Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: story

story

just heard on the news that humanitarians will be setting up water stations in the dessert for illegal immigrants so that they don't get dehydrated on their journey, they said that "they arent victims" etc blah blah blah

thats kind of illegal isnt it? something like aiding felony?
    Last edited by my porsche; 10-15-2005 at 09:25 PM.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

A 12 page debate ensues.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

pretty much yes

The illegal aliens go through hell to get to the US because they live in extreme poverty. These people make less $2.00 USD a day!! They don't go through what the go through for the pleasure of it, it's desperationn to feed, house, and clothe themselfs and families. If the situation was reversed, could anyone here guaranty me that they wouldn't do the same? I don't have a proplem with traeting them like what they are...people and give them water.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I don't think it would be aiding a felony because I think you have to be a citizen to commit a felony....but ugh.....I mean, yeah, those people shouldn't be trying to get into the country illegally, and if officially we don't want it happening, then what should be done is to set up water stations and after the imigrants are well and hydrated, put them on a bus back to mexico. That would say...well, you gave it a good college try, but you didn't do the necessary things to get here, so you're going back until you do it correctly
    pondering things

Go to Hermiston, Oregon

I agree that these immigrants are very poor and need to be helped but then, on whom do we blame the increasing crime rate? not to mention degradation of many urban neighborhoods?
    No. of immigrants needs to be checked.
    John Buffum was the man.

UCP's most violent member; a lump of destructive energy.

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    just heard on the news that humanitarians will be setting up water stations in the dessert for illegal immigrants so that they don't get dehydrated on their journey, they said that "they arent victims" etc blah blah blah

thats kind of illegal isnt it? something like aiding felony?
    Thats a f***** disgrace. What do we owe most of these people, absolutely nothing. Sure they are suffering in their countries, and I understand that. But why is it our problem?

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    I don't think it would be aiding a felony because I think you have to be a citizen to commit a felony....but ugh.....I mean, yeah, those people shouldn't be trying to get into the country illegally, and if officially we don't want it happening, then what should be done is to set up water stations and after the imigrants are well and hydrated, put them on a bus back to mexico. That would say...well, you gave it a good college try, but you didn't do the necessary things to get here, so you're going back until you do it correctly
    I think it is more of a felony to employ illegal immigrants, which if I am not mistaken takes place on a large scale in the US states bordering Mexico. But of course, illegal immigrants are cheap, and therefore profitable.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    The illegal aliens go through hell to get to the US because they live in extreme poverty. These people make less $2.00 USD a day!! They don't go through what the go through for the pleasure of it, it's desperationn to feed, house, and clothe themselfs and families. If the situation was reversed, could anyone here guaranty me that they wouldn't do the same? I don't have a proplem with traeting them like what they are...people and give them water.
    if we listen to Geldof and his friends its quite easy to end this.Ofcourse i'm sceptical

I don't think that giving them water will increase the # of illegal immigrants... It will just make their journey a tiny little bit better. What encourages them to keep coming is the availability of work (as Henk mentioned) which is often granted by Americans looking for cheap labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Go to Hermiston, Oregon
    Why Oregon??? Why not Lewiston, it's pretty bleak there.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Wouldnt the border patrol just watch the water taps?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    what should be done is to set up water stations and after the imigrants are well and hydrated, put them on a bus back to mexico. That would say...well, you gave it a good college try, but you didn't do the necessary things to get here
    haha thats great!

"are you feeling better, did you get enough water?"
    "si"
    "oh thats good, how are you feeling now?"
    "muy bueno"
    "good, good, now get your ass on the bus. Tu ass in el autobus."

niko, how did you get here, how hard was all the paperwork and stuff? like i dont think its that they dont want to do the paperwork, theyres only so many legal immigrations a year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    niko, how did you get here, how hard was all the paperwork and stuff? like i dont think its that they dont want to do the paperwork, theyres only so many legal immigrations a year, right?
    Work Visa through my dad. He had a decent education, money in Bolivares and Dollars, stocks in the Dow Jones and Nasdaq, worked hard for many years in British / Dutch corporations in Vzla etc. (Not bragging about it, but it is the kind of immigration that can come in handy in the US) and thanks to his reputation and such we were able to move over here.. It's almost impossible for an average Joe to go through the US immigration, especially Central / South Americans on which the US is the toughest... It's even hard to get a Tourist Visa for some.

I'll expand on this later focusing on Tourist, Student, Investor, Work, Sport, etc Visas. Seriously a tough process to go through. It's funny to just say "Do it legally and pay taxes" because I'm sure that they'd be willing to do so if given the chance.

Thread Information