Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2004 Le Mans 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    Maserati backed by Ferrari can do it .. and th Aston Martin is a Factory car .. built and Developed by the same Prodrive team ..
    Prodrive did the Ferrari's.
    That is NOT FACTORY support.
    It's specilist support with factory backing.
    Only IN a factiry can all things be considered, discussed an dunderstood. Too many things are company confidential at the level of the peak of tuning and performacne.
    Lamborghini will be a semi-works team ..
    Semi is NOT full factory and won't compete !!
    The Maserati it is belived that they will be able to lap in the low 40's .. . the only concern i have . is that i don't know what tires they're using ..
    More the fuel consumption to worry about !!
    Many 'hares' have bene created for Le Mans. In the end the fuel-guzzlers have usually been beaten by the 'tortoises'
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by NAZCA C2
    Why don't they make a Esperante GTS car? Look how good the Prodrive Ferrari team has done (excluding this years Le Mans).
    I like the prototypes and I think they have their place, like F1, technology developed for the race cars benefits the road cars.

I don't believe that a GTS car could win, unless they had a 100% flawless race whilst all the LM1 cars were having huge difficulties.
    Yes the Corvette was 6th, but it was 5 laps (43 miles) down on the 5th place car, a car which had to be rebuilt, and was therefore stationary in the pits for a significant length of time.
    It was 34 laps (292 miles) down on the Goh Audi, which also had its share of problems.
    Thanks for all the fish

there was no support from ferrari . just a blessing . . .and i would not worry fuel consumption.. the 550 was ok in that departament .
    Prodrive will be for Aston as is Pratt&Miller for GM. . they build and develope the Corvette
    off course next year Corvette will be strong again with the C6-R . that if they can make it competitive from the start . (if I remember it took a lot of time to make the C5-R competitive . it lost a lot of race to the Viper in the beginning) . but they will have a stiffer opposition then ever . and that's very good for GTS.. and probably LeMans(although it needs a strong factory LMP1 field too )
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

for the GTS to win they wil have to change the regs .. weight and aero . cause the power is already there +600BHP
    there is just winning

Well im not happy...prodrive didnt win...i support the teams that support my catirgorys (v8 super cars....although their doint quite pathetically this year) and even more unhappier that Brabbam Retierd from the race
    To be perfectly honest i like more road going cars in it...like our 24 hour its class A is cars like lambos and proches and stuff that are set up for 24 hour raceing...the still resemble their road going counterpartsonly just have a better enduro set up....gives me something to asscoicate with and then there group B cars...similar to group a but there more sedate cars similar to the BTCC cars...and then group C road cars set up for raceing under $100,000...and it gos dwon all way to E stock cars and F invitational....

Look at the driver names... Danes on winning teams in both GTS and LM groups.
    Probably the only UCP member without a car D:

thank god Lister didn't won
    there is just winning

Thread Information