Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: next gen honda NSX scrapped.

I'll post a pic I drew of my own design for the next NSX. Everyone here know's how I draw, so you know it's gonna look nice. I just hope Honda is looking. Also, the main reason they scrapped the NSX was not cause of this new "boxster fighter". It was because they're developing a new, now get this, W-Tech engine. By connecting to V6's together, like Volkswagen, they can retain a higher compression ratio, and improve both fuel economy and performance. I wouldn't be surprised if the new NSX break ground with over 500hp and AWD.
    The ability for outward expression is dependent on substance...

Yes, they are trying to make the new NSX to get about 400 B/hp.. or more...
    Walk down the river

- Cause the river dont run...

How many times in the past when something good got changed it was worse than before? Many times.
    I think the NSX was as good as it could get so there is never going to be a wordy replacement. I think they will probably try and imitate other supercars and they wont stay close to what the NSX was.

If they just brought back the NSX with a more powerful engine then that would be a good replacement. Changing anything else would just ruin everything.
    Real cars are not FWD.
    FWD at it's best -
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6FBCAADF-B7CB-432C-B938-01EB06BD83CE.htm

If they just brought back the NSX with a more powerful engine then that would be a good replacement. Changing anything else would just ruin everything.
    Exactly, its a shame that they stop producing the NSX -.-
    Walk down the river

- Cause the river dont run...

its so fked up how the 3.2 litre engine produces such crappy specific output per litre

like when compared with the F series which put out 120 hp/litre in it's earlier format its a wonder why they dont tune it the same way in the nsx, its not like the other manufacturers havnt broken that 280hp agreement, and unlike the 2000 the 3.2 liters will produce enough torque for everyday driving so the harsh tuning wont compromise driveability ... a few more reinforcements here and there will get the chassis rigidity back up to industry standards too, these modifications cant be that costly, afterall they're just applying technology they already have ...

I didnt like the car at first like many, but after looking at the car and seeing it in person it looks all right and i wouldnt mind having one with a different engine in it.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    They can get 320hp out of a N/A v6...why have it turbo'd? If it was turbo'd, I'd want 400hp at least. Besides, they'd need at least 400hp to make it a credible competitor.

IF you want what you say you want just get a current NSX and buy a bodykit for it or something... and add a turbo..
    sorry i meant more like 370 to 400

im sure they can increase the specific output of the engine to 110+ bhp/litre, with adjustments to the vtec and compression alone this is possible, switching to a free flow exhaust, header, hi flow cold air intake would put this as high as 120bhp/litre. its a shame why they dont actually do it since the handling potential of the nsx is still greater then many of it's modern competitors, it just doesnt have the grunt to compete on the straits

Thread Information