Thread: 1989 Toyota Camry Deluxe Wagon

1989 Toyota Camry Deluxe Wagon

Have come upon a 1989 Toyota Camry Deluxe Wagon power everything 6cyl, all owner's reciepts and only 57,000 miles in superb condition. The asking price was $5000 I offered $3500 and will hear tomorrow if my offer is accepted. Is this a good buy? Also does this model have a timing belt or chain? Thanks.

I guess they have belts as chains are rarely used. Has it been changed already? Are you talking US Dollars? Reliability is no problem with Toyota, any traces of rust? What was the 89 selling price?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

This car has no rust. In fact it looks almost new. I think the original price was around $20K but no too positive. I have an '89 Sentra that has a timing chain. I think it was the last of the Nissans that did. Hence the question of chain vs belt. It spent most of its life near Houston, the past two years was here in Albuquerque. It seems like a real nice car.

Camrys are dead boring but reliable and comfortable. Quite a refined ride for a vanilla sedan/wagon too.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I like the older Toyotas and Toyotas of all years are very reliable (like a VW) sao all in all a good buy

Reliable is what I go for. Bells and whistles can be exchanged for boring. I think an okay car for someone without much money. I don't hink the timing belt has been changed yet. Anyone know when change is recommended by Toyota? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cmeehan
    Anyone know when change is recommended by Toyota? Thanks.
    Check with a Toyota dealer, he might know, there should also be a hint in the maintenance manual that should go with the car.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information