Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help plz

help plz

does any1 kno y would your 0-60 time suddenly increase?? I got the spining wheel thing for my beemer, and suddenly my 0-60 time just decreased, cars like hondas beat me off a light that really pissin me off. why??

Quote Originally Posted by KOT
    does any1 kno y would your 0-60 time suddenly increase?? I got the spining wheel thing for my beemer, and suddenly my 0-60 time just decreased, cars like hondas beat me off a light that really pissin me off. why??
    Spinning wheel thing ? Do you want to explain.

oh and while you're doing that, the tradition here at UCP has a thing called the "Egg-Nog UCP Onwership Challenge" -- http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ship+challenge

So post the pic of your car and you'll find lots of helpful folks here at UCP
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Maybe he was talking about the 'spinner' rims
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

i dont quite know what you mean weather your getting wheel spin, or youve just purchased some spinners ( bling bling rims ) but if your cars 0-60 time is decreasing have you consided putting weight on?

he's most likely talking about spinners(rims that have a mounted spinner for the bling factor) the reason your car is slower is you just added more weight to your wheels and farther away from the axle(most likly went with 18-21 inchers) increasing rotational inertia and requiring more power to move. also decreasing your braking effectivness and gas mileage. if your looking for speed you should revise you wheel selection to some lightweight forged peices... or just go back to stock
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

If you have increased the diameter of your wheels, they will take longer to make a single rotation, therefore increasing the time it takes to accelerate the car.

Also you have probably added to the unsprung weight, which means that the wheel requires more effort to gain momentum.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 06-08-2004 at 03:32 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

bam! well done you car buffs
    you may think u look cool, but the only cool cars i know are the ones u never get to see the front of

Yeah, I sure hope you didn't mount spinners on your car and hope to get a performance gain...

1) There's more total weight on your car = less acceleration
    2) There's far more rotational weight = significantly less acceleration
    3) Larger diameter wheels = significantly less acceleration

4) Spinning chrome wheels... = more "bling", I suppose?

ya, rims dude. what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Yeah, I sure hope you didn't mount spinners on your car and hope to get a performance gain...

1) There's more total weight on your car = less acceleration
    2) There's far more rotational weight = significantly less acceleration
    3) Larger diameter wheels = significantly less acceleration

4) Spinning chrome wheels... = more "bling", I suppose?

well ya dude, not to gain performance. it's just tight dude. more "pimp" as some ppl say

or as i say "a useless waste of metal, ball bearings, and money..."
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

spinning rims are full of usefulness what are u talkin about, u can grate ur cheese on it, stick ur friend's face up to it cuz he said seinfield sucked, attach a wooden stick and a shoe so u can kick ur own ass for buying totally useless things for ur car

ya, rims dude. what else?
    Did you expect the performance related to anything else to change when you installed only rims? Well... I guess your braking distances will be decreased quite a bit... what else?

well obviously ur performance will decrease in some way since theres more weight that ur car is pulling...but if u got spinners what the hells the point in performance?...just roll down the streets nice and slow, then stop!! and let em keep spinnin baby!

if u loose some weight somewhere else on the drivetrain it will lessen the effect, but why dont u do that and just use forged wheels instead of those "spinners", if u want performance then ur gonna have to sacrifice something, oh btw what bmw do u have?

Thread Information