Thread: 2024 Subaru Forester

2024 Subaru Forester

A change in the stable here. Our 2001 Forester sprung a big leak in the sunroof and has surpassed 297000 miles, so we decided to call it a day and buy a new car. My dad really likes the Forester, even though I'm indifferent, but since it would be primarily my parents' car, I don't really have a say. So we got a 2024 Forester. I've driven it once, and it's a decent driving car. It's definitely taller and bigger than the prior Forester, but visibility is still very good. I'm glad we got the last of the 2024 Foresters because the 2025 Forest switches to Subaru's primarily touchscreen center console which I very much dislike. At least there are still physical climate control buttons. The car does have Android Auto and Apple Car Play, which is very much preferred over any carmaker's software. It is not a wireless system though. The mat where you place your phone is way too small and once you plug in your phone there isn't much room for the wire to go. I also don't like the CVT, but it gets the job done. In any case, the Honda HR-V is still my car, so I won't really be driving the Forester.

We decided to finance the car with $10,000 and $550 or so a month over 3 years with a 2.9% interest rate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The instrument cluster on the old Forester. 297k miles. A bit more as we added a few more miles before the dealer took it in for $100 as a trade in.

I think they're going to end up crushing the car.

Surprisingly enough, the 2024 Forester is still made in Japan, I would have thought it would be made in North America. Made in Gunma. My HR-V is made in Mexico.

On a side note, I was poking around the dealer lot and apparently the Dodge Hornet will be sold at sticker price for $46k. I don't think they're worth $46k in my opinion.

Thread Information