View Poll Results: Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6 vs Nissan 350Z vs Mazda RX8 vs Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6

7 8.33%
  • Nissan 350Z

30 35.71%
  • Mazda RX8

26 30.95%
  • Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6

21 25.00%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 V6 vs Nissan 350Z vs Mazda RX8 vs Alfa Romeo GTV 3.2 V6

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    But if we are going with new models I'd rather get a 370Z sport package.

QFT..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Or a 2010 Mustang GT. Just as fast as the Camaro, looks better, weighs 300lbs less
    both normal

He look, not so good, and his engine - V6, not V8 as the Americans.

Torque 374.2 nm / 276 ft lbs

Or a 2010 Mustang GT. Just as fast as the Camaro, looks better, weighs 300lbs less

I agree completely. It has the same or similar 0-60 numbers as the Mustang GT and Camarro SS---lighter than both cars. The difference is that, on a track, it will flog the Camarro SS and Mustang GT, hands down.

I have test driven the 370z sports package, and it is a beast. The handling and response of the car, is phenomenal. The shifting is so smooth and thrilling, the body is so rigid, and the steering response is so sharp. This is a car you should never ever test drive, because once you do, the chances that you will buy one is almost 90 - 95 %. It almost happened to me. So, I know. I don't know if Nissan is ever going to be able to top the handling and performance of the 370z as a naturally aspirated engine. The 370z is too good to be true.

And while the regular 370z comes with 332 horsepower, the NISMO 370Z which looks awesome, comes with 350 horsepower--naturally aspirated. The regular sports 370z can be bumped up in power to 350 horsepower by adding a dual cold air intake and a "Stillen" after market catback exhaust.

Remember, Nissan is one of the few companies that make a naturally aspirated 3.7 litre V-6 that produce 350 horsepower. If this is not confidence and insane daring, I wonder what is. This sort of power is the territory of V-8 engines.

Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-26-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    The difference is that, on a track, it will flog the Camarro SS and Mustang GT, hands down.
    On the racing track, perhaps, but how often do you go on it?
    Most of the time, the car holds on civilian roads, where extreme mode, do not drive.

Remember, Nissan is one of the few companies that make a naturally aspirated 3.7 litre V-6 that produce 350 horsepower. If this is not confidence and insane daring, I wonder what is. This sort of power is the territory of V-8 engines.
    V6 engine is by definition worse than a V8.

Quote Originally Posted by Drones View Post
    I'm curious about this definition.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 07-27-2009 at 06:10 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Drones View Post
    On the racing track, perhaps, but how often do you go on it?
    Most of the time, the car holds on civilian roads, where extreme mode, do not drive.

1. I visit my track or should I say, pseudo track, twice a week, depending on how good my tires look. And I have the honor of telling you with great confidence, that I have beat a Dodge R/T V-8, hands down, with my G-35 Coupe V-6 on a track, even with less than 50 horsepower than the Dodge R/T. It wasn't even close on a track. The same Dodge R/T spanked me on a drag strip by a good 3 - 4 car lenghts. Unfortunately, people think drag racing is the same as track racing. They are two entirely different activities. i always welcome any Dodge Charger R/T to the track, even with modifications, and the result will be the same, guaranteed.

2. A V-6 engine is not worse than a V-8 engine. On a track, you will look at many many factors before making the decision to go with a V-6 versus a v-8 or vice versa. On thing is clear, a v-6 is gonna be lighter than a v-8, and thus generally easier to handle and throw around on a track, but not always. On the other hand, a v-6 would naturally work harder than a v-8, higher rpms for the same amount of work. In some cases, but not all the time, the V-6 should have better fuel efficiency than a V-8, depending on the volumetraic efficiencies of the engines. However, a V-8 should be better at handling endurance than a V-6. There are many more factors to consider here, beyond what i have just stated. Other considerations would include the intended goal of entering the race, budget, the length of the race, maintenance, etc. The deicison to go with either v-6 or v-8, on a track, is not as easy as it might appear.

Even I, on my pseudo track, is constantly worrying about all these things when i hit my pseudo track---brake pads, brake fluid temperature, engine temperature, state of the engine oil, differential cooling, differential oil, clutch wear and cooling, tire wear, etc. There is no way you are not gonna worry about these things on any track. For this, I plan every moment, I go to the track. It can get expensive really fast, even for a pseudo track. It is not unusual for me to change my brake pads every 3- 4 months, which is really taking it easy with the breaks, and change my engine oil every month with Royal Purple oil, each time. My spark plugs are supposed to last over 60,000 miles but they get replaced every 20, 000 - 25, 000 miles. And my clutch is barely making it to 30,000 miles before each replacement, which is excellent and I am thankful for it---there are some cars you can't even get 12,000 miles out of the clutch, if at all---Check out the Mistubishi Evo IX clutch that can go ut at 15,000 miles or less.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-27-2009 at 10:17 AM.

