Page 367 of 470 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 7050

Thread: The "I just saw a...." thread

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I don't understand though, since the WRX is a sedan, and the Civic is a 2 door, how'd he transfer over the pillars, and the wheelbase and all?
    Custom fab'ed front wings, blocking the doors back a little, re-doing the rear arches... with enough jiggery-pokery, it can be done.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Custom fab'ed front wings, blocking the doors back a little, re-doing the rear arches... with enough jiggery-pokery, it can be done.
    And those Canadians love their jiggery-pokery.

CRX with matte black paint, giant hood scoop, gold wheels, and F1 looking rear wing attached to the top-rear.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

today I poked my head inside the Ducati store and salivated over the usuals. Among them still the same D16 RR that hasn't sold yet. Price now lowered to $65,000 plus tax. Also, 1098 with Zard pipes, 1198S in black with red frame, and a very beautiful 848 Dark with its typical matte black paint job that looks so incredibly worthy of being in the next batman movie.
    On the road today, a yellow 996 Turbo cab, titanium grey 997 S, black 987 S, red Testarossa, black E39 M5, and my father's RAV4 Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    today I poked my head inside the Ducati store and salivated over the usuals. Among them still the same D16 RR that hasn't sold yet. Price now lowered to $65,000 plus tax. Also, 1098 with Zard pipes, 1198S in black with red frame, and a very beautiful 848 Dark with its typical matte black paint job that looks so incredibly worthy of being in the next batman movie.
    On the road today, a yellow 996 Turbo cab, titanium grey 997 S, black 987 S, red Testarossa, black E39 M5, and my father's RAV4 Ltd.
    i kinda wish i hadn't sold my ducati, but on the other hand, i have zero use for a motorbike
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i kinda wish i hadn't sold my ducati, but on the other hand, i have zero use for a motorbike
    What was it?

idk, some 80's pantah 500 SL. i think it was a chick's bike. found it with some ridiculous low mileage on it, like 13000km.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Come on... Ducatis aren't chick bikes. And i mean, your Ducati couldn't have been worse than the MZ BK350 i've owned^^ That thing had two-stroke power

uhm...saw the entire thuringian muscle car club today. I saw a first gen Dodge Charger, seven Mustangs form different years (mainly Mustang I and II), two Challengers and an Olds 442, followed by a 70s Camaro. Awesome cars in very good condition. What a pity that my cam is still knocked out
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Sydney, Australia - in a Castle in the Hills
    Here's what I saw today:

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    What's so special about a Ducati motorbike? I'd prefer a Suzuki or Yamaha. Just curious is all.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    Come on... Ducatis aren't chick bikes. And i mean, your Ducati couldn't have been worse than the MZ BK350 i've owned^^ That thing had two-stroke power
    I think he meant that it was female owned due to the low kilometreage.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    My auto teacher has a Ducati bike. He's a dude.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Thats exactly how I feel right now, and I'm very close to caving on myself and picking another one up. I already look upon all the other people on two wheels out there with great jealously, let alone the Ducati riders. Biking is such an awesome experience. Much more fun than driving a car to be honest. Riding a Ducati makes it that much better too.

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    What's so special about a Ducati motorbike? I'd prefer a Suzuki or Yamaha. Just curious is all.
    Starting with how much sexier they are than 90% of the other bikes out there, the way the power comes on, and that unique sound of engine combined with dry clutch hammering away. Everyone has their own personal reasons for preferring a bike, but those are a big three why people love Ducs....and now I really want mine back .

I forgot to add that having a Duc is also about passion and emotion. Much the same reason why someone would buy a Ferrari over say a GT-R that would otherwise spank it for less than half the price. There is a great rush of feelings that come into play with riding/driving something so special.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 04-22-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I think he meant that it was female owned due to the low kilometreage.
    no no, the guy who owned it went missing in burma a year after he bought it (so the story goes).
    i mean i thought it was a chick's bike due to it's looks etc etc. but i don't really know anything about them, it was just an impression

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Thats exactly how I feel right now, and I'm very close to caving on myself and picking another one up. I already look upon all the other people on two wheels out there with great jealously, let alone the Ducati riders. Biking is such an awesome experience. Much more fun than driving a car to be honest. Riding a Ducati makes it that much better too.

Starting with how much sexier they are than 90% of the other bikes out there, the way the power comes on, and that unique sound of engine combined with dry clutch hammering away. Everyone has their own personal reasons for preferring a bike, but those are a big three why people love Ducs....and now I really want mine back .
    yeah but.. what would you do in winter? wouldn't that be a lot of money tied up in a bike you can't use?

A 3 doors first gen Range Rover converted into a cabriolet.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

yeah but.. what would you do in winter? wouldn't that be a lot of money tied up in a bike you can't use?
    It is you're right . I did however reap the benefits of making that difficult decision the first time around. I would be in a good position now, but yea winter sucks ass for not being able to ride. The summers here are amazing enough to make up for it though.

Thread Information