Page 359 of 470 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,385 of 7050

Thread: The "I just saw a...." thread

I saw a Saleen Mustang today. White, with the body kit and all. Seems like it's a full kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    This afternoon I saw an X5M, being driven by an imbecile;
    Well, you'd have to be an imbecile to buy one so that makes sense..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

So I was at the Vancouver International Auto Show this year (wouldn't miss it for my own funeral) and I saw some pretty noteworthy cars. Among them were 1 of the 20 produced Lamborghini Reventons, a Rolls Royce Phantom convertible. Think they referred to it as a Ghost? They had a matte black SLR roadster, as well as the new gullwing mercedes SLS. I've got pictures on the fiancé's camera and will try to get them on here for you guys as soon as I get my hands on the thing. Awesome car show to say the very least. It just gets better every year I go there .

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    So I was at the Vancouver International Auto Show this year (wouldn't miss it for my own funeral) and I saw some pretty noteworthy cars. Among them were 1 of the 20 produced Lamborghini Reventons, a Rolls Royce Phantom convertible. Think they referred to it as a Ghost? They had a matte black SLR roadster, as well as the new gullwing mercedes SLS. I've got pictures on the fiancé's camera and will try to get them on here for you guys as soon as I get my hands on the thing. Awesome car show to say the very least. It just gets better every year I go there .
    The Ghost is the mini Phantom. I think the convertible is just the Phantom drophead.

Funny you should say that the car show gets better and better- the NY Auto Show has been getting cheaper and cheaper with things. They used to give out plenty of posters, car brochures, etc. Now they've pulled back big time. And the concept cars are more like semi-production cars than anything else.

Not that I mind, but that makes for a boring show. The Toyota FT-86 wasn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The Ghost is the mini Phantom. I think the convertible is just the Phantom drophead.

Funny you should say that the car show gets better and better- the NY Auto Show has been getting cheaper and cheaper with things. They used to give out plenty of posters, car brochures, etc. Now they've pulled back big time. And the concept cars are more like semi-production cars than anything else.

Not that I mind, but that makes for a boring show. The Toyota FT-86 wasn't even there.
    Your guys' downtuned show is probably still far better than our improving one. Its the big apple vs Vancouver BC lol. Maybe they're gradually sending all their good stuff my way .

I drove behind a silver SLR yesterday. The guy was going really slow constantly pushing his brakes for no reason whatsoever and somewhat swerving over the road. Probably test driving a car that wasn't his and not knowing the dimensions of the car. He was driving over-carefully.
    I then proceded to push him aside and got past him. People who drive like that scare me and I always want to get the hell away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I drove behind a silver SLR yesterday. The guy was going really slow constantly pushing his brakes for no reason whatsoever and somewhat swerving over the road. Probably test driving a car that wasn't his and not knowing the dimensions of the car. He was driving over-carefully.
    I then proceded to push him aside and got past him. People who drive like that scare me and I always want to get the hell away.
    If was a new SLR its either a pissed up/coked up banker or an old man.
    "This car is about as refined as a Glaswegian dock worker after 10 cans of special brew"

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    Saw a black Lamborghini Gallardo at lunchtime (not really my sort of car, but I thought I'd mention it anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Your guys' downtuned show is probably still far better than our improving one. Its the big apple vs Vancouver BC lol. Maybe they're gradually sending all their good stuff my way .
    I guess. Maybe I should check out Vancouver's car show more often then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I hate those guys too. Don't know where they want to go. Annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by franfran View Post
    Saw a black Lamborghini Gallardo at lunchtime (not really my sort of car, but I thought I'd mention it anyway)
    Considering the type of cars you post pictures of, I would agree too.

White 500 EsseEsse.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

some intersting assorted things: a Conti GT last night, a 4 door 57 Bel Air, GT3, and miata with numbers and assorted decals on it driving through town this morning.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

afternoon got better. took the rx out for a drive, and saw a hell of a line of cars. it included about a dozen first gen 911s, a couple race prepped 914s, some healeys, a TR-4 or 2, and an E-type. all very shiny and cleaned up.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

saw a new Elise in white parked at the chevron this morning. I love those cars but I hope they give it a face lift soon so it looks less like a martian insect and more like the demon quick little track monster that it is.

KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I totally didn't see that one coming. They pretty much did everything I hoped they would with it. I would go so far as to say it looks perfect to me now. Thanks Leon, that made my day .

Thread Information