Thread: Calligraphy & SLR

Calligraphy & SLR

Famous Arab Artist Incorporates The Beauty Of Calligraphy Into Vehicle Portrait

Gargash Enterprises, the Mercedes-Benz General Distributor of DaimlerChrysler AG in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates has unveiled a unique calligraphy art for Mercedes SLR to portray the contemporary vehicle in an artistic form.

Well known calligraphy artist Mounir Al Shaarani has developed a portrait showing the Mercedes SLR and his art around it. Al Shaarani has created a style from the beauty of the car that deserves poetic description. The portrait includes a line which reads: "The eye falls in love before the ear sometimes." The Mercedes SLR car is transformed into an artistic calligraphy portrait and it is the first step in the world of cars where an artist of such caliber like Al Shaarani is working on the production of 99 limited edition portraits which carry serial numbers.

Dr. Anwar Gargash, Executive Director of Gargash Enterprises is the person behind this conception and it is under his patronage that Al Shaarani has presented his work of art. Dr. Gargash says "I have always appreciated Arabic calligraphy and wished to sponsor an artistic exhibition for this artform. I also wanted to link cars and the work of a well known artist like Al Shaarani who has always been the epitome of calligraphy."

The limited edition portraits will be used as special gifts by Dr. Gargash and each of them will flaunt an authenticity certificate from the artist Mounir Al Shaarani. The certificate will also include the biography of the artist and information about Gargash Enterprises and the worldwide limited editions of Mercedes SLR which do not exceed 500 in the first year.

The artist Mounir Al Shaarani says; "The beauty of Arabic calligraphy which attracts the people with modern vision. There was no relation between a car and a work of art but I think I have successfully linked this art to the contours of Mercedes Benz SLR."

There are various stages involved in developing a calligraphy portrait and this includes; the artist's vision, the design, study of the Arabic letters and the links among them as well as exact spacing and appropriate colours. The successful creation of Mercedes Benz SLR into a calligraphy art form is indicative Al Shaarani's creativity.

Al Shaarani also states that he is into modern calligraphy and takes inspiration from everything old and new around him in the region, even the symbolic advertisements that appear. However, Al Shaarani assures that external things have not altered the way he works and has moved away from western trends while expressing his vision in his art and also maintains the old values of the Arabic tradition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i dont get it....
    have fun with all my attached pictures guys!

Thread Information