Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst car you've ever driven...

Ford Taurus, Ford Falcon, Mazda 323... Hm. Guys, you have never driven russian cars.If All that you named compare with russian VAZ,GAZ,UAZ... it sound like you're comparing Mercedes S600 with Opel Kadett. Russian VAZ 2106 (this number mean nothing) is the copy of Fiat 124 Which was produced in 70s with negligible differences. It doesn't have ABS, any airbags, power steering, air conditioning... It has nothing. And this is the 21st century. Another models more modern, but they still havent ABS, air conditioning... No one russian car has automatic transmission. The most powerfull VAZ cars have Opel 150 hp engine (only for order) or russian 98 hp engine. GAZ Volga has almost 5 metres of lenght and has 2.4 l, 4 cylinder 130 hp engine. Only this year it 's produced with independent front suspension. The crash testes showed that only one russian car will keep the life of driver and passenger. (EURONCAP method) That's fun, isn't it?
    "too wild to live, too thin to die"

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Welcome to my world...the sunny does that too
    Im lucky enough to of never been the designated driver Why doesnt he save up the $100 a month for about 5 months...thatll get him something drivable....
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ead.php?t=4229

He's renting the civic as somewhat of a commuter vehicle... see the link above for his "drivable" car

hilman hunter -paykan highline

Hey my mum used to have A Hillman Hunter! They're grooovy little cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Hey my mum used to have A Hillman Hunter! They're grooovy little cars!
    they suck,all i can say

Quote Originally Posted by SL500
    hilman hunter -paykan highline
    well the Paykan was a bit of a disaster.
    Take a car and engien designed in the 60s, components made in Britian in the WORST of it's union troubles and have them assembled in Iran, in a new factory with new recently trained locals.

That any of the crates arrived with all the parts in surprised most folks !!
    ( I spent a short spell working for Chrysler UK in the 70s )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I spent a short spell working for Chrysler UK in the 70s
    good for you
    btw,im from iran

I guesed that with the reference to the Paykan

are there any still around ?
    In India you STILL find the Morris Oxfords driving around.
    That was a 60's version of the 'hunter' deal.

British companies would palm-off old production to countries looking to get an auto industry started. Was the hunter manufacturing ever moved to Iran ? I only remember the kits being shipped in crates.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I found a hillman hunter in the paper the other day...it was a $100 special...i wanted to buy it to go bush in but was told not too

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    I found a hillman hunter in the paper the other day...it was a $100 special...i wanted to buy it to go bush in but was told not too
    good advice, unlikely to get past the first pothole !!

NOT a great car Won endurance rally, but the only parts common were the wings !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The Hindustan Ambassador is still the most used car for civil servants I think, I spent many unhappy hours in these things, and also in Indian traffic.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

good advice, unlikely to get past the first pothole !!

NOT a great car Won endurance rally, but the only parts common were the wings !!!
    Oh and here i was thinking london to sydney winnin car....funny howe the XT falcon that came third was mostly stock....and it must be fairly ordinary if it made it past your scottish patrioisum

My friend's Fiat (I believe it's a Fiat UNO). From the 80's and with 250,000Km on it. The engine is one of the smallest I've seen but makes more noise than a truck, slow as hell, bumpy ride and almost impossible to get it into reverse.
    We call it "El Turbo" But that's just for fun. The other nick it has is "La Chatarra" which I believe its right translation would be "Driftwood"

But it used to take us from A to B in Vzla and at least it's a car that thiefs won't look at

I guesed that with the reference to the Paykan

are there any still around ?
    That was a 60's version of the 'hunter' deal.

British companies would palm-off old production to countries looking to get an auto industry started. Was the hunter manufacturing ever moved to Iran ? I only remember the kits being shipped in crates.
    yes,theyre alot of them here in iran-taxi,even police(LOL!)....
    theyre cheap,and looks like crap,i hate them,theyre noisy,uncomfortable,weak(heavy and 1600i engine 4 inline-about 76 bhp @ 4500 rpm i dont know how much torque it produce)
    most of them have a hard steering wheel-hard for spin-and many more problems,its actually 1 am and i cant think about them,sorry ill give you more infos of them
    in my country,are peugeot 405 rear drive!with paykan highline engines,piece of crap indeed,they are aweful
    bye for now

Mercury Mystique (Ford Contour). To be specific my dad's mystique, I hate to be say this because it makes me seem like an import noob but american engineering sucks, this car doesnt have the ability to close the vents so ur constantly eating the exhaust from the car infront of you, no heated mirrors, the power steering broke 1 day after the warrentee expired which meant turning became a chore. I've had a bad history with american cars, of the 3 accidents i've been in throughout my life (none caused by me), all 3 involved an american car. Obviously this doesn't mean anything but its just bad karma. The 2 other cars our household owns is a Honda Accord 98 EX V6 which I addore and a 99 Corrolla LE which is my sister's. If I had to quantify my love/hate of these 3 cars I'd say the accord gets a full score of 10. corolla a 7 and the mystique a 1 just because it moves.

Thread Information