Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chevrolet Corvette (C7) Stingray Z06 2014-

Where does that leave you? The Viper? The healthy aftermarket of the C6 Z06?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I do apologize for the rant. That car is a bit of a sore spot to me, as I was really looking forward to it.

As for alternatives, I think the '08-'10 Viper ACR looks interesting. I already have an LS7 -- a 2013 427 -- but it's a convertible and far from a track car.
    Turning money into memories.

We need more rants like these.

Speaking of which, what about that?

GM Denies 2015 Corvette Z06's Rumored 6:59.13 Nürburgring Lap Time, Says "Is Not Correct"
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't think this is any different from Aston Martin claiming that the DB4 had more power than it actually produced. All manufacturers lie, and will do anything and everything to get journalists to say good things about their cars.

Case in point, Ferrari and Chris Harris' spat about Ferrari fabricating good opinions. If they did make good cars, they wouldn't have to push things in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    We need more rants like these.

Speaking of which, what about that?

GM Denies 2015 Corvette Z06's Rumored 6:59.13 Nürburgring Lap Time, Says "Is Not Correct"
    Horsepowerkings is getting close to becoming the automotive version of The Onion. Take it for what it's worth, but said rumor also included a 2 minute cool-down period halfway around the track.

Tadge Juechter has publicly stated that they weren't able to get a clean run in on the Nordschleife; bad weather, accidents, and so on. I doubt a private owner will be able to take a shot at it under the same circumstances as GM had, so unless they do go back, I don't know if we'll ever see that all-important, manufacturer claimed time.

I'm guessing the return to the Nordschleife will only happen once they've gotten their hardware issues resolved. There's no way that car, as it is right now, is going to be able to run flat out for 7 minutes and some change without losing a significant amount of power.

On that note, if the C7Z really had done a sub-7 time, it would have been all sorts of magnificent. I really hope it does one day.
    Turning money into memories.

Thread Information