS class?? talk some more. There are no American cars involved in F1. There are in WRC, and the Focus is somewhat successful. Who says technology is getting better? OHV, Americans have had it. OHC, Americans have had it. Variable timing, Americans have had it for years. We use the simple method. Our cars are just as fast, but we dont have to spend 10k plus making them. Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.
    Give it hell.

I like watching these threads, just to see some of the things being said. Its fun and its a sport on its own.

BTW, what do you drive guyt_x??? I see in your sig it says You Would Lose. Just wondering.

Dave
    1992 Mustang GT

Originally posted by 92GreenGT
    I like watching these threads, just to see some of the things being said. Its fun and its a sport on its own.

BTW, what do you drive guyt_x??? I see in your sig it says You Would Lose. Just wondering.

Dave
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...=&threadid=440

Fordmonster, the ford focus is not an american car. It is designed and built in germany. Stating that hp sell cars....etc is frankly bloody stupid when you consider the mathematical relationship between both power and torque. One does not exist without the other.

What nobody has been able to tell me yet on this site is why americans are so enamoured with torque (fine in itself) that they compromise peak power? you can have both if a motor is well engineered. Balance between high power and torque is best, and is very achievable. Consider TVR's engines. They have plenty of torque (like a US car) and stacks of power. Why settle for second best?

Originally posted by Nildo
    Fordmonster, the ford focus is not an american car. It is designed and built in germany. Stating that hp sell cars....etc is frankly bloody stupid when you consider the mathematical relationship between both power and torque. One does not exist without the other.

What nobody has been able to tell me yet on this site is why americans are so enamoured with torque (fine in itself) that they compromise peak power? you can have both if a motor is well engineered. Balance between high power and torque is best, and is very achievable. Consider TVR's engines. They have plenty of torque (like a US car) and stacks of power. Why settle for second best?
    Are you saying that American cars dont have torque and hp?? Or did you just confuse me??LOL HAHA I might be able to help you out once you answer my question.HAHA

Dave
    1992 Mustang GT

Originally posted by Nildo

Thats exactly what I was saying. You cant have horsepower without torque. What is the point in having 500 hp. and 6000 rpms, but only putting out 250 torque at the same number? American cars are extremely well when you considre the HP/Torque curve. If you can produce torque at low rpms, it converts to higher HP at higher RPMs.
    Last edited by FordMonster; 07-13-2003 at 08:07 PM.
    Give it hell.

going round in a circle at 200mph is boring

hahahaah who cares about what speed they do

going round in circle is so earth shatterly boring and requieres zero talent hence all those old farts win....

haha its actually comical to whatch the thought process of you retards

YOU DRIVE AROUND IN CIRLCES!!!!!!!

its that obvious but hahah you still make some lame point about a stock car doing 200mph have you ever watched DTM racing ??

or is your concentration span only able to follow cars around an oval track.

and for the last ****ing time the ford focus is a european designed car.

just face it american cars cant compete with international standards.

no one imports american cars...

people are falling all over themselves to get hold of imports from europe and japan.

even the gangster rapper people drive european cars in there music videos now why??

cos
    american cars cant compete with international standards.

hey guyt_x, do u remember stating the american spec wrx had a 2.5L engine to satisfy the american need for larger displacement engines? the american market actually gets the bigger engine because the 2.0L turbo doesnt pass american emission laws. i know this post is refering to a post at the start of the forum, but i cant help that

and nildo, correct me if im wrong, but dont ford america actually make their own ford focus's to keep up with their own demand

Thread Information