32. You may not vote on this poll
  • BMW M5

24 75.00%
  • CTS-V

8 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cadillac cts-v vs new bmw m5

To me most BMWs look so much the same
    True BMWs have always have a look about them, but if you notice, the new Caddies have virtually the same look to them too. 500 hp in a sedan, that rules in my book

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Definitely the M5 for me, though I wouldn't mind having the CTS-V with Lingenfelter's 510hp/530lb-ft 427 engine upgrade .
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

I'd take the BMW M5, quality is the important factor as I would also think that the BMW would have the better quality.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I have been driving a 2004 CTS-V for the past 3 weeks.

This car is truly awesome! Handling is very BMW-like at least compared to the 1998 525 that I used to drive. Power is virtually of the charts (can't imagine what I would do with the extra 100hp in the M5).

Performance and feel have no similarity to other Cadillacs (at least if my mother in law's Seville is any indication). It makes no sense to compare the V to other caddy's just as it would not be meaningful to compare Viper to Neon.

As for the M5, I do not doubt that it will ultimately trump the V for power, handling and comfort. I did not want to wait for the M5 to hit the market or to spend the extra $ (even if I had them). I think the V looks extremely cool (especially the front grill) while the new 5 series styling just does not do it for me (especially from the front view). I love the V interior and the growl of the engine. My next comment is probably a bit jingoistic, but the V conveys a bit of the old time American muscle cars that is appealing depending on one's age.

I've only seen one V in where I live (Los Angeles) and it looked great, but I still perfer the M5 (I'm a fanboy of the M5 if you can't tell already ).

How much did you pay for the V ("out of the door" price)?
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

$47,500 plus sales tax

No sunroof which would have added about $1,300

No gas guzzler tax on the 2004. There is ggt on the 05. This is about $1,500 if I recall.

I would take the Cadillac over the BMW because it looks sooo much better. Come on, guys!!!!! The M5 will have a reputation as the ultimate yuppy-mobile in no time flat, plus the Chris Bangle design is a real turn off..... I bet BMW regret even considering him for the job!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    I would take the Cadillac over the BMW because it looks sooo much better. Come on, guys!!!!! The M5 will have a reputation as the ultimate yuppy-mobile in no time flat, plus the Chris Bangle design is a real turn off..... I bet BMW regret even considering him for the job!
    Despite the low esteem in which most BMW owners are held, the E34 and E39 M5's have managed to keep their noses clean so far, even if the M3 couldn't.

As for the design... eyes, beholder, et cetera.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information