Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cadillac does suspension a bit differntly

cadillac does suspension a bit differntly

I read in a magizine that cadillac has a special type of suspension, It has 2 pistons and fluid running through it and a computer controls the mixture of fluid and the adjustment of the suspension, it can change it 100 times a second!

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    I read in a magizine that cadillac has a special type of suspension, It has 2 pistons and fluid running through it and a computer controls the mixture of fluid and the adjustment of the suspension, it can change it 100 times a second!
    hmmm sounds like Lotus active suspension from 1989
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

yep, i've heard of this before in cadillacs. the xlr has it, i think.

It's called

Magnetic
    Selective
    Ride
    Control

and its not just Cadillac that uses it
    eat cicada

who else uses it?

what the hell i will just get hydrolics
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by cuntukimushroom
    what the hell i will just get hydrolics
    The cheapest is still hydraulic where the internal valving in the damper is controlled externally to vary comperssion and reboud rates.

Not sure if that's what this is - probably
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

or you can get airbag suspension.

Magnetic Selective Ride Control works by having shocks filled with a fluid with suspended iron particles in it and electromagnets that change the viscosity of the fluid to change damping rates at something like 100times per second. It supposedly works quite well but I can't imagine what it would cost to repair a busted MSRC. All of this is from memory so if any of it's wrong I apologize in advance.
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

well, it matches what it said in the magazine, and I imagine if it breaks the guy better visit thebank, it would probily cose an arm and a leg to replace or fix.

well, people seem to need to go long anbd complicated ways as long as Citroen's hydraulic suspension system is still patented. I have been running that since 1986!
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I heard that when the hydrolic suspension first came out with cetroen, it was plauged with problems. but I hope they improved it.

I heard that when the hydrolic suspension first came out with cetroen, it was plauged with problems. but I hope they improved it.
    one problem only once, out of more than 550000 km's with six different cars. Current one close to 200000, one change of bulbs after 150000 (comparable to the change of shocks)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

another example of a great French innovation which suffered for atrociaou French implementation
    But hey, don't even MENTION BLs awful Hydragas system !!! Lots of cars spent their whole life getting one side pumped up each year. At least Citroen got theirs sorted in the end

ah, It was something else involving hidrolics that was plaged with problems that i'm thinking of.

Thread Information