View Poll Results: Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6 vs Nissan 350Z vs Mazda RX8 vs Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6

7 8.33%
  • Nissan 350Z

30 35.71%
  • Mazda RX8

26 30.95%
  • Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6

21 25.00%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6 vs Nissan 350Z vs Mazda RX8 vs Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post

I think I saw less Crossfire than Zondas. And I turn my head when I see one, but in the opposite direction.
    yes, don't want to throw up on your shoes, haha.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

my mother drives a crossfire, i have a G35 (a big fat Z) and i have to say that the crossfire is a horrible car. as previously mentioned, the interior is horrible. seats are uncomfortable, and the proportions of the car around you are all wrong, you simultaneously feel huge and tiny. it is fairly quick, but it doesnt have the confidence in handling that you get from the FM chassis cars.

all in all.. avoid the crossfire, get a Z.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    i'd pick the 350Z. the RX8 is a car i would never really want to drive. im not a fan of rotary engines. i don't like the way their built let alone how they suck up fuel and what not. the GTV is a very nice looking car. the Crossfire. i like that car. but i don't love it. i'd love it if it wasn't on the ancient SLK platform/ chassis. lets not forget those awful interiors.
    i like the 1st one, but the bottom right looks like something out of a Kia and the one on the bottom left looks like a poor excuse for a " luxury " sports car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cargirl1990; 06-09-2009 at 07:50 AM.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    i'd pick the 350Z. the RX8 is a car i would never really want to drive. im not a fan of rotary engines. i don't like the way their built let alone how they suck up fuel and what not. the GTV is a very nice looking car. the Crossfire. i like that car. but i don't love it. i'd love it if it wasn't on the ancient SLK platform/ chassis. lets not forget those awful interiors.
    i like the 1st one, but the bottom right looks like something out of a Kia and the one on the bottom left looks like a poor excuse for a " luxury " sports car.
    have you ever driven a rotary? for their power, they aren't too bad on fuel (please lets not go into another huge debate again guys), are very smooth, and rev super fast. i really like them, and feel that they shoudl be more popular than they are.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    have you ever driven a rotary? for their power, they aren't too bad on fuel (please lets not go into another huge debate again guys), are very smooth, and rev super fast. i really like them, and feel that they shoudl be more popular than they are.
    sorry, i just never liked rotary engine. thats just the way i am. i like inline engines and V power. but i guess i'd have to give it a shot.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Dig the Nano!

I think I saw less Crossfire than Zondas. And I tur my head when I see one, but in the opposite direction.
    You aren't being fair though.

I'd want the GTV on the Z's rear drive chasis. Failing that it'd be a hard time deciding between the Z and the Alfa, altough in the end it'd probably be the Alfa.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You aren't being fair though.

I'd want the GTV on the Z's rear drive chasis. Failing that it'd be a hard time deciding between the Z and the Alfa, altough in the end it'd probably be the Alfa.
    I saw two Zondas while not being in Modena or San Cesario sul Panaro (Pagani's town), and I saw two Crossfire in my while life (one being a light blue SRT-6). Still impressive isn't it?!

The Alfa for me too, I couldn't resist to save that lovely V6.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The Alfa for me too, I couldn't resist to save that lovely V6.
    Even if perhaps it is the worse driver's cars of the group...

Yes, it's hard to say no.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    if you buy a car for attention you're doing it wrong...
    I saw a Benz ad in a magazine saying how many looks a GLK would get as if this would be a good reason to buy one.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the RX8 standard is EXTREMELY restricted with the exhaust

ive seen the power jump 30 - 35 % on 2 different RX-8s with just header/muffler swops (no cats) , no intake work

^^^ Best we've sen in the UK spec ones is about 10bhp and NOT noticable on the road/track.
    Who was claiming 35% ? Hopefully not one of these .... SAVE PETROL FITS Mazda MX-5/MX-6/Premacy/RX-7/RX-8 +31% on eBay (end time 24-Jul-09 19:56:06 BST)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenix View Post
    Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6

Top Speed 254.3 kph / 158.0 mph
    0 - 60 mph 5.2 seconds
    0 - ¼ mile Not Available
    0 - 100 mph Not Available
    Lateral Acceleration Not Available
    EPA City/Hwy Not Available

