Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Official Spastik Citroen DS Pic Page...

The DS and the 2CV is parked in a garage. The DS stays there for the whole winter, but the 2CV sometimes get out to play in the snow

I found these pictures recently:
    http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=E4QR4S47

They were made by a fellow Citrophile in a museum in Castellane,Southern France. All the cars in the museum have a VERY low mileage and are as new.

I also have attached some DS pics taken by me at the 2006 Concours D'elegance Het Loo.
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-08-2008 at 02:21 AM.

And while I am at it, some SM shots
    Last edited by drakkie; 01-08-2008 at 02:21 AM.

The headlamps of the DS in the firs pic of post #47 look somewhat strange.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    The headlamps of the DS in the firs pic of post #47 look somewhat strange.
    That headlight treatment was of the US-spec version, where faired-in headlight covers were once considered illegal, and turning headlights were simply unconstitutional
    Last edited by nota; 01-02-2007 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    That headlight treatment was of the US-spec version, where faired-in headlight covers were once considered illegal, and turning headlights were simply unconstitutional
    that is correct.
    Here is an US-Spec SM shot earlier this year at the Silverstone Historics.

(Isn't the founding fathers constitution a work of perfect foresight?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Ahh, the Citroen DS, the Ford Taurus of the 1950s.

I found this one with headlight wipers, and thought it may be a worthy contribution.

Sweedish-spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    That is a complete insult to the hard work Citroen put into designing this car...

Excuse me?

The Citröen DS was one of the most advanced cars of its time. That is an utter, utter insult. You know nothing. The Ford Taurus was and still is a mainstream box of shite, whilst the DS is a beautiful piece of engineering that had self-levelling suspension, headlights that turned corners and was also extremely comfortable.

Plus, I never saw a President stepping into a Taurus- whereas de Gaulle did, and he managed to get away from criminals who shot out two of the tyres and peppered the bodywork with bullets.

Grow up, Prius. Some comeback you made.

Althought it may not seem it, the Taurus was a revolutionary car back in the day. It garnered a number of awards, and completely rewrote the rules for making a midsize sedan, all while saving Ford from bankrupcy.

it was just like teh DS, it was ahead of its time, with many design features that helped shape today's cars, suck as how the bumpers blended in with the design, or how the controls were driver oriented and reconigizible by touch, or how the dash wrapped around the driver.

You may deny , and call it a shitbox, but no matter how much you deny it, the Taurus was a revolutionary automobile. Cars today wouldn't be the same if it weren't for the Taurus.

yes, Ford let it age into a bland fleet special, but that stil doesn't change the fact that it completely rewrote the rules for making a car back when it came out.

I wish not to cause a flame war, but the faact remains, the Taurus was really an eighties DS.

And I don't see how I am being immature by simply having a different opinion than yours. I like the Taurus, you don't. I don't wish to combat that. You have a right to your own opinion, and I respect that.
    Last edited by Prius; 01-04-2007 at 05:36 PM.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

It was a revolutionary car in America, right after one of the worst fuel crises on record. Remember 1972 onwards, where all cars were strangled with emissions piping and catalytic converters? The 500cid Cadillac Eldorado had 190bhp.

And let's not forget the Corvettes at that time were as limp as 2-week old lettuce.

Now, if you had just come out of the Sahara and saw a cheese sandwich, you'd view it in possibly the same way that auto journalists of the time viewed the Taurus. Average at best, but looking at offerings of the time (the Fiero, for instance), it was applauded. Allow me to introduce our friend, 'Patriotism', into the mix. The American Dream involves having a nice Yank automobile parked on the driveway. So recommending a Civic over a Taurus wouldn't be too good, would it?

Now, to put that in perspective, the DS was made when there was a competition between automobiles. Some of the most beautiful cars in the world are from the '50s and '60s. Think carefully- the Ferrari 250 GTO, the Buick Roadmaster, the Jaguar XK150- all amazing cars. And now consider the fact that the Citröen DS stood head and shoulders above Italian exotics, British class and brash Americans for design and engineering.

Also take into consideration that the Citröen DS has been named the 'Product of the Century'.

Goodnight

I never meant to insult it, and I meant of comparing it to the Taurus to be a positive thing.

But, it did take many styling cues from European cars, I'll admit that. THe horsehair for seat support, teh composite headlamps, the sporty suspension, and the bumpers that wrapped into the design.

The Citroen DS is a great car. it still looks sleek and beautiful todau, fifty years after it was created. The DS is a great car, and it deserves to be reconigized. I didn't mean to insult it by comparing it to the Taurus, I meant it to be a positive thing.

I think a better car to compare teh DS with would be the Tucker. Innovative, new, and way ahead of its time. Only the DS was successful and went thirty years without any significant body redesign, while the Tucker tanked due to Big three conspiracies/gossip against Preston himself.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

I never meant to insult it, and I meant of comparing it to the Taurus to be a positive thing.
    Ahahahahaha

The Taurus was possibly the blandest, most predictable car ever. The DS was in a different league entirely. It's hard to believe they both came from the same planet.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 01-04-2007 at 07:59 PM.

What price this ultra rare DS Cabriolet with zero miles, in as-new condition?
    Citroen DS Cabriolet - ELECTRIC TOY CAR - fantastic collectors piece from the '60's - £1,795.00

Brand new with original box and charger. 4 feet long in plastic with 1st and reverse gears and brakes. One of these cars was given to every Citroen Dealer (one per dealer) in the '60's. The original charger was produced by TT Toys for Citroen. This is an absolute time-warp collectors piece from the '60's.

http://www.oldtimermanchester.com/details.asp?carID=35
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am sure this will be a candidate for some UCP award ceremonies at the end of this year.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information