Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • FORD

32 52.46%
  • HOLDEN

29 47.54%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FORD or HOLDEN

heres an idea: how about, instead of putting up pointless polls that might only reflect the amount of ford fans on UCP compared to holden fans, you go out and get an HQ, XA, HJ, XB, VB, XD, VK, XF, VN, EA, VR, EF, VT, AU, VY and BA and just compare them all and see what you think is better.
    I am the Stig

olly mate hardly any one has voted just posted holden are still better ok i would still be a ford fan if the falcons we had dint f*** up
    .: SDC Evolution :. Web Design www.evolutiondesigns.tk NiSsAn sKyLiNe [G][T][R] TrUe PeRfoMaNcE 1000Hp+ YEAH

what model falcons were they and what happened to them?
    I am the Stig

Sure the boos soiunds great i once past one and you know them dudes on the ford ute xr8 ad the cops are behind them and they say take them for a drive on the salts bla bla bla,,,,, When they take off and you hear the V8 sound,,, It really does sound like that i was shocked that it was to me 100% same.... But the Gen3 has always been down on sound but when unleased it carrys a bug stick... The other day i got outta my car and stood behind it cause i was checking out my dream cars rear in front of me, The VYII calais, It a custom made twin exhaust the guy walked towards it i stopped and waited for him to get in and drive off, 3Min wait he finally kicked it in the guts, And trust me it was sweet nice deep note not load just a nice smooth sweet note from it. sounded very much like the VY I SS ute ad in the fields.

Im still not convinced about this boss motor, High tech yes gen 3 low tech yes but sometimes in life the easy things are often best.
    Boss still has its problems like gen3 would have oil problems brandnew engine that had black oil after 100k was shocking, The boss one bloke my bro knows done the block and heads in the first 9 months. It is the reason my bro has held onto his 95 fairmont ghia so long well it was really AU he hated it,
    But he tells me he might trade in the Ghia for a BAII XR6T cause last time i said something about the boss engine he said it sucks it's just parts from everywhere give me the turbo6 anyday i'll rip it, He works on cars with his mates from time to time and they have had a couple of EL's to BA's they worked on with problems,
    But just so you dont think this is pick on ford day cause i think holden is holly then thou he has also told me storys of the VS-VT clubsports popping out rear windows cause the diff has major vibrations, Or the VY SS that was lowerd 15,000k and the rear needed all new rubbers...
    One for the holden boys My mate had a EA parked on a hill i have told this storys before so i'll cut it short, He's on a hill near his parents house in the country woke up in the morn and the car wasnt there bla bla bla the car somehow rolled down the hill into a dam and all you could see was the rear lol He is famos in swanhill now. Crikey i rote heaps
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

nice point

thats a real good point u got there vote holden
    .: SDC Evolution :. Web Design www.evolutiondesigns.tk NiSsAn sKyLiNe [G][T][R] TrUe PeRfoMaNcE 1000Hp+ YEAH

hahahaha THEY MUST OFF BEEN 1980 models why dont you geta NEW and then come and talk to me buddy AND YOU NO WHAT go FORDS. HOLDENS i rather WALK THEN go in a HOLDEN no matter how far it is BLUDDY HOLDENS.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Im still not convinced about this boss motor, High tech yes gen 3 low tech yes but sometimes in life the easy things are often best.
    Boss still has its problems like gen3 would have oil problems brandnew engine that had black oil after 100k was shocking, The boss one bloke my bro knows done the block and heads in the first 9 months. It is the reason my bro has held onto his 95 fairmont ghia so long well it was really AU he hated it,
    But he tells me he might trade in the Ghia for a BAII XR6T cause last time i said something about the boss engine he said it sucks it's just parts from everywhere give me the turbo6 anyday i'll rip it, He works on cars with his mates from time to time and they have had a couple of EL's to BA's they worked on with problems,
    The BOSS isnt exactly new, Fod practically started producing th 5.4 after they stopped making the 5.8 way back in 1996 or whenever it was. the newest part is the U231 4V heads from the Mustang and the F-150's 3V heads, but i doubt they would carry any serious teething problems

the series 2 XR6T should be a ripper though. the rumours are suggeing a 6 speed auto and perhaps the XR8 manual, so i wouldnt be surpised if they sell quicker then they do at the moment.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    what model falcons were they and what happened to them?
    a xf the motor blew up in that than a AU that was a pure shit heap probally previous owners falt and also i think it was an ef in that the motor ceased up

go ford ALL THE WAU FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD.

The BOSS isnt exactly new, Fod practically started producing th 5.4 after they stopped making the 5.8 way back in 1996 or whenever it was. the newest part is the U231 4V heads from the Mustang and the F-150's 3V heads, but i doubt they would carry any serious teething problems

the series 2 XR6T should be a ripper though. the rumours are suggeing a 6 speed auto and perhaps the XR8 manual, so i wouldnt be surpised if they sell quicker then they do at the moment.
    thats why my brothers hates the boss he thinks sure we make it hear and develpet it to go as good as we can but in the end its parts from everywhere truck engine or big ute lol. That's why he wants BA II XR6T he hopes for the 6 speed auto he told me once and i said your dreaming lol

Quote Originally Posted by evolution69
    a xf the motor blew up in that than a AU that was a pure shit heap probally previous owners falt and also i think it was an ef in that the motor ceased up
    well that defiately sounds unfortunate, the XF's straight six was prety good for its day, easily outran a 253 and kept up with a 308 apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    thats why my brothers hates the boss he thinks sure we make it hear and develpet it to go as good as we can but in the end its parts from everywhere truck engine or big ute lol. That's why he wants BA II XR6T he hopes for the 6 speed auto he told me once and i said your dreaming lol
    Well i stil think its better than simply getting crate engines from the US. detroit did say though that the mustang heads wouldnt work on the F-150 block, but we proved them wrong and now theyve putthe F-150 heads on the mustang block. it seems the initial idea gave a torquey truck engine some much needed breathing, no doubt with the original 2 valve heads, the 5.4 would only rev to about 5000rpm which is matched by the new patrol turbo diesels

tell you brother though that the BA2 XR6T will definately come with a 6 speed, just no one knos yet whether it'll be a manual or auto
    I am the Stig

tell you brother though that the BA2 XR6T will definately come with a 6 speed, just no one knos yet whether it'll be a manual or auto
    He will go nuts he is a big fan of the VL Turbo its been a fav of his since he drove one in 98 with 25psi hot rod he called it 5 speed he said every gear change the rear would snap out hard but he held and keeped going up gears till he hit the gutter lol and did a donut to show his mates he was still in control but it scared him he said and thats why he loved it, So i can see him making this BA II XR6T a sub 13sec beast, But he wants it in that lime color? with fairmont ghia trim can this be optioned ?

yeah that would be Citric Acid, someone i know is gunna paint their El Camino in it. what he wants would be called the XR Luxury interior package, on the XR6T it would make it about as expensive as an auto XR8.

making it sub 13 second shouldnt be too hard, both the stage 2 Nizpro kit and Phase 2 APS kit push about 320-350kw and can do about a 12.5 and thats for just over $5K
    I am the Stig

600th post

FORD definatly ford they have the ford GT the concept off roader dont know what thats called but ford is so ultimate its has the old time ledgend classics
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

ford has to be for me
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Thread Information