Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: fastest speed in a car ?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Ways to annoy other users:

1) Revive an old, dead thread, being the first one to post in it for more than three months.

2) Not read through the said thread, where you likely would've discovered that his comment was sarcastic.

3) Insult a funny, well-respected member.

I'll keep that in mind

nothing big myself 160 kph....It was kindof scary ^_^;
    www.upper6.com
    For those who have nothing better to do

250 km/h in my auto limited Audi RS4...
    Mercedes 600SEL (WRECKED)
    Audi RS4

lemme see now.......
    240 kph in a nissan bluebird
    240 kph in a landcruiser, was racin agaisnt a maxima...wich beat us!
    um
    180/200 is once-in-a-month thing here....

i love speed!
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

145 km/h in my 80 satsun sunny and believe me thats scary 3 tyers are bald even with the windows closed it still lets most of the wind in and the engines screaming like a barking owl (very unplesnt experiance that one if you dont know what they sound like consider yourself lucky)
    uhh 115 mph in my old mans datsun 1000 cough he doesnt know about that one cough cough thats about 185 km/h
    And there was the 225 km/h in my brothers XB we that was the highest speed and we averaged 160 km/h we made it to batemans in just over an hour (usually 3 hour drive) we would of made it there faster if the demister worked the windows fogged up and we slowed down to 140 untill we could see again and before you ask hes much smarter now that was like 7 years ago...unfornuatly im not that smart yet.

200 in a nissan maxima
    200 in a BMW 330i
    180 in my civic
    like 150 in a z3 2.0
    180 in a honda odyssey
    180 in a nissan -terra
    180 in a VW passat v6
    180 in a Honda accord v6

i'm afraid to pass speeds of 180-200 kph
    MaJuLpEñO! CoOl, FrEsH, nAtUrAl PeOpLe!! (CCK)

I suppose I should update my list:

Me not driving:
    190km/h in a 2002 911 Carrera4S
    185km/h in a 1985 Toyota MR2 (In fourth gear!)
    195km/h in an Infinity G20 Sedan

Me Driving:
    165km/h in a Jetta TDI

I've done 125mph ( 185kmh ) in a Renault Espace ( people carrier/MPV ) with family of 5 and box on the top for luggage !!
    Downhill on a German autobahn with very little traffic
    and it wasn't the V6 model. The hill made the differemce !!!!

pretty fast as a passenger in a lotus espirit

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I've done 125mph ( 185kmh ) in a Renault Espace ( people carrier/MPV ) with family of 5 and box on the top for luggage !!
    Downhill on a German autobahn with very little traffic
    and it wasn't the V6 model. The hill made the differemce !!!!
    I think your math needs a little work 1 mile = 1.609344 kilometers therefore 125mph = 201km/h
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by mechanixfetch
    I think your math needs a little work 1 mile = 1.609344 kilometers therefore 125mph = 201km/h
    Oh shit, even scarier whn I compare it to other km/h speeds !!
    It was a UK Espace and the mph is the correct one.

Shouldn't try to do math late at night after a wee dram

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    Damn who can cruise at 120km/h in a Porsche??? If I have bought this car it's for the speed not for relaxing on a highway...
    < BadBoys in bad toys >
    And, if you've got the money to buy a porsche then i would've thought you'd have the money to take the car to a race track. I get the impression you like high speed driving on a regular basis and quite honestly (in my opinion) it's damn stupid - you're going more than twice as fast as other road users. Yes you may have noticed i've posted about doing 175mph in germany - Once, and once only because when you're doing that kinda speed and a car pulls out in front of you at 70mph (as happened in my case) it's VERY difficult to take over 100mph off your speed to avoid hitting them, hence never again. That was on an unrestricted autobahn with other cars still doing up to 150mph,yet it still happened - you can't predict what other drivers are about to do. Go to a track. It's the best place to be

Quote Originally Posted by semtex
    And, if you've got the money to buy a porsche then i would've thought you'd have the money to take the car to a race track. I get the impression you like high speed driving on a regular basis and quite honestly (in my opinion) it's damn stupid - you're going more than twice as fast as other road users. Yes you may have noticed i've posted about doing 175mph in germany - Once, and once only because when you're doing that kinda speed and a car pulls out in front of you at 70mph (as happened in my case) it's VERY difficult to take over 100mph off your speed to avoid hitting them, hence never again. That was on an unrestricted autobahn with other cars still doing up to 150mph,yet it still happened - you can't predict what other drivers are about to do. Go to a track. It's the best place to be
    There is no track in Switzerland it's prohibited. I don't want to loose 4 hours just for going in a track in France or in Germany. And when I'm doing high speed on the highway the road is empty, I will not go fast when the road is full it's damn stupid. I know what I'm doing and I'm not a 18 years child like you can think. The week-end, the highways in Switzerland are empty. It's a little country you know.
    I think every Porsche 911 owners don't buy this kind of car just for the track.
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by semtex
    And, if you've got the money to buy a porsche then i would've thought you'd have the money to take the car to a race track. I get the impression you like high speed driving on a regular basis and quite honestly (in my opinion) it's damn stupid - you're going more than twice as fast as other road users.
    Have you ever seen Gumball3000?? So I think you will say there are all stupid... but me I love that. that's the difference between you and me.

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    2004 Mini Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Swissbeatz
    There is no track in Switzerland it's prohibited. I don't want to loose 4 hours just for going in a track in France or in Germany.
    I think every Porsche 911 owners don't buy this kind of car just for the track.
    Is that all it takes to get there? hell its a good 3 odd hours to get to sydney here doing to posted limit. And i personlly dont think there would be manyowenrs buying porsches to take onto the track i think that would only be an after thought such an expensive car+crash=disaster! Not to mention lack of transport for a time.

And I just want to say that, it's not dangerous to drive fast. It becomes dangerous when you are drunk or fly or you are doing others things like using your mobile phone.
    If you are not an experimented driver don't try to do speed cause you have not good skills. But I you pay good attention to the traffic and you know what you are doing, you will not crash. How many accidents you have noticed in Gumball?? Personaly I think that it's not the speed who kills but stupid drivers who try to prove something. Don't act fool.
    Last edited by Swissbeatz; 02-03-2004 at 07:46 PM.

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    2004 Mini Cooper

Thread Information