Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where will Holden and Ford be in 10 years time ?

Arrow Where will Holden and Ford be in 10 years time ?

What will we be driving engines petrol engines ? Electric cars ? AWD, Front wheels ? Ugly ones ??? auto pilot? space ship looking things ?

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    man, you'd be shocked at some of the pictures you find when looking up 'jetsons'

Or maybe you wouldn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Meet george jetson his son elroy lol. My sister told me when i was 10 that by the time i got my licence i would be flying space ships, That was 17 years ago im still on 4 wheels

Most of the Holdens and Fords will be here ...

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    What will we be driving engines petrol engines ? Electric cars ? AWD, Front wheels ? Ugly ones ??? auto pilot? space ship looking things ?

more than likely producing many niche variants of the same platform, such as low and high riding 2 door, 4 door, 2wd and 4wd utes, cab chassis variants, swb sedans, lwb sedans, wagons and coupes. then theres the 2nd generation adventra and territory crossovers as well as a host of low ride height awd performance sedans and coupes
    I am the Stig

I just hope that the shapes don't go way out there and start building a cadillac or that coupe chysler crossfire yuk

well logically, Holden have to keep in tune with global GM styling for the VE, so that could be either something like the Vecta, the curvy SS concept or something more boxy like caddy's new theme. similarly with ford, they can either take the theme america seems to be going with in the 500, Futura and freestyle, or follow along the lines of the latest Mondeo and 2nd gen Focus
    I am the Stig

Was just looking at some Lexus is i think it's a allright car love to see holden build something like that.. and some news about the VZ colours whats going and staying

Heron White
    Quicksilver Metallic
    Phantom Mica
    Redhot
    Shanghai Red Mica
    Martini Grey Mica
    Barbados Mica
    STAYING

Syracuse III Metallic
    Turbine Grey Mica
    Berry Red II Mica
    Cove Mica
    Vespers Blue Mica
    Cosmo Mica
    GOING

RUMOUR MILL

The new "Hero Colour" could be Ego Blue. As seen on the One Tonner SST concept
    The SSX might be a surprise new model
    The Crewman might become a trayback aswell

well the crewman tray back is as easy as an XR8 tray back.....its capable right now, just not offered. the crewman would need a custom tray made though which would cost more than say for the one tonner.

ego blue isnt a bad colour by any means, but perhaps Holden are putting to much emphasis on a hero colour. ford seem to be trying to follow holdens lead by offering a new hero colour in either year or 2 year periods but they seem to be offering 5 hero colours at once or something which i think is a better option, as it doesnt provide the buyers with the ultimatum of choose the hero colour and have street cred, or choose a red, black or white and be just another car in the parking lot. Blueprint, Blood Orange, Envi, Citric Acid and Phantom are all distinctive, hero like colours and theres a broad range there which is what i think is good.

the SST can be easily done, just as a HBD option on the one tonner like the canopy is for the Ute. the SSX might require some structural modifications so maybe it wont happen for VZ and holden will surprise us with it for VE
    I am the Stig

Hero colours are a bad investment. Like all fashion it is soooo yesterday, tomorrow. Resale suffers. Leave hero colours to the heros.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Most of the Holdens and Fords will be here ...

Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Building rear wheel drive platforms for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Hero colours are a bad investment. Like all fashion it is soooo yesterday, tomorrow. Resale suffers. Leave hero colours to the heros.

apparently some research has been done into colours affecting resale values, and a cars value can change just if its a rather plain and simple colour like black, blue, red or white. i suppose the hero colours do age quite a bit more though, just look and see if theres any VT commodores still going around in Tiger Mica
    I am the Stig

I still see tiga vt commodore ss going around one past me the other week then i parked next to one, but the color i wont back is the hyper yellow see the same 3 every week would like to see that make a come back, Maybe even the orange flamme from monaro series 1
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Tiger Mica is started to get dated, Hyper yellow is still alright, its the same sort of colour as Acid Rush and Ford are using that right now still. The Monaro seems to be the testing canvas for most of holdens colours, the current series 3 monaro has that metallic blue everyone is talking about being the VZ hero colour, series 2 monaro had that purple thats suppsoedly the current hero colour and the original series 1 monaro had several like hothouse, that bright red and probably the only monaro colour thats never going to make it to the commodore, that bright yellow which i think looks pretty good on the monaro.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information