Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [QUOTE] Maseratti MC12 one of the biggest Fuc* ups ever[/Quote]

[QUOTE] Maseratti MC12 one of the biggest Fuc* ups ever[/Quote]

this is part of the article from the site below

Italian Job

The talking point of the weekend, of course, was the Maserati MC12 decision by
    the FIA. Described by one eminent motor racing member as a “one of the biggest
    **** ups in motor racing history,” the car was not accepted for homologation. The
    door is open for negotiation, and the car could still race this year, but the
    message from the FIA is clear: I don’t care who you are, don’t screw this up.

The basic idea is that Maserati, or Ferrari, should have taken an Enzo, stuck
    some slick tyres and a big rear wing on it, developed the brakes and engine along
    the lines of N-GT rules, and placed it on the track. What Maserati has done is take
    an Enzo, develop it enormously, and then re-homologated it as a road car and
    present that for racing. The FIA said ‘no’. This is not the spirit, and crucially this
    has been built into the racing homologation process.

MC12 F*ck up
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Justice, sweet justice.
    Thanks for all the fish

i always thought something was wrong with the MC12. it almost looks like a F50 from the front, but the cabin seems to have come straight off the enzo.

road version???? Racing???? COOL
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Blaze!

Wow! Now that must be a real shock for Maserati, especially after all the testing they did with Prost etc. On the one hand it's a pity, because I really would like to see the Enzo... argh sorry the MC12 do some serious racing, but on the other side the car might have changed the series in such a dramatic way, that the smaller, less rich teams would have to leave. Back to the old "Gruppe C" times (just a bit of course, but...)
    Michael and Ferrari - Sempre il numero 1!
    You can never go plenty fast enough...

the maser mc12 street oand race are the stupidest ugliest carss to come out of ferrari/maserati in a long time. anyway, its too bad the enzo didnt make it into racing. ferrari is already too good of a brand, they didnt need to make a GT enzo to prove it. heres what could have been, looks incredible in matte black(too bad its not bare carbon like the murcielago R-GT show car)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnnyperl; 07-16-2004 at 06:19 PM.

I never liked the idea of the MC12, to me it cheapened the Ferrari brand by taking a Ferrari and basically making a 'parts bin' stable mate.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    the maser mc12 street oand race are the stupidest ugliest carss to come out of ferrari/maserati in a long time. anyway, its too bad the enzo didnt make it into racing. ferrari is already too good of a brand, they didnt need to make a GT enzo to prove it. heres what could have been, looks incredible in matte black(too bad its not bare carbon like the murcielago R-GT show car)...

that car is the only one of those in the world i think, they showed it moving in 5th gear ages ago but nothing has come of it unfortunately that would of been so much better than the MC12
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

the MC12 is one heck of a racing car . and you could be suprise to see this car in GTP .. modified . first . but we will see modified MC12 . for GTS . it will probably race in 2006 ..
    and the F*** up was done by FIA&ACO . they got scared . couse in this times . they build the cars under supervision from the FIA&ACO . Ratel even declared it will race . and in the final moment .. they blew it .. it will come back . with a vengence ..

BTW . those are not MC12 pictures ..
    check www.maseraticorse.it
    Last edited by DasModell; 07-19-2004 at 01:02 AM.
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

MC12 .. credits . Leglizone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    there is just winning

Quote Originally Posted by DasModell
    the MC12 is one heck of a racing car . and you could be suprise to see this car in GTP .. modified . first . but we will see modified MC12 . for GTS . it will probably race in 2006 ..
    and the F*** up was done by FIA&ACO . they got scared . couse in this times . they build the cars under supervision from the FIA&ACO . Ratel even declared it will race . and in the final moment .. they blew it .. it will come back . with a vengence ..

BTW . those are not MC12 pictures ..
    check www.maseraticorse.it
    I doubt it would be successful as a GTP car. It would need to be rebuilt from the ground up, including the chassis, to conform to the regs, which defeats the point of basing it on the Enzo.

The f*** up isn't by the FIA or ACO, it is by Ferrari for being arrogant enough to believe they could get away with a stunt like this.

Ensuring class domination by building the car specifically for racing whilst everyone else uses pure road cars.

It may conform to the rules but it definately doesn't conform to the spirit of racing.
    Thanks for all the fish

no . not a chance . to be as fast as the Bentley . but if it is raced . i'll be happy ..

but there will be the 25 cars requierd . i don't think they would have thought it will go as with the GT1 . only one car .. i don't see the stunt . please enlight me
    and please . the C5R is a pure road car . sell it to somebody else
    the Prodrive 550 is that . car based on second hand ferraris one of wich was Mike Hezemans Ferrari ..
    so . was the McLaren/Porsche GT1/Merc CLK GTR/LM in the spirit of racing . all those cars dominated . when they first come out
    and nowdays . the cars are kept close with ballast at least in FIA GT. similar things could have slowed the mazza(if it would be necesary) .. how about the new corvette . we all know is gonna be much faster then the C5R . will the now ageing 550 be able to keep the pace ?? .the Lambo is not and will not be a factory supported car .no way it will be on pace with the Corvette .. the only real contender will the DB9 . but we know nothing of it ..

and most important .. why now . after it was build and tested . they could have said that from the beginning . and there would not have been a MC12 ...
    there is just winning

Yes the Mercedes CLK GTR/ CLK LM and Porsche 911 GT1 were against the spirit of racing. That is precisely why the rules were changed - to prevent that from happening again.

The McLaren F1 was never intended to race, it was designed to be the best road car. However, they came underpressure to develop a racing car, and if people start waving money in front of you, you might as well do it.

The GTS class should be for cars that are derived from road going cars, like the Corvette, 550, Saleen S7, DBR9 etc. The teams are usually quite small, without huge budgets (excepting Cheverolet), why should Ferrari, with its immense motorsport budget be allowed to come along and spoil it for those who have played fair?

I think they should have developed a prototype to go up against Audi, but making the GTS car is cheaper, and they knew that they would be able to dominate, whereas they would find it very difficult to beat the R8/ R9's
    Thanks for all the fish

imens budget . don't think so . at least in FIA GT they would not have raced under Maserati Corse . but the cars would have sold to private teams ..
    and BTW . the 575 is a car build by Michelloto . with limited Ferrari backing and i don't see this car destroying any competition ..(so Corvette/GM can do it . but not Ferrari/Maserati . why not ? )

if i remember .. the GT1 rules were not changed . but sort of abbandoned cause there were no manufacturers to compete .. no porsche .. Toyota&Nissan only doing LeMans ..

I would love to see a GTP from Ferrari/Maserati . maybe a 330P5

i don't have a problem with not being homologated . as long as it is outside the rules(dimensions etc) .. but to say it's not in the spirit of racing . come on . just look at the history .. think GT40 . or 917 . or 962C
    Last edited by DasModell; 07-19-2004 at 11:37 AM.
    there is just winning

Thread Information