Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are American Cars so BIG?

Quote Originally Posted by gow589
    Evidently opposing views and free speech are not allowed here. I gues that is why no one sticks around here.
    Is that a guess, or did you do some analysis to substantiate that?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    it does here
    are you sure it doesn't work and that your just not imagining/beleiving that it doesn't work
    When I read that internet explorer cannot find the site, the link does not work on my machine.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    When I read that internet explorer cannot find the site, the link does not work on my machine.
    I was going to suggest that you have no proof internet explorer works or that you even HAVE a PC, but some things have to be on faith
    and if we dont' accept those 2 things then the great god Gates would condemn us

I've checked that link again from another machine and it worked fine there.
    You might want to check your browsers MIME settings. Does right click save target as work ?

BTW, it's not THAT good, it's only the "prisoner" clip saying he is not a number Was funny way back in the thread and just 'sad' now
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    I was going to suggest that you have no proof internet explorer works or that you even HAVE a PC, but some things have to be on faith
    and if we dont' accept those 2 things then the great god Gates would condemn us

I've checked that link again from another machine and it worked fine there.
    You might want to check your browsers MIME settings. Does right click save target as work ?

BTW, it's not THAT good, it's only the "prisoner" clip saying he is not a number Was funny way back in the thread and just 'sad' now
    I am sitting in a deserted office, using the oldest computer around, that acts as a server and that was the message I got. By next week I'll be able to log in my own laptop and then see what happens.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DieterCabral
    I live in Mexico... and i have to say that since we are so close to the USA, our car culture WAS very similar to theirs... the problem is that our gas prices are closer to the European market rather than to the americans (oops)...

We used to have tons of gigantic V8 cars with no efficiency or curving capability at all. (Grand Marquis, Lincoln Towncar, any Cadillac or Chrysler)... they are comfortable... very comfortable but you get tired of having a 4 liter V8 that only puts out 215 hp !

There are some pro's to having a gigantic car... for example the space and also...mmm the space... and some space too.

the con's well... you know them (the braking capability close to having no brakes at all, crappy interiors(check out any ford or GM radio), cheap plastic parts, and overall the cars are built to be changed in a couple of years...)

If you have had your Ford Taurus for 5 years... you know that you have spent thousands of dollars in repairs and preventive maintenance. now if you've had a Bmw 528 for the same 5 years... well, you still drive it to work and have virtually no problems with it.

Its a strange thing what is happening with the automotive industry, the Americans are trying to become more european (the CTS, the lincoln LS, the Mondeo, new Ford Focus, Crossfire, etc...) the Asians are becoming either american or just weird. (Camry, Accord, Lexus (all), and the weird ones (element, atoz, matiz, etc)

Just one final thought before I stop writing... I was in Chicago last week and I saw an ad for the new Dodge Magnum which I found offensive, false and quite frankly I wanted to trash my tv set. In this ad the magnum is racing a Lotus Esprit V8... and that piece of crap (The magnum of course) wins!... the lotus is humiliated... I hope that “car” or the guy who designed the ad burns in hell… once I’ve gotten that out my system I can breathe easily.
    Are you sure it wasn't a Dodge Ram SRT 10? They are the same speed as the lotus (0-60 in 4.8) and are faster in the quarter. Dodge is 13.2. Lotus-350 HP twin turbo; Dodge: 500HP all engine. Don't get frustrated about crap you cannot control...live with it.

My bad...the Dodge is a half a second slower.

1998 Lotus Esprit V8 Turbo 4.4 12.8
    2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 4.8 13.2

Quote Originally Posted by dozlert
    Are you sure it wasn't a Dodge Ram SRT 10? They are the same speed as the lotus (0-60 in 4.8) and are faster in the quarter. Dodge is 13.2. Lotus-350 HP twin turbo; Dodge: 500HP all engine. Don't get frustrated about crap you cannot control...live with it.
    and a full tank of fuel will last you to the end of the dragstrip
    halo 2 - november 9

Quote Originally Posted by dozlert
    My bad...the Dodge is a half a second slower.

1998 Lotus Esprit V8 Turbo 4.4 12.8
    2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 4.8 13.2
    may be the ad showed the Lotus driving backwards

Quote Originally Posted by danno
    and a full tank of fuel will last you to the end of the dragstrip

Hehehe, you are correct! I think that thing only gets about 9 MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    may be the ad showed the Lotus driving backwards
    If you actually watch the add the cars didnt really race. The magnum trys too pass the esprit and the esprit speeds up, then the magnum speeds up and passes the esprit.

The commercial that you guys are talking about is with the Magnum and not the Ram SRT-10... The Magnum could never equall the Esprit in any way.

That commercial pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    The commercial that you guys are talking about is with the Magnum and not the Ram SRT-10... The Magnum could never equall the Esprit in any way.

Its a shame that the USA doesn't have the ASA.

The one time it would have been useful.

Actually, America probably should have some sort of ASA.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Its a shame that the USA doesn't have the ASA.

The one time it would have been useful.

Actually, America probably should have some sort of ASA.
    In america, companies can be suied for false advertising, but its not false, and only misleading if your closeminded...
    Does it show anywhere that the Esprit was trying? Because obveously it wasnt, no where in that commercial did it say or show that the magnum was better, or faster than the Esprit. It was a single commercial, somewhat humorous, get over it. The magnum passed the Esprit big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx

I'd like to see you fit a dozen 2x4s in an Espirit, I think the Magnum has better towing capabilities also.
    There are ads over here that show a Jeep Grand Cherokee towing a tractor trailer, we don't take them literally.
    Chaos is the natural order

aMERICANS LIKE BIG CARS CAUSE THEY ARE INSECURE PEOPLE BY NATURE AND NEED BIG BLOCK V8S TO MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE THEYR ALIVE.

just today, a new F-250 was driving besides me in the highway and the hood was higher than my car. i mean give me a freaking break. i live in montreal a 3 million habitants city, what do you need a V10 titron king ranch F250 for.???
    FOR YOUR EGGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and who on earth names a truck KING RANCH???!!!!????
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Thread Information