Nissan 350Z

Top Speed Not Available
    0 - 60 mph 6.1 seconds
    0 - ¼ mile Not Available

Mazda RX8

Top Speed Not Available
    0 - 60 mph Not Available
    0 - ¼ mile Not Available
    Lateral Acceleration g

Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6

Top Speed 250.0 kph / 155.3 mph
    0 - 60 mph 6.7 seconds
    0 - ¼ mile Not Available
    You may want to adjust the data on the Z. I have never heard of any Z or seen it, doing 0-60 in 6.1 seconds or more. Maybe if you were talking abou the heavier G-35 Coupe, maybe that would be understandable. Over 60% of the Zs and Gs I know, will generally do the 0 -60 run in about 5.5 - 5.8 seconds. The quartermile times can range from 13.9 to 15 seconds depending on the humidity and temperature on the track. The Zs performance is sometimes very sensitive to weather conditions. The Z does have a maximum speed of about 160 miles per hour. And, it can reach that peak fairly easily without problems.

I own a G-35 coupe and the hardest constraint I have about giving up the car is the bullet proof engine in that car---best NA engine ever, at least, in my opinion. You really have to drive the 350z or the G-35 Coupe to understand how formidable and reliable the VQ35DE engine really is. Nissan loved this engine to death. Auto tuners love the engine as well. Very few stock engines can stay stock and handle boost up to 9 psi, with the correct tuning. Most who blow their engines, with boost, do so because they exceed the 9psi or 380 RWHP stock limit, or they did not tune the engine properly or skimped on some crucial components that makes the boost levels safe. Beyond this boost level, you will need to rebuild the engine. Most smart folks tend to keep the boost level at about 350 RWHP. With a rebuilt VQ35DE engine, with a single turbo or supercharger, 450RWHP - 500 RWHP is very very possible.

In fact, you can actually buy a G-35 Coupe or 350Z today, pick up a phone and call a company callled "Stillen", buy one of the safest superchargers in the market, get it installed by a trained mechanic, on the G or Z, without any expert tuning on the car, and voila, you now have at least 325RWHP on the G and with at least 305 lb/ft of torque, and you do not need to rebuild the engine. The only problem with this specific supercharger is that you may need to change the hood of the car so that it fits. It uses a roots type supercharger system.

I have been torturing my (G-35 Coupe ) car from the very first day, and I am getting to the point where I am getting tired of doing so with each passing day. I am almost at 50,000 miles. The VQ35DE engine will wear you down. I bought my car for looks, initially, until i realized I had bought something really special. My opinion is that leaving the car N/A with bolts on modifications, will sattisfy anyone for daily driving without sacrificing too much of engine reliability.

Nissan has switched to a new engine called the VQ35HR and the VQ37HR. The 370z has the VQ37HR engine in it. It revs up more quickly than the VQ35DE engine, and it is like twice as responsive. Only time will tell if the VQ37HR engine will be as reliable as the VQ35DE engine. They made the VQ37HR engine to address the harshness of the VQ35DE engine, rawness of the VQ35DE engine, as well as to improve gas mileage and emissions. What I do know is that Nissan may still be in love with their veritable VQ35DE engine, RB26DETT engine, and their SR20DET engines. I won't be surprised if they go back to either in the future. I don't think the VQ35DE engine is gone. It maybe undergoing some future small changes, in order to get more power and effciency out of it.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-24-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^ Best we've sen in the UK spec ones is about 10bhp and NOT noticable on the road/track.
    Who was claiming 35% ?
    the people i gave exhaust building advice too . there is something badly wrong with the "extractor" (" " meaning its not) you are using if it cant give more than 10 hp increase . just the cats missing alone would do that

if its not hand-made , its not perfectly suited to your current tune

In the United States for the same money, you can take Chevrolet Camaro SS

Power - 426 hp
    Torque - 420 ft lbs / 569 Nm
    Top Speed 249.4 kph / 155 mph
    0 - 60 mph 4.7 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Drones View Post
    In the United States for the same money, you can take Chevrolet Camaro SS

Power - 426 hp
    Torque - 420 ft lbs / 569 Nm
    Top Speed 249.4 kph / 155 mph
    0 - 60 mph 4.7 seconds
    Or a 2010 Mustang GT. Just as fast as the Camaro, looks better, weighs 300lbs less

But if we are going with new models I'd rather get a 370Z sport package.

Thread Information