Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Your Dream Car (THATS in your reach)

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    for warm hatches clios are great, i'd have a 182, before an 8 track badge.
    I think IWAA and I were trying to stick to cars we could actually hope to afford to drive in the not-too-distant future. The insurance for RenaultSport Clios for 18/19 year olds would cost us more than the cars, either that or the insurance companies would simply refuse us insurance.

Again, great cars, the Sport Clios. Evo seems to think the latest 197 has lost some of the spark of the 182's...have you read Evo's Car of the Year edition for 2006?

Clivey- just checked the classifieds. The 160bhp Cupra is around £12k!

I'll look at the 130bhp edition, however. That seems to be a good buy. The mid-range shove is most important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    Clivey- just checked the classifieds. The 160bhp Cupra is around £12k!

I'll look at the 130bhp edition, however. That seems to be a good buy. The mid-range shove is most important for me.
    I realised when I checked on Autotrader, that's why I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    The Curpa TDi is a recent addition to the model line up, therefore the oldest cars on Autotrader are 2004 "04-reg" and a fraction under £10,000. Wait a couple of years and see that figure tumble. IMO a better car than the Fabia, looks much nicer too. It's a very good looking car.
    By "oldest" I also meant the 130BHP models. Still, if the prices were similar for similarly aged cars, I'd rather have the Ibiza than the Fabia. I like the curvy shape, it looks Italian and from some angles kind of like an Alfa. The interior's nicer too.

On a side note, I was once a passenger when my mum took a test drive in a Fabia 1.2 (65BHP) S and I noticed the ride's quite harsh. It's not as though it's a sporty model with lowered suspension either. It just seemed to be jittering a lot over bumps.

I think IWAA and I were trying to stick to cars we could actually hope to afford to drive in the not-too-distant future. The insurance for RenaultSport Clios for 18/19 year olds would cost us more than the cars, either that or the insurance companies would simply refuse us insurance.

Again, great cars, the Sport Clios. Evo seems to think the latest 197 has lost some of the spark of the 182's...have you read Evo's Car of the Year edition for 2006?
    i havent read that. the 197 is still an exceptional car, if no faster and a little less comunicatable. insurance is an issue, i suppose.
    autozine.org

a little less comunicatable.
    That's exactly what they were referring to. Still, love the car. I actually like the yellow F1 special edition. The interior needs to be a little more special though and the gearstick is far too long.

One thing I don't understand is the discreet exhausts, it has a wide bodykit and wing vents...it's not designed to be subtle. It is done in good taste though (i.e. it doesn't look like a "Max Power" experiment gone wrong).

My main concern with the latest generation of 'Superminis' (Clio, 207, Corsa) though is that they're not exactly 'mini' any more. They're getting towards the same size as a Mk4 Astra 3-door, and I know for a fact the equivalent new Corsa to mine is over 100kgs heavier and much slower.

I realised when I checked on Autotrader, that's why I said:

By "oldest" I also meant the 130BHP models. Still, if the prices were similar for similarly aged cars, I'd rather have the Ibiza than the Fabia. I like the curvy shape, it looks Italian and from some angles kind of like an Alfa. The interior's nicer too.

On a side note, I was once a passenger when my mum took a test drive in a Fabia 1.2 (65BHP) S and I noticed the ride's quite harsh. It's not as though it's a sporty model with lowered suspension either. It just seemed to be jittering a lot over bumps.
    Sorry. Missed that post!

The 130bhp one is all I'll ever need- my friend has the A4 with the same engine, and it really does move! Up to 130mph... with 5 people aboard...

I'll probably leave it a couple of years before buying a new car.

The Fabia is a bit low-rent compared to the SEAT and VW variants, but it's a good car for the money. In isolation, it's a bit shit really!

Sam, buy the Panda. Diesels aren't as rewarding...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Sam, buy the Panda. Diesels aren't as rewarding...
    But they have more torque, torque is good
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

petrols have torque too....
    autozine.org

petrols have torque too....
    No shit. lol, but I'm just saying that the diesels may have less power but they have more torque so they'd be more fun, probably.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    But they have more torque, torque is good
    But the Panda (unlike the other two) weights under a ton, which should make it a riot on twisty country roads.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

i find it hard to define "rewarding to drive" although i know exactly what you mean. can someone else do it. i guess it includes tactile controls and a a communicating chassis

i havent really driven a diesel for long nor a particularly rewarding petrol (my subaru lacks punch) so cant really input too much comments in.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by IWAARS6
    The 130bhp one is all I'll ever need
    I'll remember this if you ever ask to borrow my keys
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Well, my 3 is leaving me this December, so right now, I may be able to afford a 535i/530xi depending on whether or not I want to go all-wheel or not. Also have my sights on a 335i in Montego Blue Metalic w/ a sport package.

Either way, I'm definately sure I'll be starting off 2008 with another BMW.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    I'll remember this if you ever ask to borrow my keys
    Speaking of which, when's delivery expected? (You don't mind if I pop down to Gaydon for a little thrash [in the name of science] first, do you? )

Thread Information