what is this pseudo track you are talking about?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    what is this pseudo track you are talking about?
    It is a 2-mile road with 8 beautiful twist and turns, with a very very large set of shoulders on eithyer side of the road, with grass on both shoulders, and one undulating section. It is close to where I live, and I can't beleive they built a road that is virtually empty early in the morning from 7 am - 10 am, and from 6 pm to 8 pm, everyday. No houses, no structures, absolutely nothing--just plain road and grass. Just gun the car and make it home in one piece. This is where I go to disgrace drag cars when I am lucky to come across one. Beleive it or not, serious little car drivers are hardest to pass on turns and twists, until you get the small chance needed to pass them on the straight way.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 07-27-2009 at 01:27 PM.

It is a 2-mile road with 8 beautiful twist and turns, with a very very large set of shoulders on eithyer side of the road, with grass on both shoulders, and one undulating section. It is close to where I live, and I can't beleive they built a road that is virtually empty early in the morning from 7 am - 10 am, and from 6 pm to 8 pm, everyday. No houses, no structures, absolutely nothing--just plain road and grass. Just gun the car and make it home in one piece. This is where I go to disgrace drag cars when I am lucky to come across one. Beleive it or not, serious little car drivers are hardest to pass on turns and twists, until you get the small chance needed to pass them on the straight way.
    you should really try taking it to a real track. much safer and less likelihood of anything bad happening. plus, the surface is often a bit better and therefore more grip on a real track, i know laguna is that way.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    you should really try taking it to a real track. much safer and less likelihood of anything bad happening. plus, the surface is often a bit better and therefore more grip on a real track, i know laguna is that way.
    This is true.

2. A V-6 engine is not worse than a V-8 engine. On a track, you will look at many many factors before making the decision to go with a V-6 versus a v-8 or vice versa. On thing is clear, a v-6 is gonna be lighter than a v-8, and thus generally easier to handle and throw around on a track, but not always. On the other hand, a v-6 would naturally work harder than a v-8, higher rpms for the same amount of work. In some cases, but not all the time, the V-6 should have better fuel efficiency than a V-8, depending on the volumetraic efficiencies of the engines. However, a V-8 should be better at handling endurance than a V-6. There are many more factors to consider here, beyond what i have just stated. Other considerations would include the intended goal of entering the race, budget, the length of the race, maintenance, etc. The deicison to go with either v-6 or v-8, on a track, is not as easy as it might appear.
    agree with this
    also power/torque curve are relevant; my car is just as fast/faster than several turbo models of the same generation, simply because i can floor it straight away from the apex and not worry about it so much, whereas they have to feather the throttle a little.
    if i had the torque/torque curve of a V8, it'd just break the rear end loose an slow me down.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

thats not even 100 Hp / L

now if it had 100 hp / L at the wheels , that would be an impressive stock NA

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I'm curious about this definition.
    The point is that the configuration V6, in principle, very unbalanced. To improve the situation, they have to apply the balancing shafts. In addition, there is provided a uniform rotation of outbreaks in the cylinder.
    All this results in severe vibration and rapid wear.

V8, no such deficiencies.
    In addition, V8 engine, has a pleasant sound

1. I visit my track or should I say, pseudo track, twice a week, depending on how good my tires look. And I have the honor of telling you with great confidence, that I have beat a Dodge R/T V-8, hands down, with my G-35 Coupe V-6 on a track, even with less than 50 horsepower than the Dodge R/T. It wasn't even close on a track. The same Dodge R/T spanked me on a drag strip by a good 3 - 4 car lenghts. Unfortunately, people think drag racing is the same as track racing. They are two entirely different activities. i always welcome any Dodge Charger R/T to the track, even with modifications, and the result will be the same, guaranteed.
    Good, but you are an exception. Most people do not drive on the track and the difference in the extreme mode, is not as important as the appearance, engine sound, comfort for everyday use, start with a traffic light.

For argument's sake, every maker has their good and bad apples. There are plenty of great V6 engines out there, just as there are V8s. Every motor has its purpose and its stomping ground in which it outshines other engine sizes.

I too love a V8 more than any other engine, but only because its in my favorite cars. If it really were the engine to end all other engines, there'd be one in every performance car.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    For argument's sake, every maker has their good and bad apples. There are plenty of great V6 engines out there, just as there are V8s. Every motor has its purpose and its stomping ground in which it outshines other engine sizes..
    You do not understand - a good V6 can not be, in principle, like the V10. Configuration does not allow this. Their use is justified only in part, on racing cars.
    At the moment, the best scheme for civil motor vehicle - R4, and V8. Others, are more disadvantages.

Thread Information